PING the az super go guy

Old September 16th 03, 06:32 AM
John Morgan

Default PING the az super go guy

Center without first saying that you want to spend alot of $$$. Try going
up
to a supergo employee and asking about the best fork sus PSI levels are

for
certain terrain types.

Ok don't take this as me defending Supergo or anything, but how can you
expect to walk into any bike shop and ask a salesman "I have FORK X, what
are the best PSI levels for TERRAIN TYPES A, B, and C?"

Please.

I can understand if you asked them what an average PSI setting might be, but
there are too many variables involved to tell you specifics like that.
That's why you need to RTFM and experiment with trial and error for the fork
you have. Hey, do you have the number to Orange Cycle? I think I'll give
them a call and ask that question and see what response I get.

-John Morgan

Old September 16th 03, 06:40 AM
John Morgan

I think we're a lot like any small bike shop,
really. Some people get overlooked because the store is so busy, but it
seems more likely you'd get offended because our sales people won't

leave
you alone.

??? I cant agree with that

I can't come up with any other explaination why 75% of the people I approach
on the sales floor tell me they don't need any help when I ask them. I hear
"No, I'm just looking" a hundred times a day. The truth is, our store tends
to attract a lot of the wrong type of customer... who really don't want
customer service. All they want is to find what they are looking for at the
cheapest possible price. Sorry if you've had another experience... I've
never been to any other Supergo but my own.

-John Morgan

Old September 16th 03, 08:08 AM
Greg P.

"John Morgan" wrote in message
| Ok don't take this as me defending Supergo or anything, but how can you
| expect to walk into any bike shop and ask a salesman "I have FORK X, what
| are the best PSI levels for TERRAIN TYPES A, B, and C?"

You are correct. I used a ****ty, exaggerated example, but I'm sure that the
intention was not lost?! =(

I'm just whining as I had a bad experience at supergo recently. The floor
pumps were housed inside some display setup (that was impossible to get
past). I took me like 15 minutes to find a guy to ask "Can you please
retrieve any one of those pumps that is presto-Schrader compliant?". He just
keeps walking and points to the pumps. I try to reach over to grab the damn
things and knock down half the computers on a rack. I lift the stupid
display and drop a fox fork shock on display near it, getting angry glances
from all the workers. It took me another 10 minutes to find an employee that
actually stopped (for a full 3 seconds!!!) that told someone behind a
counter to get the pump for me. That person took forever, etc, etc, etc.

BUT, when I was looking at the new $3000+ mtb's at the rear I had people
there on my like flies on ****. I had barely touched a tread's nipple when I
had a guy asking "What size would you like?" and a (nicer) lady asking me
"what is my price range?".

Yes, I understand the might dollar rules the service expectations, but they
could be a bit more helpful. As most here do, I just rely mostly on LBS's
for products that I am not entirely familiar with (or just want the added
service) regardless of the price increase.

Oh, as for your comment on me reading the manual for the shock adjustments,
my bike did not come with one as it was fitted with it (as a custom mod) a
couple of years prior to my purchase. Yes, the dealer should have retained
the damn manual, but I also could not find a version for download at the
manufacturer's site either =(

Old September 16th 03, 08:08 AM
Sorni

"Greg P." wrote in message
ink.net...

Side note: I wanted to know if anyone has every had this problem before. I
was riding behind a stranger (not partner) pansy road biker on a close

trail
near me. The entire time I'm drafting (yes, I'm an ass), he's passing gas.
And not like "toot" "toot", I mean full throttle machine gun farts for

like
10 minutes.

Next time pass the gas-passer.

Bill "I'd use it as incentive" S.

Old September 16th 03, 12:12 PM
Stephen Baker

Greg P says:

The entire time I'm drafting (yes, I'm an ass), he's passing gas.
And not like "toot" "toot", I mean full throttle machine gun farts for
like
10 minutes.

He was trying to tell you something - and had the guts to provide the message.
;-)

Steve

Old September 16th 03, 03:10 PM
Shaun Rimmer

I think we're a lot like any small bike shop,
really. Some people get overlooked because the store is so busy, but

it
seems more likely you'd get offended because our sales people won't

leave
you alone.

??? I cant agree with that

I can't come up with any other explaination why 75% of the people I

approach
on the sales floor tell me they don't need any help when I ask them. I

hear
"No, I'm just looking" a hundred times a day.

I'd likely be one of those - I find it intensely irritating to be patronised
that way. If I would like the help of a member of the shop's staff, then I
have a mind, a voice and a will, and am perfectly capable of speaking up and
asking for said help myself.

Shaun aRe

Old September 16th 03, 05:00 PM
John Morgan

You are correct. I used a ****ty, exaggerated example, but I'm sure that
the
intention was not lost?! =(

I'm just whining as I had a bad experience at supergo recently.

Yeah, it's okay. =)

I can understand your situation, so no worries... but like Shaun and Monique
mentioned, if you need help give the "expectant" face like you have a
question... if it's busy you will need to stop somebody and ask for some
help. If every salesperson is selling a bike when you need help, you might
have to wait until someone is freed up, or ask a manager, there is usually
one of them up front doing manager stuff.

Good luck.

-John Morgan