Off to Europe

Old August 4th 05, 04:39 PM
bugman

Default Off to Europe

S_Wallis wrote:
*The daily updates are up, and the pictures are fantastic:'Alps
Updates' (http://aut.unitours.org/Update/Day00/index.htm)

That looks like fun beyond description.

Scott *

Scott,
Thanks for the update on the updates. I was looking forward to
reading them.

--
bugman - Proud member of the UALW

Old August 4th 05, 04:43 PM
giocologgi

Enjoy the Europe!

Ciao

--
giocologgi - almost a doctor....

My onza hates me... He wants my blood!
giocologgi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/579

Old August 4th 05, 06:26 PM
leo

giocologgi wrote:
*Enjoy the Europe!*

And you 'Slovenia' (http://www.ejc2005.com/)....!?
If so then please PM or rather e-mail me.

--
leo - Leo Vandewoestijne

'+1 866-UNI-CYCL' (callto://+18668642925)
'unicycle.net' (http://www.unicycle.net/)

'Subscribe' (http://unicyclist.org/cont/subscribe.cfm) to
'unicyclist.org' (http://unicyclist.org/) !
leo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/224

Old August 4th 05, 10:54 PM
anso

leo wrote:
*And you 'Slovenia' (http://www.ejc2005.com/)....!?*

Different French unicyclists will be there : Yoggi, Ludo, Nicolas,
Pierre, Mathieu, Sylvain (I think he told me that he met you last year
in Carvin), probably Roméo and Adrien, and 2 other guys but I don't know
there name...
And probably others who didn't say it.

Hannah Kreisz from Germany and David Weicheberger (Einradfreak) from
Austria and some more Austrians...

I won't be there... No holidays and not enough money

But I'll go to the French Alps to meet the riders. Looking forward to
it.

--
anso - ??
anso's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/371

Old August 5th 05, 07:38 AM
Klaas Bil

On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 10:21:07 -0500, "S_Wallis" wrote:

The daily updates are up, and the pictures are fantastic:'Alps Updates'
(http://aut.unitours.org/Update/Day00/index.htm)

They truly are. Who does the writing? Excellent vivid style, reminds
me of the Norwegian Unicycle Tour
http://www.unitours.org/tours/NUT/Update.htm (including the lay-out)
but those were done by someone else (Tanya, she's not in the AUT).
Thanks much for going through the trouble for creating and uploading
the updates!

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
"Unicycling is like glue: you have to stick with it, and it's not to be sniffed at - Mikefule"

Old August 5th 05, 11:11 PM
ThisGuyIKnow

All these updates are mking me über-jealous. I can't wait until I can
afford the expense and time off work to tackle a major uni-tour in a
foreign land.

--
ThisGuyIKnow - Film Guy
ThisGuyIKnow's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10203

Old August 6th 05, 07:34 AM
Checkernuts

Anyone know where/when the group will be in Geneva?

I'm leaving in a few days (aug 15) for a 5 month stay to finish my
undergrad. It would be cool to meet up with everyone.

--
Checkernuts - Breakdancer Extraordinar

No one said it was gonna be easy and I'm not afraid to try, with the
odds stacked up against me I will have to fight, One Life One Wheel got
to do it right. H20

Checkernuts's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/801

Old August 6th 05, 04:19 PM
S_Wallis

Checkernuts wrote:
*Anyone know where/when the group will be in Geneva?

I'm leaving in a few days (aug 15) for a 5 month stay to finish my
undergrad. It would be cool to meet up with everyone. *

Chex,

Look at their "Route" page. They will be there on the 19th according to
that.

--
S_Wallis - MUni-motivated, Distance-curious

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn
how to do it." Pablo Picasso
S_Wallis's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1520

Old August 6th 05, 10:02 PM
constance.cotter

Quick update from a remote village in the Alps...

Irene and John are doing the writing of the updates. Andy did most of
the layout of the webpage. He also has a cool program that takes all the
data cards from all the digi cameras and puts them in a nice folder so
choosing the photos of the day is much easier.
We got a nice bonus for the daily update by walking thru a town (Ilanz)
that was having a town festival. As Dana and I were walking through town
waiting for the riders to show up, she noticed a bunch of computers. We
walked in, discovered they had internet connection. Found out we could
plug in the memory stick with the daily updates into the computer and
was able to update!

Today was TOUGH. Total elevation was almost 1600m; 80km. Killer day. We
ended up in a great place near the top of a mountain pass.

Checkernuts - can you email me with some contact info? I can send you
some details so we can meet up. That'd be great to connect.

Connie

--
constance.cotter - Unicycling Newbie for 25 years
constance.cotter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9039