Memory Foam Saddle?

Old March 2nd 07, 10:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Calves

Default Memory Foam Saddle?

I have two saddles with memory foam and I have revised one a few times
to get a good comfortable set-up. The foam comes in many different
firmness / softness ratings and it is very important to get the right
one. My first attempts were too firm and my current saddles are about
right. They do freeze easy though but that is only a factor for a
minute or so and then your body heat warms them up. I have never had a
problem with the boys being on fire like I used to get. I am doing
rides of 1-2 hours in the saddle all the time. I find my saddles are
way way more comfortable than the orgional KH ones.

I have an '07 KH saddle now too but I haven't given it a test to
compare it to my saddles. Maybe in the next few weeks.

--
Calves
Calves's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13913

Old March 2nd 07, 11:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
john_childs

Calves wrote:
I have an '07 KH saddle now too but I haven't given it a test to compare
it to my saddles. Maybe in the next few weeks.

With the new KH Freeride saddles now available I don't think there is
much need to explore the memory foam and other alternative foam
options. The Fusion Freeride foam is comfy and shaped well. The most
comfortable saddle for long road rides that I've used so far. Better
than any of the modified saddles I've made so far including the air +
foam saddles I've made.

I did the 33 mile Chilly Hilly ride last weekend. It was the first
long ride on my new Fusion Freeride foam. I finished the ride with my
butt feeling much better than it has in past years doing the same
ride.

My saddle is the KH Freeride foam on a Miyata style carbon base. It
has a little more curvature in the saddle than the stock KH Freeride
saddle. I'm going to play around with the CF base to reduce the
curvature and see if that makes it even better.

I don't want the Fusion Freeride to stop the innovation and new ideas
in foam saddle technology. But it does raise the bar from where it
was.

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Team Never Wash Your Muni
Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3)

Memory Foam Saddle? kington99 Unicycling 0 February 28th 07 03:39 PM
Memory foam saddle! Danni Unicycling 15 November 25th 06 12:53 AM
memory foam seat manon1wheel Unicycling 7 May 19th 06 08:08 PM
memory foam seat unisteez Unicycling 0 May 19th 06 01:22 AM
foam saddle foam goldenchicken Unicycling 3 December 6th 05 06:40 AM