The idée fixe of the anti-helmet zealots, the vehicular cyclists, etc

Old December 16th 13, 10:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
davethedave[_2_]

Default The idée fixe of the anti-helmet zealots,the vehicular cyclists, etc

On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 13:26:35 -0800, Andre Jute wrote:

On Monday, December 16, 2013 9:12:54 PM UTC, davethedave wrote:
On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 13:04:32 -0800, Andre Jute wrote:

Since when do you tell me what I can and cannot say, Scharfie? Just
who

do you think you are?

fetches popcorn, gets comfy

Scharfie's a sideshow, Dave.

No. He is "TORCHY BOY!!!"

You are side show Jute AICMFP.

Now dance for me! Bee-ach!

--
davethedave
Old December 16th 13, 10:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

O-O-O-Otto, you owe me a p-p-p-p-pound!

--
JS
Old December 16th 13, 10:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jay Beattie

On Monday, December 16, 2013 1:26:35 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
On Monday, December 16, 2013 9:12:54 PM UTC, davethedave wrote:

On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 13:04:32 -0800, Andre Jute wrote:

Since when do you tell me what I can and cannot say, Scharfie? Just who

do you think you are?

fetches popcorn, gets comfy

--

davethedave

Scharfie's a sideshow, Dave.

We're all sideshows. About 5% of the posts (even excluding the whacko cross-postings) is about bike tech. We should just re-name the group "rec.oldcurmudgeonswhosometimesdiscussthingsrelati ngtobicycles.tech."

-- Jay Beattie.

Old December 16th 13, 11:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 12/16/2013 2:47 PM, Jay Beattie wrote:

We're all sideshows. About 5% of the posts (even excluding the whacko cross-postings) is about bike tech. We should just re-name the group "rec.oldcurmudgeonswhosometimesdiscussthingsrelati ngtobicycles.tech."

Who you callin' old?

Old December 16th 13, 11:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_4_]

James wrote:
On 17/12/13 08:12, davethedave wrote:
On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 13:04:32 -0800, Andre Jute wrote:

Since when do you tell me what I can and cannot say, Scharfie? Just who
do you think you are?

fetches popcorn, gets comfy

right clicks newsgroup and clicks "Mark Newsgroup Read" and wishes the
cross posting ******s would bugger off

Yeah I'm tired of adding Eddie Haskell and friends to the kill file. Just
logged in with 50 odd new messages and a dozen after the filter. WTF is
the point of that? Don't we have enough of our own?

--
duane
Old December 17th 13, 12:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 12/16/2013 3:51 PM, Duane wrote:

snip

Yeah I'm tired of adding Eddie Haskell and friends to the kill file. Just
logged in with 50 odd new messages and a dozen after the filter. WTF is
the point of that? Don't we have enough of our own?

The filters work pretty well for the cross-posters and trolls. I only
have to add one or two new filters per week. Currently at only 43
filters. I've seen groups that are far worse than r.b.t., requiring
hundreds of filter entries.

Old December 17th 13, 12:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_4_]

sms wrote:
On 12/16/2013 3:51 PM, Duane wrote:

snip

Yeah I'm tired of adding Eddie Haskell and friends to the kill file. Just
logged in with 50 odd new messages and a dozen after the filter. WTF is
the point of that? Don't we have enough of our own?

The filters work pretty well for the cross-posters and trolls. I only
have to add one or two new filters per week. Currently at only 43
filters. I've seen groups that are far worse than r.b.t., requiring
hundreds of filter entries.

On my phone I use News Tap Lite so I can filter posters but I don't see how
to filter based on groups like alt.icanthelpbeingadickhead. So yeah I'm
getting a large kill file.
--
duane
Old December 17th 13, 02:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 14:00:33 -0800, Joe Riel wrote:

James writes:

On 17/12/13 08:12, davethedave wrote:
On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 13:04:32 -0800, Andre Jute wrote:

Since when do you tell me what I can and cannot say, Scharfie? Just who
do you think you are?

fetches popcorn, gets comfy

Don't forget the helmet. This could get serious.

right clicks newsgroup and clicks "Mark Newsgroup Read" and wishes
the cross posting ******s would bugger off

You've got the right. Fortunately I configured my news reader (gnus)
to reject all posts with alt.* in the distribution. I thought
the cross-posting would eventually die out, but it hasn't.

Forte Agent newsreader has a feature where messages cross posted over
a settable number of newsgroups, are automagically deleted or marked
read. I have mine set to 4 or more newsgroups and find that it works
quite well at removing the junk cross postings.
http://www.forteinc.com/agent/faq.php#BAF8BFCB74FE9B17852571C0000D3065

Let the blustering, name calling, insults, character assasination,
chest pounding, foaming at the mouth, foot stomping, and fire belching
begin.
https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=anger
--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old December 17th 13, 09:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default An entire thread of old guys discussing filtering out other old guys

This is an entire thread of old guys discussing filtering out other old guys. Soon there will be no one left on RBT who knows what a bicycle is. My spot is reserved on a forum where knowledgeable and interesting cyclists courteously illuminate a wide range of cycling matters, including daily a better class of tech than we've seen on RBT since Sheldon and Jobst moved on. What arrangements have you made?

Andre Jute

On Monday, December 16, 2013 11:51:27 PM UTC, Duane wrote:
Jay Beattie wrote:

On Monday, December 16, 2013 1:26:35 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:

On Monday, December 16, 2013 9:12:54 PM UTC, davethedave wrote:

On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 13:04:32 -0800, Andre Jute wrote:

Since when do you tell me what I can and cannot say, Scharfie? Just who
do you think you are?

fetches popcorn, gets comfy

Scharfie's a sideshow, Dave.

We're all sideshows. About 5% of the posts (even excluding the whacko

cross-postings) is about bike tech. We should just re-name the group

"rec.oldcurmudgeonswhosometimesdiscussthingsrelati ngtobicycles.tech."

+1

Krygo lashes out at insufficiently gung-ho anti-helmet zealots Andre Jute[_2_] Rides 0 August 31st 10 01:21 AM
The most common errors by the Anti-Helmet Zealots about the New Yorkstudy of bicycling fatalities and serious injuries Andre Jute[_2_] General 1 August 27th 10 12:06 AM
anti-helmet video? Mike Jacoubowsky Techniques 15 October 27th 09 11:56 PM
WTB: fixe' Fraz Marketplace 0 October 13th 08 11:39 PM
idee fixe davek UK 8 May 13th 05 08:27 AM