Heads Up: 30% of Ortleib Gear (panniers/bags/handbar bags) in Sydney

Old January 22nd 04, 08:31 AM
kingsley

Default Heads Up: 30% of Ortleib Gear (panniers/bags/handbar bags) in Sydney

Was in "Activ8"(?) today (Opposite Paddy Pallin, Kent St, Sydney)

All their Ortlieb gear is at 30% off, including a good selection of
dry bags, panniers, handlebar bags, and other stuff.

They also have other Bicycle gear like MTB shorts etc. I don't
remember if these were on sale or not.

They have a Birdy decked out with full panniers atop their stairs,
it looks pretty cool.

-kt

PS I'm not sure about the name of the place, I thought it was
Activ8 - but I looked that up in the white pages and got no listing,
so I don't know what's going on. Might go check tomorrow.

--
Kingsley Turner,
(mailto: )

Old January 22nd 04, 08:49 AM
Andrew Swan

kingsley wrote:
Was in "Activ8"(?) today (Opposite Paddy Pallin, Kent St, Sydney)

All their Ortlieb gear is at 30% off, including a good selection of
dry bags, panniers, handlebar bags, and other stuff.

They also have other Bicycle gear like MTB shorts etc. I don't
remember if these were on sale or not.

They have a Birdy decked out with full panniers atop their stairs,
it looks pretty cool.

-kt

PS I'm not sure about the name of the place, I thought it was
Activ8 - but I looked that up in the white pages and got no listing,
so I don't know what's going on. Might go check tomorrow.

There's an Aktiv8 on Oxford St in Bondi Junction that sells that kind of
gear as well - not sure if it's on sale tho.

&roo

Old January 26th 04, 11:51 AM
waffle

australian sporting goods retailer reduces retail price by 30%. I gues
that means it's still 30-50% more expensive than buying the same stuf
from a US online retailer. Anyway, that's beside the point - we'r
talking Ortlieb here - nice product but prohibitively expensive

-

Old January 27th 04, 08:40 AM

"waffle" == waffle writes:

waffle australian sporting goods retailer reduces retail price by
waffle 30%. I guess that means it's still 30-50% more expensive
waffle than buying the same stuff from a US online
waffle retailer. Anyway, that's beside the point - we're talking
waffle Ortlieb here - nice product but prohibitively expensive.

Depends on your usage. I use mine every working day, to get anything
less durable or less water proof just wouldn't make any sense.

--
Cheers
Euan

waffle --