"Hijacking / Redirecting Content Issue

Old February 12th 09, 02:08 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default "Hijacking / Redirecting Content Issue

Is this new? I've seen some of my posts on websites that have nothing
to do with this group or some of the other groups I've posted to. It
looks like google is selling our group posts as content on advertising
sites. Is this part of our posting agreement. I don't think I want my
posts used else where.
Old February 12th 09, 02:21 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

I found this on google site:
4. Use of Materials

The content within the Service is protected by copyright and other
laws in both the United States and elsewhere. The Service includes
both content owned or controlled by Google as well as content owned or
controlled by third parties and licensed to Google (collectively, the
"Materials").

Google authorizes you to view and download a single copy of the
Materials solely for your personal, non-commercial use. You may not
sell or modify the Materials or reproduce, display, publicly perform,
distribute, or otherwise use the Materials in any way for any public
or commercial purpose without the written permission of Google.

my posts and some of yours appear here, (and other sites)
http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=199392
http://www.trianglecycling.com/edit-...937/page2.html

I don't know if I like this.
Old February 12th 09, 05:30 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

On Feb 12, 10:40*am, Jon Bendtsen wrote:
wrote:
Is this new? I've seen some of my posts on websites that have nothing
to do with this group or some of the other groups I've posted to. It
looks like google is selling our group posts as content on advertising
sites. Is this part of our posting agreement. I don't think I want my
posts used else where.

You are not on Google. You are on USENET - a world wide discussion
forum that predates the web by a decade.

There are others than Google that run USENET servers, i dont use
Google at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet

JonB

I was under the impression google took over usenet and was hosting it.
am I wrong?
It must be that I'm using a google log in so google puts usenet into a
frame?
Where is usenet being hosted from?

I'll check around and see what's going on with google and usenet.
I knew I was posting on usenet but I honestly thought it had become
part of google groups.

Old February 12th 09, 06:31 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Jon Bendtsen

wrote:
[...]

Usenet consists of a network of servers that automatically
distribute postings. Google bought DejaNews, but there are other
usenet servers.

JonB
Old February 12th 09, 11:17 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
gotbent[_11_]

wrote:
[...]

You can set up a free Usenet account using "public.teranews.com" as the
server. It's free, covers about 80,000 groups including binaries and has
decent retention, but the number of consecutive users is limited and
download speed is throttled down a bit too, otherwise...it's FREE.

gotbent aka FRT rider

Old February 13th 09, 08:06 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Jeff Grippe

I believe that there are commercial sites that scan through usenet postings
are repost them.

I have found postings from technical groups that I post to re-posted to
technical sites. These sites perform a service in that they consolidate
information from a large variety of sources including usenet. They generally
don't charge fees for basic access and so they are supported by advertising.

Google has nothing to do with this.

You have no control over the content that you post to usenet. You are
essentially creating public domain works which can be freely redistributed.

Jeff

Old February 14th 09, 01:06 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Jeff Grippe" wrote in message
news
I believe that there are commercial sites that scan through usenet postings
are repost them.

I have found postings from technical groups that I post to re-posted to
technical sites. These sites perform a service in that they consolidate
information from a large variety of sources including usenet. They
generally don't charge fees for basic access and so they are supported by
advertising.

Google has nothing to do with this.

You have no control over the content that you post to usenet. You are
essentially creating public domain works which can be freely
redistributed.

Let us hope for the good of humanity that my many postings (approx. 12,000)
to the cycling newsgroups excoriating Muslims, liberal Dems, the mass media,
lustful sinners and Tom Sherman are being redistributed worldwide. Then I
can go to my grave and rest in eternal peace.
[...]

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old February 17th 09, 01:01 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Harry Brogan

Let us hope for the good of humanity that my many postings (approx. 12,000)
to the cycling newsgroups excoriating Muslims, liberal Dems, the mass media,
lustful sinners and Tom Sherman are being redistributed worldwide. Then I
can go to my grave and rest in eternal peace.
[...]

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

I would agree with that Ed. I have seen some of my posts out there as
well. Only goes to show you that nothing is private on the internet.
If one can't deal with that then don't post here!!!!!

As for myself? Well...I'll continue my posts and, frankly, I don't
really give a crap if the Muslims, liberal democrats, mass media, or
anyone else thinks. I have always been one to speak my mind. Right
there along with Ed!!!!!
__o | Every time I see an adult on a bicycle....
_`\(,_ | I no longer despair for the human race.
(_)/ (_) | ---H.G. Wells---
Old February 17th 09, 03:28 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Harry Brogan" wrote in message

Edward Dolan wrote:

Let us hope for the good of humanity that my many postings (approx.
12,000)
to the cycling newsgroups excoriating Muslims, liberal Dems, the mass
media,
lustful sinners and Tom Sherman are being redistributed worldwide. Then I
can go to my grave and rest in eternal peace.
[...]

I would agree with that Ed. I have seen some of my posts out there as
well. Only goes to show you that nothing is private on the internet.
If one can't deal with that then don't post here!!!!!

As for myself? Well...I'll continue my posts and, frankly, I don't
really give a crap if the Muslims, liberal democrats, mass media, or
anyone else thinks. I have always been one to speak my mind. Right
there along with Ed!!!!!

It is very important not to take Usenet seriously. It is simply a playground
for mischievous minds. I regard it as my main mission in life (and indeed a
sacred duty) to keep tabs on the notorious and nefarious Tom Sherman. He
must never be allowed to rampage freely on ARBR again.