Not On Doping

Old July 28th 07, 04:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

Default Not On Doping

I managed to get a Time VX and have been riding it for a month or so now. I
compared it to my Eddy Merckx EX and my C40 and my Look so far.

There's not much in the comparison though. The Time is obviously the closest
thing to the perfect bike I've ridden so far. Though I did the Windmill
Century on the C40 since I went there with a couple of friends who also ride
C40's and it was just too cool to see a Honda with three C40's on the roof
rack.

The time isn't as rigid as the C40 but way stiffer than the other bikes. One
thing is curious about the Time. When you hit a bump it bumps but there is
almost no after effects like vibrations or anything like that.

The C40 and the EX don't seem to have any oscillation frequencies in which a
hands-off wobble might occur but the Time definitely does have some of that.
But the slightest touch on the bars dampens it completely out as on all good
bikes.

The C40 is definitely lighter but on the other hand I put all of the light
stuff on the C40 and the Time just has nice parts chosen off of my shelf and
not because they were particularly light.

So if you're chosing a new bike try to find one of the older Time VX's. I
would recommend a new Time but they've changed from building frames in sizes
to making small, medium and large bikes which is something that you'd expect
from Murray.

Old July 28th 07, 05:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jim Flom

"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote in message
link.net...
[...]

I think you should write a review.

Old July 30th 07, 08:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Claus Assmann

Tom Kunich wrote:

So if you're chosing a new bike try to find one of the older Time VX's. I
would recommend a new Time but they've changed from building frames in sizes
to making small, medium and large bikes which is something that you'd expect

Hmm, Time seems to name their size XXS, XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL, which
basically translates to 49 - 61cm in 2cm increments. When I bought
my Time, I didn't really care about those letters, as the bike shop
took the measurements from my old bike and by doing a proper fit
(on a "fit cycle").

Old July 31st 07, 12:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Claus Assmann"
wrote in message ...
Tom Kunich wrote:

So if you're chosing a new bike try to find one of the older Time VX's. I
would recommend a new Time but they've changed from building frames in
sizes
to making small, medium and large bikes which is something that you'd
expect

Hmm, Time seems to name their size XXS, XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL, which
basically translates to 49 - 61cm in 2cm increments. When I bought
my Time, I didn't really care about those letters, as the bike shop
took the measurements from my old bike and by doing a proper fit
(on a "fit cycle").

That's interessting Claus. Thanks for that piece of information. I didn't
seen the XXS or XXL on their website when I looked.

Old July 31st 07, 08:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Morten Reippuert Knudsen

wrote in message ...
Tom Kunich wrote:

So if you're chosing a new bike try to find one of the older Time VX's. I
would recommend a new Time but they've changed from building frames in
sizes
to making small, medium and large bikes which is something that you'd
expect

Hmm, Time seems to name their size XXS, XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL, which
basically translates to 49 - 61cm in 2cm increments. When I bought
my Time, I didn't really care about those letters, as the bike shop
took the measurements from my old bike and by doing a proper fit
(on a "fit cycle").

That's interessting Claus. Thanks for that piece of information. I didn't
seen the XXS or XXL on their website when I looked.

You're not really shure if youre 160cm or 195cm?

--
Morten Reippuert Knudsen :-) http://blog.reippuert.dk

Merlin Works CR-3/2.5 & Campagnolo Chorus 2007.