New KH rim vs old KH rim?

Old March 22nd 07, 08:33 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

Default New KH rim vs old KH rim?

Evan Byrne wrote:
Fyi, If you are looking for rim options look into bike rims, there are
more options.

Ok supplie me to a link to the strongest, aforderble and still wide
bike rim

--
thejdw

dunawan wrote:
why are koxx one unicycles so costly???
forrestunifreak wrote:
They are expensive because they use only the finest soft drink cans.

2 unispins landed!
don't follow Jesus, follow me!

thejdw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13230

Old March 22nd 07, 08:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
feel the light

All the bike rims I have seen are 24 or 32 spokes. Uni's are 36 or 48.
Do you have a link to a compatable bike rim ?

--
feel the light
feel the light's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14551

Old March 22nd 07, 08:58 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mornish

feel the light wrote:
All the bike rims I have seen are 24 or 32 spokes. Uni's are 36 or 48.
Do you have a link to a compatable bike rim ?

its possible to lace 32 and 48 hole rims to 36 hole hubs, just
difficult.

--
mornish

aim:kiloornish
email: mornish AT gmail DOT com

abbabibble wrote:
don't look at me. i'm just a sheep. BAAAAH.

Old March 22nd 07, 09:02 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Smilymarco

a V!Z rim would fit

in my opinion the KH is stronger than the V!Z though
i rode a V!Z before my KH and the V!Z bend pretty fast but remained
rideable a long time, my KH is still in 98% perfect condition (when i
true it it will be 100% again) and i took it off some big sets and (ask
Roger or Roland or everybody else who saw me riding haha) my landings
are always pretty hard to the unis. i bend rims very fast.

--
Smilymarco

'Municycle.com' (http://www.municycle.com)

amanda.gallacher wrote:
i thought you couldnt even unicycle

Brian MacKenzie wrote:

DustinSchaap wrote:
Mmm, then why did Amanda tell me I smelled?

Maybe she wanted you to buy her a drink?

Smilymarco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4110

Old March 23rd 07, 12:05 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
silentspoon

feel the light wrote:
All the bike rims I have seen are 24 or 32 spokes. Uni's are 36 or 48.
Do you have a link to a compatable bike rim ?

Compatable bike rim? I don't understand what you are asking. What are
you trying to accomplish?

There are -plenty -of rims available with 36 and 48 holes. In fact,
most tandems use 48 hole rims... but, where does this get you?

I'm confused.

--
silentspoon
silentspoon's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14542

Old March 23rd 07, 01:40 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skianduniaddict

mornish wrote:
its possible to lace 32 and 48 hole rims to 36 hole hubs, just
difficult.

darn it miles stop being so smart

--
skianduniaddict

unifreak7 wrote:
IT makes me mad how skianduniaddict is so much better than me at
street.
-Shaun JOhanneson

unifreak7 wrote:
skianduniaddict kicks my ass at street
-Shaun JOhanneson

skianduniaddict's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11868

Old March 23rd 07, 03:41 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Evan Byrne

Viz, Zhi, Tryall, Monty, Echo, Bt, Onza.

(echo and bt are 32h though. I hear all you need to do is skip a spoke
hole on the hub every 8 holes and you can lace 36/32)

--
Evan Byrne
Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

Old March 23rd 07, 03:51 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Evan Byrne

Oh yeah, and revell.

Old March 23rd 07, 04:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
feel the light

http://tinyurl.com/2dzlrj

Ok, I didn't think to look at trials bike shops.