!The collective IdIoTS guide to unispins!

Old December 5th 06, 09:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
markf

Default !The collective IdIoTS guide to unispins!

AllThingsUni wrote:
if you arent landing unispins its cuz youre scared. if you werent scared
it would all flow and youd land. and...stop making it a science
everybody my goodness.

despite being from florida it seems like english is your second if not
third language. be helpful or get out.

--
markf

'my Des Moines Iowa Bike Shop' (http://www.irwinsbikes.com)
markf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8102

Old December 5th 06, 10:24 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

For 180s, you dont even have to take your hand off the handle, same with
360s, and I think I saw someone do it with a 540.

If you are taking your hand off the handle, so you have to catch again
when your landing, just practice like on step 5.

Jump, spin, catch the seat the right way, land on the ground. Once your
used to catching the seat like that, go for the landing.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/) New Uni =
Blue Sex!

Old December 6th 06, 01:11 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
markf

i'm looking for advise on how to do just that. spin the seat a full 360
and catch it in the right way. if it helps, i hop left foot forward,
and for unispins i put my right hand on the front and left hand at the
back but on the opposite side. and for 180s i (of course) don't let go.

Old December 6th 06, 01:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Michea

Jerrick wrote:
Well, lets start shall we?

That was a helpful tutorial. It made me want to go buy shin guards.

--
Michea

I've got a suggestion to keep you all occupied.
Michea's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11044

Old December 6th 06, 02:36 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
fluxusmaximus

Michea wrote:
That was a helpful tutorial. It made me want to go buy shin guards.

Well you should. I bought 661s yesterday FINALLY (after like 3 years)
and my jump increased by like 2 inches immediately. Shinguards give you
guts.

--
fluxusmaximus
fluxusmaximus's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12582

Old December 6th 06, 02:50 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rabbithunter018

AllThingsUni wrote:
if you arent landing unispins its cuz youre scared. if you werent scared
it would all flow and youd land. and...stop making it a science
everybody my goodness.

if ur not landing backflips its cuz ur scared. you just gotta do it
man.
It's not that simple for most people. There are other factors than
being scared. Granted, being scared is one of the largest obstacles in
learning to unispin, but it's not like some tips or advice wouldn't
help.

--
rabbithunter018

Never underestimate stupid people in large groups

It is always better to keep your mouth shut and have people question
your intelligence, than to say something stupid and leave them in no
doubt.

Don't worry about looking like a dork for diff color cranks. You ride a
uni, lol.
rabbithunter018's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12156

Old December 6th 06, 04:53 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
gabetheunicycleman

180 and 360 guides ( taken from my tutorial in unicyclopedia)

180 unispin.
firstly you want to be comfortable hopping with the seat infront. once
you can do that learn the 180 jump mount. simply jump off the ground,
spin the uni 180 degrees and land with your feet on the pedals. once
you can do both of these reasonably well you should be ready to try a
180 unispin. Get on with the seat out in front holding the seat with
one hand on the front and one on the back and steady yourself. some
people like to do small bunnyhops to find their center of balance. then
when you are ready jump up into the air whilst keeping the uni more or
less on the ground. you dont want it to come up with you. then spin it
180 whichever way you feel most comfortable and then land with your
feet on the pedals or cranks. if you are not sure that you are going to
land it, instead land on the ground next to the pedals. one thing that
really helped me was keeping the wheel on the ground and using the seat
to kinda keep yourself in the air. this trick should take around 45
mins more or less of solid practicing to learn. even then you may not
be able to do it every time. remember to wear shin guards in case you
miss the pedals and remember that your feet dont have to go out too
much. i jarred my wrist really badly doin this so wristguards or tape
may be good. P.S I realise that this is already in the freestyle
section but this is also a street skill and this has more detail. here
is my video tutorial. http://tinyurl.com/y2yghj

360 unispin
The 360 unispin is somewhat different to the 180 unispin. to do the 360
unispin you firstly want to be able to do the 180 unispin (obviously)
and you want to be good at it. unlike the 180 unispin the 360 jump
mount is not a necessity. i actually find it harder than the 360
unispin. okay, there are a few things to learn. firstly you want to
figure out how your going to spin the uni. some people let go of the
seat when they spin the uni some dont. i dont, im not that coordinated.
once you figure this out practice practice practice. get comfortable
doing this. then figure out whether to spin seat in or out. i spin seat
in so that it stays under me. then practice some more. one day it'll
just come to you.

--
gabetheunicycleman

unicycleman does not stand..... he sits on the air --unicycleman-
gabetheunicycleman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13054

Old December 6th 06, 05:16 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Goats_On_Unicycles

To learn the 180 uni-spin I found it most helpfull to start out doing 90
degree uni-spins. That is just spinning your uni 90 degrees so that you
land bouncing on the tire. Then spin the uni the other 90 degrees and
land on the pedals. After doing this for a few days you will be able
to spin the uni 180 and after a few tries, land on the pedals.
But just to deviate from the norm, I am a big advocate of bare-foot
uni-spinning.
16578

|Filename: barefootspin.jpg |

Goats_On_Unicycles

WHATEVER!! You ain't my daddy! I'm thirteen an' I do what I want!!!!!
'MY -GROOVY- GALLERY' (http://tinyurl.com/yeceup) * Unicycle
For Goats!!!!!* PM me if you want in!
KH Funds=$.79!!!!!!
Goats_On_Unicycles's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12566

Old December 6th 06, 07:49 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
gabetheunicycleman

ok i just re learned the 360 unispin. my tips are keep the seat close to
ur legs and lean foward with ur upper body so that your face is looking
at the cranks. eg u want to be in like an upside down L shape.the
little bit of the L being your upper body. then bounce like you usually
do to get ur center of balance. then pause bend down toward the uni and
hop upward whilst spinning. you will hopefully go foward ever so
slightly so that you land ontop of the uni rather than having the uni
just go out infront of you and not landing on it.this is difficult to
explain so ill have a vid and a frame by frame analysys by tonight. not
now i just stuffed my achilies.

Old December 6th 06, 08:53 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Zzagg

Here's THE tip I've missed for a long time for unispins: spinning
direction.
I hop with my left foot forward, so I spin my uni counter-clockwyse so
that my feet can stop the spin when I land on the pedals/cranks.
I used to spin the other way when practicing the 180 unispin and when I
tried the other way, every thing looked much easier

--
Zzagg

Zzagg - Air Circus Team (Nantes)

Living easy, living free...
...Season ticket on a one wheel ride.

JJuggle wrote:
Zzagg, I'm struggling with your English.

Zzagg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6847

I need the idiots guide to rolling hops. elmer Unicycling 6 January 31st 06 06:29 PM
I need the idiots guide to rolling hops. Erin Unicycling 3 January 31st 06 03:33 AM
More on collective nouns Claude Australia 2 October 14th 05 01:28 PM
Collective noun DeF Australia 19 October 3rd 05 01:29 PM
FS The Collective DVD Scott Gates Marketplace 0 November 3rd 04 04:23 AM