New Muni Film Trailer

Old August 8th 05, 09:46 PM
fcwegnm0b

Default New Muni Film Trailer

I was really impressed with that trailer, all around. I'll reiterate
that the filming was superb, the editing and choice of music was very
tasteful and appropriate. The riding... I could hear my muni calling me
from the basement..

Dave

--
fcwegnm0b - HammerTron

"So the nurse was telling me about what you did to your ankle... and I
all got was 'unicycle', 'mountain', and 'filming'"
fcwegnm0b's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8357

Old August 8th 05, 09:58 PM
andrew_carter

Awesome guys! Some really nice filming techniques in there, muni is
tough to film but I think you've captured the steepness and technicality
really well. I really need to come and ride with you guys...looks like
great fun.

Andrew

--
andrew_carter - Learning to unicycle...

*http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/andrew*
unicycling tips and tutorials - http://www.unicycle.2ya.com
*'my big movies' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/bigmovies)*
___________
WE WORK ON A CONTINGENCY BASIS*?*
NO*,* MONEY DOWN*!*

Old August 8th 05, 10:54 PM
john_childs

joemarshall wrote:
*It looks like it's some kind of steadicam. They're quite expensive,
but you can make yourself one using the instructions here. The guy who
wrote the instructions seems to get very good results from his one.
I'm sure you could knock one together pretty quickly.

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~johnny/steadycam/
*

There is a simpler style of a steady cam mount that would be useful for
those low follow shots. It's not weighted and balanced like the fancy
ones but it does offer a convenient hand hold that is not available on
the smaller video cameras. There is a discussion of one in 'this
therad' (http://tinyurl.com/8gy9g) and pictures in 'this gallery'
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albus97).

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Gallery: '' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs)
' Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3) 'Click Me'
(http://tinyurl.com/7lvbu)

Old August 8th 05, 11:09 PM
ChangingLINKS.com

Looks like a fun trail!

--
ChangingLINKS.com - member

Drew Brown
'Changing LINKS' (http://www.ChangingLINKS.com)
ChangingLINKS.com's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5468

Old August 9th 05, 12:37 AM
bugman

That was really great filming. THe music worked real well and fits the
action. Great job.

--
bugman - Proud member of the UALW

Old August 9th 05, 02:19 AM
zod

beautiful camera work man! awesome!

--
zod - Southern Fried mUni

maestro8 wrote:
*...don't roll out on your unicycle, instead, roll out on your
head...
*

zod's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3631

Old August 9th 05, 03:38 AM
mandarin

Wow. Any word on a release date?

--
mandarin - Arizona MUni

Matthew Wegner
mandarin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7948

Old August 9th 05, 08:32 AM
pete66

Hey guys, thanks to those who downloaded it, it's pretty big and I think
pretty average compression quality/size proportions.

Some notes about the film, it'll be coming out mid 2006, I'm sorry if
this is a long wait for some but it really is the earliest feasible time
for completion. It's on the "sooner rather than later" list.
Disregarding the name of this thread it's a unicycling film and not
purely muni. There's going to be footage from all over New Zealand,
ranging from 2005 X-Air to some of the most isolated and spectacular
MUni locations.

It's called "Uninhibited" because by now everybodys getting tired
(tyred?) of unicycling films that don't have a unicycling pun somewhere
in the title (what's "defect" got to do with anything? ).

The best camera that I'm using for uninhibited so far is a
PanasonicDVX100a, it's a very similar style or at least price range to
the Canons used in UniverseII. For those of you in the "camera buying
market", I can't say enough good things about DVX100a's except for that
they're not nearly as good as its "soon to be released" big brother:
hvx200. The editing so far has been done with Adobe Premiere

Another camera I've used for bits that need more than one camera angle
or required a smaller camera is the PanasonicGS200 which still produces
a nice picture, especially because it's 3ccd (so a seperate censor for
each colour channel) but quite bad low-light results and f**k all manual
controls.

The glidecam is an absolute mission to setup and use but for the results
(wait till you guys see this stuff on a big screen!), is more than worth
it.

You can expect to see a good mix of technical and insane riding

Pete

--
pete66 - Level 6 downhiller
pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812