Beanie under a helmet

Old May 31st 08, 01:38 AM posted to aus.bicycle
David Springthorpe[_3_]

Default Beanie under a helmet

On Fri, 30 May 2008 04:03:30 -0700 (PDT), BT Humble
wrote:

That's bloody inflation for you! Whatever happened to the good old $2 store???

Is that the one that used to sell one-cent lollies?

In 200 lots ?
Old June 1st 08, 05:58 AM posted to aus.bicycle
PeteSig[_2_]

"BT Humble" wrote:
David Springthorpe wrote:

That's bloody inflation for you! Whatever happened to the good old $2
store???

Is that the one that used to sell one-cent lollies?

Don't you mean '5 for a cent' lollies? Eeeh, back in my day!!

--
Cheers
Peter

~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

Old June 2nd 08, 12:18 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Adam F[_5_]

Aeek wrote:
On Tue, 27 May 2008 12:34:12 GMT, Halcyon
wrote:

Joseph wrote:
Hello
Can anyone tell me where to buy a beanie (brand name perhaps) that fits OK
under a bike helmet?
Any online stores? I am thinking of using it in the ACT.
Joseph

Ground Effect (Google it) make one for going under helmets.
Halcyon

which I wear, in the ACT. Works so well that I got a second one for
easy washing. I can recommend their winter marino socks too.

Blimey - haven't had this problem. My head is the last thing to get
cold on these chilly 'berra morns - circulation goes there first

Fingers and toes, on the other hand...not so good. Still looking for a
serious glove solution (I mean more serious than icebreaker merino
liners under ski gloves!)- anyone?

--
//Adam F
Old June 2nd 08, 02:34 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Aeek

On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 21:18:10 +1000, Adam F wrote:

Fingers and toes, on the other hand...not so good. Still looking for a
serious glove solution (I mean more serious than icebreaker merino
liners under ski gloves!)- anyone?

Roekl winter gloves, Rideshop have them.
Warm and I still have fingers!
Old June 2nd 08, 09:44 PM posted to aus.bicycle
G-S

Adam F wrote:

Fingers and toes, on the other hand...not so good. Still looking for a
serious glove solution (I mean more serious than icebreaker merino
liners under ski gloves!)- anyone?

Battery powered electric heated gloves and vest, the battery sits in the
vest. You can also get electric shoe inserts.

G-S

Old June 2nd 08, 10:28 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Adam F[_5_]

G-S wrote:
Adam F wrote:

Fingers and toes, on the other hand...not so good. Still looking for a
serious glove solution (I mean more serious than icebreaker merino
liners under ski gloves!)- anyone?

Battery powered electric heated gloves and vest, the battery sits in the
vest. You can also get electric shoe inserts.

G-S

Know a source?
Found some gauntlets which take D Cells on ebay but they're too bulky
(for motorbiking I guess)....

Cheers,

--
//Adam F
Old June 2nd 08, 10:28 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Adam F[_5_]

Aeek wrote:
On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 21:18:10 +1000, Adam F wrote:

Fingers and toes, on the other hand...not so good. Still looking for a
serious glove solution (I mean more serious than icebreaker merino
liners under ski gloves!)- anyone?

Roekl winter gloves, Rideshop have them.
Warm and I still have fingers!

Hmm will check them out, cheers.

--
//Adam F
Old June 2nd 08, 11:29 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Tue, 03 Jun 2008 07:28:17 +1000
Adam F wrote:
Know a source?
Found some gauntlets which take D Cells on ebay but they're too bulky
(for motorbiking I guess)....

Do it the other way.. heated grips!

http://webmaster10.com/ldr/DIY-heated-grips.html

Zebee
Old June 3rd 08, 10:02 AM posted to aus.bicycle
G-S

Adam F wrote:
G-S wrote:
Adam F wrote:

Fingers and toes, on the other hand...not so good. Still looking for
a serious glove solution (I mean more serious than icebreaker merino
liners under ski gloves!)- anyone?

Battery powered electric heated gloves and vest, the battery sits in
the vest. You can also get electric shoe inserts.

G-S

Know a source?
Found some gauntlets which take D Cells on ebay but they're too bulky
(for motorbiking I guess)....

Jett rechargable battery heat vest pack link... they work well I've got
one. Still looking for some compact gloves and shoe inserts without
lead wires though.

http://store1950.storeserver-2.com/s...m110.inetstore

G-S
Old June 3rd 08, 07:43 PM posted to aus.bicycle
::dom::[_63_]

Nike make a thin coolMax beanie... have you looked at a 'Buff'
(http://www.buff.com.au)

--
::dom::