Boyer is 50 miles back

Old June 13th 06, 03:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Boyer is 50 miles back

Now that the warmup is over (first 500 miles is called the warmup),
Boyer seems to be trailing the leader by about 50 miles in the Enduro
division. Going through the Navajo Reservataion he was seen talking to a
very young Navajo squaw, when his support car came up and said, "what the
fu*k are you doing?" He replied in French, which made that two violations
of his probation, but no police were present, so he remounted and started
riding cursing in the prohibted French tongue.

The Enduro division (sleep required) is moving quicker than the
Traditional (no sleep) division, but we'll have to see if that will hold.
It could be, because there are better riders in the Enduro. Tinker seems to
be shadowing "Jock", but he may have picked the wrong horse to follow as he
is in fourth place, as of Arizona.

Old June 13th 06, 06:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 02:20:41 GMT, "Callistus Valerius"
wrote:

Now that the warmup is over (first 500 miles is called the warmup),
Boyer seems to be trailing the leader by about 50 miles in the Enduro
division. Going through the Navajo Reservataion he was seen talking to a
very young Navajo squaw, when his support car came up and said, "what the
fu*k are you doing?" He replied in French, which made that two violations
of his probation, but no police were present, so he remounted and started
riding cursing in the prohibted French tongue.

The Enduro division (sleep required) is moving quicker than the
Traditional (no sleep) division, but we'll have to see if that will hold.
It could be, because there are better riders in the Enduro. Tinker seems to
be shadowing "Jock", but he may have picked the wrong horse to follow as he
is in fourth place, as of Arizona.

Tinker is not entirely human and at some point his supernatural character will
emerge and he will devour the field.

I'd say I've raced against him, but I haven't, I've been on the same course at
the same time. He's a mutant who will do to endurance road racing what he did to
12 & 24 hour mountain bike racing.

Ron

Old June 13th 06, 08:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

RonSonic wrote:
Tinker is not entirely human and at some point his supernatural character will
emerge and he will devour the field.

I'd say I've raced against him, but I haven't, I've been on the same course at
the same time. He's a mutant who will do to endurance road racing what he did to
12 & 24 hour mountain bike racing.

Attack of the mutant freds ?

Old June 13th 06, 09:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

RonSonic wrote:

Tinker is not entirely human and at some point his supernatural character will
emerge and he will devour the field.

Dumbass -

It will be much more appropriate if the Convicted Child Molestor wins
FRed Across AMerica.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Old June 13th 06, 03:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

It will be much more appropriate if the Convicted Child Molestor wins
FRed Across AMerica.

He already did.

Old June 13th 06, 06:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"Callistus Valerius" wrote in message
nk.net...
Now that the warmup is over (first 500 miles is called the warmup),
Boyer seems to be trailing the leader by about 50 miles in the Enduro
division. Going through the Navajo Reservataion he was seen talking to a
very young Navajo squaw, when his support car came up and said, "what the
fu*k are you doing?" He replied in French, which made that two violations
of his probation, but no police were present, so he remounted and started
riding cursing in the prohibted French tongue.

The Enduro division (sleep required) is moving quicker than the
Traditional (no sleep) division, but we'll have to see if that will hold.
It could be, because there are better riders in the Enduro. Tinker seems
be shadowing "Jock", but he may have picked the wrong horse to follow as
he
is in fourth place, as of Arizona.

Actually the Enduro event is becoming an interesting race.
http://stats.raceacrossamerica.org/2.../overview.html

Old June 13th 06, 11:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

B. Lafferty wrote:
Actually the Enduro event is becoming an interesting race.
http://stats.raceacrossamerica.org/2.../overview.html

Yup... almost makes RAAM fun to follow. Looks like Boyer could be the
virtual leader considering that he is 2hrs back but has 3 extra hours
off the bike.

Old June 14th 06, 01:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"Ron Ruff" wrote in message
oups.com...

B. Lafferty wrote:
Actually the Enduro event is becoming an interesting race.
http://stats.raceacrossamerica.org/2.../overview.html

Yup... almost makes RAAM fun to follow. Looks like Boyer could be the
virtual leader considering that he is 2hrs back but has 3 extra hours
off the bike.

It may wind up with Boyer riding significantly faster than Robic once the
time off the bike is factored in. The last 1000 miles should be a fun show.

Old June 14th 06, 03:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Actually the Enduro event is becoming an interesting race.
http://stats.raceacrossamerica.org/2.../overview.html

Yup... almost makes RAAM fun to follow. Looks like Boyer could be the
virtual leader considering that he is 2hrs back but has 3 extra hours
off the bike.

It may wind up with Boyer riding significantly faster than Robic once the
time off the bike is factored in. The last 1000 miles should be a fun

show.

If you figure that Boyer has taken more of the required pit stop time, I
figure Boyer is still a virtual 15 miles behind Robic (at the 815 mile
mark).

Old June 14th 06, 11:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Callistus Valerius wrote:
If you figure that Boyer has taken more of the required pit stop time, I
figure Boyer is still a virtual 15 miles behind Robic (at the 815 mile
mark).

If I'm reading this right, then:

@815.3 miles

Rider____Avg Riding Speed

Boyer____19.91
Robic____19.25
Juarez____19.05
Baloh____18.54
Souza____17.46

Boyer has taken 11:24 in pitstops vs less than 8hrs for both Baloh and
Rubic. Baloh and Rubic are slightly under schedule for stops and Boyer
is way over... so it is kinda tough to compare them. If they will all
eventually have the same pitstop time, then Boyer is ahead. I think
they'd be fastest by sticking to their allowed time off the bike, but
Boyer's tactic may be to sleep more than his alotted 4hrs per day the
whole way, and make it up by riding faster. If I recall correctly, he
slept ~6hrs per day when he won before. If he needs to though, he will
probably forego the extra sleep towards the end.

I like the new enduro category, but I think it would be a better if
they had all the riders stop for 8hrs at the same time every night.
Then they'd get a decent amount of sleep, and it would be easy to tell
who was leading. It would also be more of an ultra endurance *race*,
and less of a sleep deprivation freak show... easier on the crew, too.