Interesting Observation about Mike V. and Terri A.

Old September 22nd 03, 05:03 AM
Agent of Freedom

Default Interesting Observation about Mike V. and Terri A.

Notice how both of our favorite radically fundamental environmentalists
disappeared from this group during a recent outbreak of domestic terrorism
attributed to ELF (Earth Liberation Front) in CA, then show back up here after
things have calmed down?

One has to wonder if they can account for their whereabouts on the dates and
times when these domestic terroristic acts were perpetrated...
Old September 22nd 03, 06:36 PM
Michael Paul

"Agent of Freedom" wrote in message
Notice how both of our favorite radically fundamental environmentalists
disappeared from this group during a recent outbreak of domestic terrorism
attributed to ELF (Earth Liberation Front) in CA, then show back up here

after
things have calmed down?

One has to wonder if they can account for their whereabouts on the dates

and
times when these domestic terroristic acts were perpetrated...

The funny thing is that by producing the acts of eco-terrorism to "protect"
the environment, they are merely causing more damage than if htey simply
stayed at home. The condominium complex that was burned in San Diego is
still going to be built so all that really happened is that the eco-nuts
simply damaged good lumber. So now, more trees and other natural resources
will have to be wasted simply to rebuild what was destroyed.

Add to that, the fact that all of htese eco-nuts actually are protesting new
homes being built yet they left their own home under the cover of night to
go torch other homes. Sort of like a big old billboard advertising
Hypocrisy!

Michael

Old September 24th 03, 02:04 PM
Shaun Rimmer

Hey dum****s, there _aren't_ any - give it up already.

Shaun aRe - It's a dull as watching skin form on custard.

Old September 25th 03, 01:20 AM
Agent of Freedom

From: "Shaun Rimmer"

Hey dum****s, there _aren't_ any - give it up already.

The only dumb ****s around here are the MTB'ers who remain in denial, and
ignore the environmentalist whack jobs until said group sets the crosshairs on
their local trails.

Being proactive in keeping trails open, and exposing the Mike V's and Terri A's
as the frauds they truly are, is much easier than trying to get the disastrous
results of their work reversed.

Of course, trying to keep the MTB'ers from fighting amongst themselves is often
tough enough. In my local area, a trail advocacy and maintenance group (with
membership open to any person who wishes to join) has to keep wasting time and
money in replacing trail markers because other MTB'ers are constantly
vandalizing or removing them. The group of yet-to-be-caught idiots responsible
for the destruction doesn't realize that if it wasn't for the
advocacy/maintenance group, which is the only special interest user group
officially recognized by the county (who owns the park), the facility would
have been closed to bikers years ago.

The key to it happening was through a proactive approach, and beating the
hikers to the punch in making the voices of MTB'ers heard.

As a result, we have a stable, mapped facility open to mountain biking, legal
and properly maintained multi-use trails that aren't "dumbed down," and a
certified NMBP crew who patrols the park to keep an eye out for users in need
of assistance.

It's hard to believe anyone would view that as bad... but when someone shows
up and calls other MTB'ers dumb ****s because they'd rather stick their head in
the sand than neutralize the environmentalist nut cases, I guess we shouldn't
be surprised...
Old September 25th 03, 02:48 AM
BB

On 25 Sep 2003 00:20:15 GMT, Agent of Freedom wrote:

The only dumb ****s around here are the MTB'ers who remain in denial, and
ignore the environmentalist whack jobs until said group sets the crosshairs on
their local trails.

How many trails has the "environmental whack job" personally been
responsible for closing in all his years of "fighting"? Zilch. The most he
can come up with is that he spoke up at a town meeting.

"Know your enemy", as they say. In this case, our "enemy" is the
environmental Homer Simpson. There are pseudo-environmental activists that
are a reason to worry; he's just not one of them. Any time spent with him
is time wasted.

--
-BB-
To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)
Old September 25th 03, 12:11 PM
Shaun Rimmer

From: BB

How many trails has the "environmental whack job" personally been
responsible for closing in all his years of "fighting"? Zilch. The most

he
can come up with is that he spoke up at a town meeting.

If you start to include things such as a recent issue of 'Backpacking'

magazine
carrying his views in print, or the fact that people who agree with him

(such
as Terri) taking a much more active role in trail closures, one can begin

see the effects he may begin to have.

I will agree he is definitely on the "lunatic fringe" of environmental

views,
but I also wouldn't dismiss him as being totally irrelevant when it comes

getting trails closed. In a case such as Backpacking picking up his

static
(kind of ironic, since the publisher for Backpacking is Rodale Press, the

same
folks who put out Bicycling and Mountain Bike magazines), all it takes is

handful of impressionable readers who buy into his distorted views, and

it's
likely to cause trouble in someone's area as far as trail access goes.

Focusing on local access, while keeping an eye on the extremist views on a
larger scale will help insure those on the fringe stay there, and don't

dictate
the access terms for the majority...

Total ******** - my head ain't in the sand but yours is certainly up your
arse. MV has done more to discredit his own cause than anything, and that's
all he's good for.

EOFS.

Shaun aRe