trials or street freestyle

Old March 10th 06, 02:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default trials or street freestyle

i have a trials uni right now but im seriously considering a nimbus x
for doing tricks on can i use my trials uni for street or freestyle
riding if not can i use the nimbus x for light trials?

--
JUNGAUNI
JUNGAUNI's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11801

Old March 10th 06, 02:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

a trials unicycle is generally better for freestyle than a freestyle
unicycle is for trials.

--
James_Potter

i still believe that all you need is love...john lennon

mikael atkinson
mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
*President of the 'MRIS' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)*

Old March 10th 06, 02:57 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I think a trials unicycle is just as bad for freestyle as a freestyle
unicycle is for trials. The main difference is that a freestyle
unicycle will break if you do much trials on it, whereas a trials
unicycle can handle freestyle easily.

If you seriously enjoy freestyle, getting a freestyle unicycle is
probably a good idea.

--
jsm

Help edit the Unicyclopedia!
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia

"wish i could be in a signature...*sigh*" -chosen
jsm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6911

Old March 10th 06, 02:58 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

What are good freestyle unicycles, anyway?

--
dudewithasock

'My Unicycling Journal'
officially ended.

'MR - Reply 40,000' (http://tinyurl.com/dwwy5)
I am an MRian prophet, follower of 768
dudewithasock's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10900

Old March 10th 06, 03:10 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

i was thinking of getting this
unihttp://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=743

Old March 10th 06, 03:36 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

jsm wrote:
I think a trials unicycle is just as bad for freestyle as a freestyle
unicycle is for trials. The main difference is that a freestyle
unicycle will break if you do much trials on it, whereas a trials
unicycle can handle freestyle easily.
If you seriously enjoy freestyle, getting a freestyle unicycle is
probably a good idea.

that is true. but the point is that you can do more freestyle on a
trials unicycle than you can do trials on a freestyle unicycle, even
though a freestyle unicycle is obviously better than a trials unicycle
for freestyle.

Old March 10th 06, 05:36 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I bought the 20" Nimbus X last fall and have nothing but good things to
say about it. I got it because I wanted to do more freestyle, and it
certainly has been much nicer than the trials uni I was using before.
As far as trials, I've been able to do a lot more than you would think
by reading this forum. I switched my pinned pedals onto the X and
fitted a slightly wider, more aggressive tire. If you have decent
landing technique, you'd be amazed at the abuse you can dish out. I
don't go huge, but I've done my fair share of 3-4' drops (with rollout)
on the stock wheelset without problems. I won't say there aren't any
signs of wear, but far less than the "one 3' drop and the cranks will
snap" stories I've read on here. Hope this helps.

Andrew

--
andrew361
andrew361's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10444

Old March 10th 06, 10:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

thanx could you people tell me more about the nimbus x?