The Rules

Old December 4th 12, 05:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DirtRoadie

Default The Rules

On Dec 3, 9:52*pm, DirtRoadie wrote:
On Dec 3, 5:46*pm, James wrote:

http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/

--
JS.

Thanks for that.
See also:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQsOpTSzfOs
DR

Oops, wrong hemisphere. Try:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbEJfJlvp4E
DR
Old December 4th 12, 05:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

On Monday, December 3, 2012 10:23:56 PM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
On 12/3/2012 8:30 PM, datakoll wrote:

On Monday, December 3, 2012 9:18:11 PM UTC-5, datakoll wrote:

may we use deodorant ?

Rule #66// No mirrors.

Mirrors are allowed on your (aptly named) Surly Big Dummy or your Surly Long Haul Trucker. Not on your road steed. Not on your Mountain bike. Not on your helmet. If someone familiar with The Rules has sold you such an abomination, return the mirror and demand a refund, plus interest and damages.

RULE 67

mentioning Surly or LHT is stricktly forbidden, cause for terminal expulsion from all future events or celebrations

You read that slop farther down the page than I.

--

Andrew Muzi

www.yellowjersey.org/

Open every day since 1 April, 1971

ffffffffffffff

yeah I wuz going off there butbutbut A VELOMINUTEE DOESN'T NEED MIRRORS, a very old joke coming from Poojoe ...not VELOMINUTEE. Gotta seperate urself from ROADTRASH here right ?.

uh yeah I went off to work on Garmin sea charts procedure....there's a UTUBE ? of a yakker getting stuck on a sandbar ion the way to Rabbit Key T/S/D/Tide/available light....great fun. Gar continues Gar's tradition of hiding your work until you begin screaming.....YOU MOTHER ****ER SOB....then the file comes up.

Wen in the beginning I examined BM for relevant material there was

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&t...w=1152&bih=610

who offered the same flavor and orbit with actually reading GQ or whatever...

saTIRE ? divinity deleted your weather is excreble....I dunno JB...you must know a dozen.

Old December 4th 12, 05:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 12:13:01 AM UTC-5, datakoll wrote:
[...]

awwwwww

lookit what's hiding under the screen as I turn it off

http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com...MghDtAFKtvsAXg

then YAHOO delivers a photo of Zimmerman looking like traffic cop

hey goodnight
Old December 4th 12, 10:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
john B.

On Mon, 3 Dec 2012 20:30:13 -0800 (PST), Jay Beattie
wrote:

On Dec 3, 8:27*pm, Jay Beattie wrote:
On Dec 3, 7:23*pm, AMuzi wrote:

On 12/3/2012 8:30 PM, datakoll wrote:

On Monday, December 3, 2012 9:18:11 PM UTC-5, datakoll wrote:
may we use deodorant ?

Rule #66// No *mirrors.
Mirrors are allowed on your (aptly named) Surly Big Dummy or your Surly Long Haul Trucker. Not on your road steed. Not on your Mountain bike. Not on your helmet. If someone familiar with The Rules has sold you such an abomination, return the mirror and demand a refund, plus interest and damages.

RULE 67

mentioning Surly or LHT is stricktly forbidden, cause for terminal expulsion from all future events or celebrations

You read that slop farther down the page than I.

I think it is supposed to be satire, but

As I was saying, I agree with the rule that I am badass for riding in
bad weather, but then again, I do use fenders, so I'm not that
badass.

-- Jay Beattie.

Goodness, am I the only one that gets caught 30 Km from home and has
to ride back in the rain?

--
Cheers,
John B.
Old December 4th 12, 10:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
john B.

On Tue, 04 Dec 2012 11:46:29 +1100, James
wrote:

http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/

Everyone is arguing about the purple panties and here is the guy
saying that the tan lines ARE important. Vitally important! Necessary
to make a rule about them.
--
Cheers,
John B.
Old December 4th 12, 12:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

GNAW ITS HUMOR FROM DELIBERATELY HUMORLESS PEOPLE LIKE GREEN BERETS speaking tom the garden club

http://bicycling.com/blogs/sittingin...iss-style-man/

all the road is a stage
Old December 4th 12, 12:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

wrote:

http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/

Everyone is arguing about the purple panties and here is the guy

saying that the tan lines ARE important. Vitally important! Necessary

to make a rule about them.

--

Cheers,

John B.

ZZZZXXX

HOLY COW !

