Speaking of tandems

Old October 14th 04, 01:12 AM
hippy

Default Speaking of tandems

"Parbs" wrote in message
There was a mixed pair team riding one at the Mont

http://www.johnfraserphotography.com...nt%202004.html

http://www.johnfraserphotography.com...ges/tandem.jpg

Mad!

hippy

Old October 14th 04, 01:12 AM
Parbs

There was a mixed pair team riding one at the Mont

http://www.johnfraserphotography.com...nt%202004.html

I didn't see them out on the track but from all accounts were absolutely motoring up the fire road climbs but slowed considerably in
the tight twisty singletrack.

Parbs

Old October 14th 04, 01:41 AM
geoffs

http://tinyurl.com/5kcys

I didn't see them out on the track but from all accounts wer
absolutely motoring up the fire road climbs but slowed considerably in
the tight twisty singletrack.

Parbs

It depends how good you are, and how brave/stupid your stoker is.
have seen photos of tandems 2 meters off the ground over jumps.
Its only the worst single track that slows you down.
unfortunately my stoker isn't real keen on dirt. we get up to 100kms a
hour (Big Hills) on the road though )
The No 1 offroad tandems are the Ventena and Ellsworth.
All you need is the money and part of yours and your stokers brai
removed

Cheers

Geoff

Santana Sovereig

--
geoffs

Old October 14th 04, 04:27 AM
warrwych

Parbs Wrote:
There was a mixed pair team riding one at the Mont

http://tinyurl.com/5kcys

I didn't see them out on the track but from all accounts were
absolutely motoring up the fire road climbs but slowed considerably in
the tight twisty singletrack.

Parbs

I saw them come down thru the switchback and it was mighty impressive!
They didnt look any slower than any other rider coming thru that same
section and certainly did it faster than I did (which really isnt hard
come to think of it ;-) ).

--
warrwych