Trip Report - Milwaukee to St. John's Newfooundland

Old November 30th 08, 05:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Ron Wallenfang

Default Trip Report - Milwaukee to St. John's Newfooundland

Now posted with pictures at:

http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/4532
Old November 30th 08, 06:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Tom Sherman[_3_]

Ron Wallenfang wrote:
Now posted with pictures at:

http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/4532

The flat bars are an unusual choice for a touring bicycle. No issues
with hand numbness?

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
If you are not a part of the solution, you are a part of the
Old December 1st 08, 05:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Ron Wallenfang

On Nov 29, 11:03*pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
Ron Wallenfang wrote:
Now posted with pictures at:

*http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/4532

The flat bars are an unusual choice for a touring bicycle. No issues
with hand numbness?

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
If you are not a part of the solution, you are a part of the
precipitate. - Anon?

Very rarely. If I had the underslung handlebars, I'd hardly ever use
them, as I'm just not comfortable bending that far over. I'm
comfortable riding rather straight up, and can do it for hours on
end. It means my arms, which are rather weak anyway, aren't
contributing much, but I'm not looking for a "racer's edge".

Thanks for the reference to Crazy Guy on a Bike as a place to post
reports with photos - another person had also suggested it. A son-in-
law got me oriented to its use this weekend, and I'm gradually
learning to use it - I hope to have my 2007 trip report posted there
soon.
Old December 6th 08, 06:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Default Trip Report - Milwaukee to St. John's Newfoundland

Ron Wallenfang wrote:
On Nov 29, 11:03 pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
Ron Wallenfang wrote:
Now posted with pictures at:
http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/4532

The flat bars are an unusual choice for a touring bicycle. No issues
with hand numbness?

Very rarely. If I had the underslung handlebars, I'd hardly ever use
them, as I'm just not comfortable bending that far over. I'm
comfortable riding rather straight up, and can do it for hours on
end. It means my arms, which are rather weak anyway, aren't
contributing much, but I'm not looking for a "racer's edge".

I ride with flat bars with no problems, but then I am a degenerate (i.e.
recumbent rider). On the MTB, I get numb hands if there are long
non-technical sections.

Thanks for the reference to Crazy Guy on a Bike as a place to post
reports with photos - another person had also suggested it. A son-in-
law got me oriented to its use this weekend, and I'm gradually
learning to use it - I hope to have my 2007 trip report posted there
soon.

The Crazy Guy on a Bike format is a lot easier to read than clicking on
a bunch of links and switching back and forth. The technologically
up-to-date can post updates to their journal with portable internet
access devices as their ride progresses.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
LOCAL CACTUS EATS CYCLIST - datakoll
Old December 9th 08, 04:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
ZBicyclist

Tom Sherman wrote:
Ron Wallenfang wrote:

Thanks for the reference to Crazy Guy on a Bike as a place to
post
reports with photos - another person had also suggested it. A
son-in- law got me oriented to its use this weekend, and I'm
gradually learning to use it - I hope to have my 2007 trip
report
posted there soon.

The Crazy Guy on a Bike format is a lot easier to read than
clicking
on a bunch of links and switching back and forth. The
technologically
up-to-date can post updates to their journal with portable
internet
access devices as their ride progresses.

I think a big advantage of Crazy Guy is that whenever you are
thinking of a trip, you can use the search engine and see what you
can find about other trips. Since it's all bicycle tours, the
quality of the hits is good. Plus, you can send an e-mail to the
author with questions.

--
Mike Kruger
http://mikekr.blogspot.com/