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&t...1152&bih= 610

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&t...w=1152&bih=610

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&t...w=1152&bih=610

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&t...w=1152&bih=610

The Official Rules of the Euro Cyclist

http://bicycling.com/blogs/sittingin...iss-style-man/
Old December 4th 12, 02:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

On Dec 3, 7:23 pm, AMuzi wrote:

On 12/3/2012 8:30 PM, datakoll wrote:

On Monday, December 3, 2012 9:18:11 PM UTC-5, datakoll wrote:
may we use deodorant ?

Rule #66// No mirrors.
Mirrors are allowed on your (aptly named) Surly Big Dummy or your Surly Long Haul Trucker. Not on your road steed. Not on your Mountain bike. Not on your helmet. If someone familiar with The Rules has sold you such an abomination, return the mirror and demand a refund, plus interest and damages.

RULE 67

mentioning Surly or LHT is stricktly forbidden, cause for terminal expulsion from all future events or celebrations

You read that slop farther down the page than I.

I think it is supposed to be satire, but

Presented as such, and amusing, as any good satire is, *because* of
the underlying truth.

I consider rules FWIW, their spirit and intent, how they may bear on
me, etc., but do not have my life dictated.
Old December 4th 12, 04:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jay Beattie

On Dec 3, 7:23 pm, AMuzi wrote:

[...]

Around here, we don't get caught in the rain . . . we go out in the
rain and come back in the rain. It's more like getting caught in the
dry. The pineapple express is moving through today -- wet and
warmish for December. I'm amazed by the number of bicyclists staying
on their bikes through the recent stormy weather -- and,this morning,
the number turning toward the hilly route in to town rather than the
flats/downhill. My legs were blasted from skiing on Sunday in deep
new snow, so I whimped and took the flat/downhill route. The bicycle
racks at work are busier than ever this time of year. I'm actually
hoping things thin out when it gets really cold. I like not having to
pick my way through cyclists.

And for Frank and Dan, I almost got whacked last night in my magical
new green lane when some car wheeled around me to the right at about
30-40 miles an hour, trying to carry enough speed to beat me through
the intersection. Right he
http://btaoregon.org/2012/06/guest-b...of-bicyclists/
I think the driver was actually using the markings to judge how fast
he had to go to just miss me, although he misjudged my speed, and it
turned in to a clear game of chicken. He didn't slow, and I decided
not to commit suicide.

The driver was some Bohemian guy with a beard, probably late for his
Yoga class. He was looking right at me as I jammed on my brakes to
avoid colliding with his front quarter panel/bumper. The aggressive
driver demographic is not just the butt-cracks in F150s -- it's now
punk Bohemians, some with those bicycle licence plates.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ujelang/3057751658/ Dig me, I'm a
bicyclist . . . in a car (an expensive one). Get out of my way.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old December 4th 12, 05:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane Hébert

On Dec 3, 7:23 pm, AMuzi wrote:

[...]

But that's the argument, isn't it. You shouldn't be on the right in the
green paint. You should have been in the center of the lane where the
guy doing 30-40mph was driving so you could prevent him from turning
into you. Ignore the fact that he saw you and tried intentionally to
cut you off. If you were in front of him he would have magically forgot
about being late for his yoga class or whatever and docilely sat in the
traffic behind you at 18-20 mph or whatever speed you were riding.

The driver was some Bohemian guy with a beard, probably late for his
Yoga class. He was looking right at me as I jammed on my brakes to
avoid colliding with his front quarter panel/bumper. The aggressive
driver demographic is not just the butt-cracks in F150s -- it's now
punk Bohemians, some with those bicycle licence plates.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ujelang/3057751658/ Dig me, I'm a
bicyclist . . . in a car (an expensive one). Get out of my way.

It would be convenient if all idiots drove a specific car to let you
know that they were idiots. Unfortunately, that's not the case. In
fact, my last near miss was with another cyclist (using the term
loosely) passing me on the right and trying to left hook me from behind.

UCI Rules Fred Flintstein Racing 0 January 29th 11 01:47 PM
Rules is Rules DirtRoadie Racing 7 July 28th 10 03:08 AM
TDF Rules Richard Bates UK 4 June 29th 04 10:28 PM
TTT rules Ewoud Dronkert Racing 7 June 28th 04 12:10 PM
UCI rules Clive George UK 14 June 24th 04 09:30 AM