Beanie under a helmet

Old June 4th 08, 08:05 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_681_]

Default Beanie under a helmet

::dom:: Wrote:
Nike make a thin coolMax beanie... have you looked at a 'Buff'
(http://www.buff.com.au)

Aldi had a veritable truckload of thinsulate headwarmers type things
last week, maybe check if there's some left in the bins?

--
cfsmtb

Old June 4th 08, 08:48 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Rob

cfsmtb wrote:
::dom:: Wrote:
Nike make a thin coolMax beanie... have you looked at a 'Buff'
(http://www.buff.com.au)

Aldi had a veritable truckload of thinsulate headwarmers type things
last week, maybe check if there's some left in the bins?

Yes did mention that last week and they were good quality plus the
gloves were very suitable as well. (For anyone that did take notice.)

Old June 15th 08, 04:53 AM posted to aus.bicycle
PeteSig[_2_]

"Rob" wrote:
cfsmtb wrote:
::dom:: Wrote:
Nike make a thin coolMax beanie... have you looked at a 'Buff'
(http://www.buff.com.au)

Aldi had a veritable truckload of thinsulate headwarmers type things
last week, maybe check if there's some left in the bins?

Yes did mention that last week and they were good quality plus the gloves
were very suitable as well. (For anyone that did take notice.)

Netti do a nice under-helmet beanie made from Super Roubbaix lycra
http://www.phantomcycles.com.au/prod...cat=213&page=1

It's elastic and very snug fitting. I find that when the temp rises above 5
degrees it's too warm, and it has kept me warm in temps down to -2 or -3
dergrees.

--
Cheers
Peter

~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

Old June 15th 08, 07:05 AM posted to aus.bicycle
20cents

In article ,
"PeteSig" wrote:

"Rob" wrote:
cfsmtb wrote:
::dom:: Wrote:
Nike make a thin coolMax beanie... have you looked at a 'Buff'
(http://www.buff.com.au)

Aldi had a veritable truckload of thinsulate headwarmers type things
last week, maybe check if there's some left in the bins?

Yes did mention that last week and they were good quality plus the gloves
were very suitable as well. (For anyone that did take notice.)

Netti do a nice under-helmet beanie made from Super Roubbaix lycra
http://www.phantomcycles.com.au/prod...cat=213&page=1

It's elastic and very snug fitting. I find that when the temp rises above 5
degrees it's too warm, and it has kept me warm in temps down to -2 or -3
dergrees.

I assume their weight estimate is rounded up to the next 500 grams.
Not sure I would like it if it really weighed that much - would feel a
bit like Ollie Cromwell's roundheads.

For real lightweight headgear I use a 100% silk balaclava that I
purchased from the motorcycle shop (Elizabeth St, Sydney). Nice and warm
and takes up no room (almost). Like Peter's beanie, it was quite cheap
($13.95) a couple of years ago.

cheers,
20cents
Old June 16th 08, 12:58 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Plodder

"PeteSig" wrote in message

"Rob" wrote:
cfsmtb wrote:
::dom:: Wrote:
[...]

Bellwether does one too - ask your LBS to order from Cassons:
http://www.cassons.com.au/images/pro...kull%20Cap.pdf I like
it more than the Netti; thinner, so it's more comfortable and it's as warm.

Cheers,

Frank