Giving up

Old August 8th 05, 02:54 AM
Gilby

Default Giving up

unign wrote:
*...and uni/jugglers might come here since there are no juggling
forums that are that good.*

Coincidence? I think not... no point giving up unicycling.

--
Gilby - Unicyclist.com Webmaster
Gilby's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1

Old August 8th 05, 03:08 AM
leo

unign wrote:
*I always thought that juggling and uni were very closely related, and
uni/jugglers might come here since there are no juggling forums that
are that good.*

What about Rec.Juggling ?
I 'recently reported a RSS feed'
(http://www.unicyclist.org/blog/show.cfm?serial=00776) of it.
And there is no "Sport" (nor performing) in it's address.

unign wrote:

-pdc posted:-
NOT MUCH OF A CHOICE FOR MANY.

*what does that mean???????? *

That not all unicyclists are jugglers to, and those cases will have no
option to give up juggling.

--
leo - Leo Vandewoestijne

'+1 866-UNI-CYCL' (callto://+18668642925)
'unicycle.net' (http://www.unicycle.net/)

'Subscribe' (http://unicyclist.org/cont/subscribe.cfm) to
'unicyclist.org' (http://unicyclist.org/) !
leo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/224

Old August 8th 05, 05:16 AM
caw89

This must be a what if senario, but i do both and would give up juggling
in an instant, you cant take my uni from me, but when you break your leg
unicycling you can practice juggling a lot!

--
caw89 - Cody

'Cody's Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Codys-Gallery)

'sixsixone' (http://sixsixone.com/)

AIM: unicaw89
caw89's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8228

Old August 8th 05, 07:12 AM
vicuniclub

I would just like to say, unicycling evolved from pennyfarthings not
from juggling. I would just like to say the sport of unicycling should
not be related to the "stage side" that of course includes juggling. I
think we should really start thinking of the performing side of
unicycling as just that. and not connect it with actual unicycling. it
is like fencing, you have the sport and you have the stuff you see in
movies (which is fake and doesn't look anything like the sport fencing).
I for one am tierd of people thinking i am from the circus or that you
have to juggle in order to unicycle. I think unicycling would get a lot
more respect if we could just show people that there are two sides of
it. sport and stage unicycling, there's a diffrence people. Also, i
would just like to say that the extreme side of unicycling did not
evolve out of juggling.
just my thoughts

--
vicuniclub - Trial/Muni rider
vicuniclub's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10052

Old August 8th 05, 07:30 AM
ThisGuyIKnow

Even with juggling there is a division between sports jugglers and
performance jugglers. I juggle but I am a sports juggler not a
performance juggler.

--
ThisGuyIKnow - Film Guy
ThisGuyIKnow's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10203

Old August 8th 05, 08:00 AM
ChangingLINKS.com

I would give up unicycling and keep my style of "performance
juggling."
However, I would get a fixy dirt jumper style bike to replace the uni.

--
ChangingLINKS.com - member

Drew Brown
'Changing LINKS' (http://www.ChangingLINKS.com)
ChangingLINKS.com's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5468

Old August 8th 05, 08:13 AM
johnfoss

unign wrote:
*But then there's idling while juggling clubs, the original, and I bet
a large portion of the unicycling population is not into the other
forms and only juggles and idles, and guess what, we wouldn't have
unicycling if there had not been juggling (yeah, I know, unicycling
was invented for stuff other than that) but juggling was what kept it
alive.*

Interesting!

Idling while juggling clubs -- the original *what*? Original unicycling
trick? No, Original juggling trick? No. The original unicycle trick was
being able to ride one. Same for juggling. The "original" combination of
both was to juggle while unicycling. Anyone who has tried knows very
well it's much harder to idle while juggling.

You seem to assume that most unicyclists are juggler/idlers. In fact,
most unicyclists cannot juggle. Surprise!

Last but least, the assertion that unicycling owes its existence to
juggling, or that juggling kept unicycling alive. Would you care to
explain that one? Are you referring to the stage?

Unicycling is indeed a circus art. It is also a recreational sport, a
competitive sport, and a bunch of other things. The same is true for
juggling. One could add educational tool and cultural arts activity for
both as well.

--
johnfoss - More Moab Fun

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'

Old August 8th 05, 08:18 AM
johnfoss

ThisGuyIKnow wrote:
*Unicycling and juggling arent' related in anyway. *

I hate to burst your bubble but they are. They are often performed
together, promoted together, learned together and played with together.
One seldom sees a juggling convention with no unicycles about, and the
same is true for unicycle conventions. Though one can exist entirely
without the other, they get together quite often.
*Sports uniycling existed before perfmormance unicycling.*

Perhaps. But I think the order of events was:
1. Exhibition unicycling (look what we can do!)
2. Sports and performing unicycling developed pretty much at the same
time. The performing side was much bigger for the first hundred years or
so, and was only surpassed by recreational/sports riders in the 1970s or
so. Though we have seen records of early unicycle races, they must have
been very isolated events, with small numbers of participants.
Meanwhile, variety entertainers were performing with unicycles all over
the world by the turn of the century.

--
johnfoss - More Moab Fun

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'

Old August 8th 05, 08:50 AM
ChangingLINKS.com

johnfoss wrote:
*You seem to assume that most unicyclists are juggler/idlers. In fact,
most unicyclists cannot juggle. Surprise!*

Support that "surprise." It definately doesn't play out here in Texas.

For Texas:
Most jugglers cannot unicycle. -true
Most unicyclists cannot juggle. -false

It's worthy of a poll.
I am curious to know how many of us cannot juggle.

Old August 8th 05, 08:52 AM
ChangingLINKS.com

duplicate.

--
ChangingLINKS.com - member

Drew Brown
'Changing LINKS' (http://www.ChangingLINKS.com)
ChangingLINKS.com's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5468

MUni means ticks. Deal with it. Not giving up the MUni Memphis Mud Unicycling 13 September 24th 06 03:48 AM
"Reward" for giving way. Simon Mason UK 14 December 5th 04 10:20 PM
Giving up JBB UK 31 November 21st 04 10:23 PM
Giving up Zog The Undeniable UK 2 August 23rd 04 06:35 PM
Why is the BBC giving space to this twit? dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers UK 75 April 22nd 04 10:30 AM