Anti-Mountain Bike Advocate Attacks Cyclists With Handsaw

Old June 9th 10, 06:47 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment
Bruce Jensen

Default Anti-Mountain Bike Advocate Attacks Cyclists With Handsaw

On Jun 7, 12:18*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"Bruce Jensen" wrote in message

On Jun 7, 9:45 am, JimmyMac wrote:

Well, in our jurisprudence system, a person is innocent until proven
guilty. If and when Mike is found guilty, it should be interesting to
see what you have to say then to rationalize Mike's irrational
behavior If you continue to side with mike in this matter you will be
siding with a violent criminal and that too will speak volumes..
With the verbal diarrhea that has spewed forth to date, Ed has already

spoken volumes...

All Bruce Jensen is ever capable of is just one inane remark after another.

Old June 10th 10, 06:17 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message

ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS!

Once again you failed to asnwe a question asked for a sceond (now

third time), so I will put it right at the TOP.

What gives Mike Vandeman the right to to assume the role of law

enforcement and take the law into his own hands?

He was most likely defending himself from the criminal mountain bikers.

If you must SNIP that which you care not to respond to, at least

extend the courtesy to indicate that you have SNIPPED another's text.
I specifically refer to...

I indicate a snip like this:
[...]

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old June 10th 10, 06:22 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment
Edward Dolan

"Bruce Jensen" wrote in message
On Jun 7, 12:18 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

All Bruce Jensen is ever capable of is just one inane remark after
another.
He is a man of few words, all of them worthless. He badly needs to find a
chat room.

At least mine are brief - your idiocy spans ream after ream of

bandwidth.

A message can be brief or long, but it should consist of something
worthwhile for others to read. Try to show some courtesy and respect for
others who may be reading these messages. After all, this is a newsgroup,
not a chat room.

Old June 10th 10, 02:30 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment
JimmyMac

On Jun 10, 12:17*am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS!

Once again you failed to answer a question asked for a second (now

third time), so I will put it right at the TOP.

What gives Mike Vandeman the right to to assume the role of law

enforcement and take the law into his own hands?

He was most likely defending himself from the criminal mountain bikers.

Diversion duly noted. That is ducking, not answering the question.
Mike was hiking with a saw in anticipation of self-defnese? HIGHLY
UNLIKELY!!!

If you must SNIP that which you care not to respond to, at least

extend the courtesy to indicate that you have SNIPPED another's text.
I specifically refer to...

I indicate a snip like this:
[...]

Proper neitquette calls indicatin a snip like this SNIP or [SNIP],
so spell it out. Don't leave the readership guessing when you are
unable or unwilling respond.

Old June 10th 10, 07:03 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message

ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS!

Once again you failed to answer a question asked for a second (now

third time), so I will put it right at the TOP.

What gives Mike Vandeman the right to to assume the role of law

enforcement and take the law into his own hands?

He was most likely defending himself from the criminal mountain bikers.

Diversion duly noted. That is ducking, not answering the question.

Mike was hiking with a saw in anticipation of self-defnese? HIGHLY
UNLIKELY!!!

I think he was carrying a saw to cut any tires on unattended bicycles he
came across. Or it may have just been a defensive weapon. Mr. Vandeman knows
that most mountain bikers who ride their bikes on trails where it is
prohibited are criminals and thugs. The rationale for a saw would be
removing limbs from the trail.

If you must SNIP that which you care not to respond to, at least

extend the courtesy to indicate that you have SNIPPED another's text.
I specifically refer to...

I indicate a snip like this:
[...]

Proper neitquette calls indicatin a snip like this SNIP or [SNIP],

so spell it out. Don't leave the readership guessing when you are
unable or unwilling respond.

What is your citation for the above preferred method?

I am following how Tom Sherman does it. He always does everything quite
correct. That is good enough for me.

Old June 10th 10, 08:21 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment
Moderate

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
Mike was hiking with a saw in anticipation of self-defnese? HIGHLY
UNLIKELY!!!

I think he was carrying a saw to cut any tires on unattended bicycles he
came across. Or it may have just been a defensive weapon. Mr. Vandeman
knows that most mountain bikers who ride their bikes on trails where it is
prohibited are criminals and thugs. The rationale for a saw would be
removing limbs from the trail.

I carry a saw when I do trail maintenance. I don't approve of Vandeman's
methods, but I would like to see more of the MTB community condemn the
cyclists for being on a trail restricted to foot traffic.

Old June 10th 10, 08:26 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment
Bruce Jensen

On Jun 10, 12:21*pm, "Moderate" wrote:
"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

Mike was hiking with a saw in anticipation of self-defnese? *HIGHLY
UNLIKELY!!!

I think he was carrying a saw to cut any tires on unattended bicycles he
came across. Or it may have just been a defensive weapon. Mr. Vandeman
knows that most mountain bikers who ride their bikes on trails where it is
prohibited are criminals and thugs. The rationale for a saw would be
removing limbs from the trail.

I carry a saw when I do trail maintenance. *I don't approve of Vandeman's
methods, but I would like to see more of the MTB community condemn the
cyclists for being on a trail restricted to foot traffic.

They won't do it en masse. By and large, the MTB community wants the
trails too.
Old June 11th 10, 02:19 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment
Edward Dolan

On Jun 10, 1:06 pm, "Moderate" wrote:
"Bruce Jensen" wrote in message

[...]

Very simply, don't expect the MTB community to condemn use of foot-
only trails by MTBs. The MTB, by and large, want to use those trails
too. You may get a few who are willing to admit guilt, but I think
that most MTBers - the "en masse" - won't. Why would they condemn
something that, at its core, they agree with?

Ahhh, I see. Maybe they should get out an build a few trails like the

backpacking community has done.- Hide quoted text -

They do - usually without permission and just using their tires.

Therein lies the main problem.

Mountain bikers need their own trails. Hikers and bikers cannot coexist
because we use trails differently.

What is needed is more severe punishment. Mountain bikers caught riding
their bikes on hiking trails should be executed on the spot. I suggest
hanging them by the neck until dead from the nearest tree. I think that
would send the right message to the ****ing "MTB community".

Old June 11th 10, 04:11 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment
Moi-aussi

Snip
They do - usually without permission and just using their tires.

Therein lies the main problem.

Mountain bikers need their own trails. Hikers and bikers cannot coexist
because we use trails differently.

What is needed is more severe punishment. Mountain bikers caught riding
their bikes on hiking trails should be executed on the spot. I suggest
hanging them by the neck until dead from the nearest tree. I think that
would send the right message to the ****ing "MTB community".

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

I'm beginning to like you! Shock and awe!!!
Old June 11th 10, 02:17 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment
Bill Weir

On Jun 10, 9:19*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"Bruce Jensen" wrote in message

On Jun 10, 1:06 pm, "Moderate" wrote: "Bruce Jensen" wrote in message

[...]

[...]

You're already sending a message to the "MTB community" and it's that
you're an irrational, sociopathic loon.

No one takes you seriously, just like Mike.