Horn Blowing = Lion's Roar?

Old April 30th 08, 03:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
CommandanteApeshit

Default Horn Blowing = Lion's Roar?

You should never let the guard down in the jungle. But you should be
able to tell a threatening roar from a hesitant driver, though both
can be deadly.

Gotcha. Fear is the mind-killer. Keep killing that mind.
Old April 30th 08, 03:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
CommandanteApeshit

Or perhaps the bullying of a bull?

Lots of bull here. It scares me.
Old April 30th 08, 04:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Pat

On Apr 28, 3:52*pm, ComandanteBanana
wrote:
(This comment interprets horn blowing. My own interpretation is found
below.)

Horn Blowing: Interpreting the Message.

If someone honks a horn at you, the meaning is all in the duration. A
really brief "Bip!" means "Hi!" or "Bye!" A moderately short beep
means, "I just want you to realize I'm here." Somewhere between a
second and maybe two seconds means, "I'm here and I am annoyed at your
heedlessness." Over two seconds it means, "I'm ****ed off at you,
JERK!" Longer than three seconds it means, "I'm ****ed off at this
whole situation! And I am frustrated that I can't do anything more
effective than sit here and blow my horn. Boy am I
frustrated!" (Usually employed in traffic jams to make people around
you even more frustrated too.)

Repeated honks are either repetitions of the above (sorted by blast
duration) or monotone musical "Hellos" if done in cadence with known
tunes like "Shave and a haircut: two bits!" (Meant to be friendly.)

http://www.dahon.com/forum/index.php...0&gopid=37361&...

Like I said somewhere else: most of the time the vehicle's blowing the
horn is equivalent to the lion's roar...

"Hey, this is my territory and you better get lost --or else I eat
you!"

And guess what the monkey riding the bike said... "Yes, you can eat my
banana!"

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLEhttp://webspawner.com/users/donquijote

I've heard of people talking to themselves but not posting to
themselves. You need to adjust your meds or something. You've made
2/3 (11 of 17) of all posts in this thread with multiple cases in
which you respond to your own posts. Pretty unbelieveable.
Old April 30th 08, 05:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Don Whybrow

ComandanteBanana wrote:
As soon as the lion finds out that it's only a wimpy gazzelle...

Are you related to Eric Cantona by any chance?

--
Don Whybrow

Sequi Bonum Non Time

"My God! The thought of that evil man, loose in London--with
money, from God only knows what source--fomenting riot and
rebellion during a public emergency--and in control of an Engine-
driven press! It's nightmarish!" (Gibson-Sterling, "The
Difference Engine")
Old April 30th 08, 11:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
ComandanteBanana

On Apr 30, 10:41*am, CommandanteApe****
wrote:
You should never let the guard down in the jungle. But you should be
able to tell a threatening roar from a hesitant driver, though both
can be deadly.

Gotcha. *Fear is the mind-killer. *Keep killing that mind.

Yeah, but if a stupid driver kills the body, what's the point of
having a healthy mind. "Mens sana in corpore sano," said the Romans.

Or was it the Greeks?
Old April 30th 08, 11:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
ComandanteBanana

On Apr 30, 10:42*am, CommandanteApe****
wrote:
Or perhaps the bullying of a bull?

Lots of bull here. *It scares me.

You must be tough, CommandanteApe****, if you are not scare of cars or
horns. The bull would be a piece of cake.

But the horns are dangerous.
Old April 30th 08, 11:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

wrote:

[...]

which you respond to your own posts. *Pretty unbelieveable.- Hide quoted text -

Well, I'm chatting with my copycat, ComandanteApe****, about bull and
horns.

And what are doing here if you don't ride a bike and you hate cyclists?
Old April 30th 08, 11:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

On Apr 30, 12:07*pm, Don Whybrow wrote:
ComandanteBanana wrote:
As soon as the lion finds out that it's only a wimpy gazzelle...

Are you related to Eric Cantona by any chance?

Introduce me, please.
Old May 1st 08, 02:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Pat

wrote:

[...]

And what are doing here if you don't ride a bike and you hate cyclists?- Hide quoted text -

I guess the better question is: what are YOU doing here because you
don't have anything to do with urban planning.
Old May 1st 08, 01:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

wrote:

[...]

don't have anything to do with urban planning.- Hide quoted text -

That's one of the problems with living in the boondocks: Your brain
usually slows down until you get a sort of mental retardation. I call
it the "boondocks syndrome," and it manifests by either being
indifferent to the outside world, or making stupid comments about
something that you don't care about. For example, WHAT DO YOU CARE
ABOUT URBAN PLANNING IF YOU LIVE IN THE BOONDOCKS?

FYI, I propose BIKE FACILITIES, and those are part of urban planning.

The mouse that will roar William Asher Racing 0 January 9th 07 08:13 PM
You know it's blowing when ... Nick Kew UK 2 February 22nd 06 03:39 PM
Blowing the cobwebs off my MTB Ian B. UK 7 July 8th 05 12:36 AM
Blowing your nose Kenneth Clements UK 40 October 31st 03 01:46 PM
Rear Hub Bearing Roar S. Anderson General 2 October 22nd 03 12:10 PM