Brute LS lock

Old July 30th 08, 03:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
mkr5000

Default Brute LS lock

I bought one of these off Amazon without seeing it (Brute LS5000) and
this thing is
unbelievable.

Had no idea it was so heavy and "robust".

My question is -- is there another "step down" in these locks that
will do the job without being so cumbersome?

I'd like to exchange it for something easier to handle.

THANKS
Old July 30th 08, 05:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On Jul 30, 9:20*am, mkr5000 wrote:
I bought one of these off Amazon without seeing it (Brute LS5000) and
this thing is
unbelievable.

Had no idea it was so heavy and "robust".

My question is -- is there another "step down" in these locks that
will do the job without being so cumbersome?

I'd like to exchange it for something easier to handle.

THANKS

When you were buying it you could have clicked the 'More about this
product' link and got this:-

Product Description

The Brute Series U-locks offer bicycle and power sports enthusiasts
maximum security for high crime areas. Massive 16.8mm ultra hardened
steel shackles laugh at bolt cutters and pry bars. Our Quattro lock
mechanism with Dual LockDown protection pins both ends of the shackle
creating a double lock that can withstand up to 10 tons of pull force!
And a newly redesigned M-Cylinder lock is easier to use and provides
more security than ever. User-friendly features include rubber and
vinyl coatings to protect your bike's finish, 4 laser cut keys plus
one TorchKey for night use. And every Brute Series U-lock is backed by
a solid anti-theft protection plan.

Lewis.

*****
Old July 30th 08, 05:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
mkr5000

DUH.

NO offense Lewis but I'm asking a question looking for hands-on
"personal" experience with the product.

Old July 30th 08, 07:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Frank Drackman

"mkr5000" wrote in message
DUH.

Very Nice!

D-lock v. Chain Lock Alistair Gunn UK 3 June 26th 05 09:50 PM
FS Master Lock Street Cuff 9-Link Bike Lock [email protected] Marketplace 0 April 21st 05 08:06 AM
Et tu, Brute Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 March 4th 05 03:05 PM
A new lock cable idea, was Lock Opened With Ball Point Pen John Thompson Techniques 2 October 10th 04 02:15 PM
A new lock cable idea, was Lock Opened With Ball Point Pen Matt O'Toole Techniques 30 October 10th 04 02:10 PM