What, no "Total Miles Ridden in 2010" Thread?!?

Old January 5th 11, 12:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Sornson[_6_]

Default What, no "Total Miles Ridden in 2010" Thread?!?

?I was consistent, at least, despite a herniated disc in July (right after
longest ride of the year probably).

Mad One: 3990 miles
Klein: 990 miles
MTBs: 90 feet (not really but negligible distance)
________
Total: 4980

Bill "note to self: do a freakin' CENTURY in '11" S.

Old January 5th 11, 03:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
dgk

On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 15:01:31 -0800, "Bill Sornson"
wrote:

?I was consistent, at least, despite a herniated disc in July (right after
longest ride of the year probably).

Mad One: 3990 miles
Klein: 990 miles
MTBs: 90 feet (not really but negligible distance)
________
Total: 4980

Bill "note to self: do a freakin' CENTURY in '11" S.

Just closing in on 3000 miles on my new Trek Valencia+. But since that
+ means that I use electic pedal assist on the big hills and stinking
East River bridges I may have to deduct some points. But my knees
appreciate it.
Old January 6th 11, 04:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Patrick Lamb

wrote:

?I was consistent, at least, despite a herniated disc in July (right after
longest ride of the year probably).

Mad One: 3990 miles
Klein: 990 miles
MTBs: 90 feet (not really but negligible distance)
________
Total: 4980

Bill "note to self: do a freakin' CENTURY in '11" S.

Just closing in on 3000 miles on my new Trek Valencia+. But since that
+ means that I use electic pedal assist on the big hills and stinking
East River bridges I may have to deduct some points. But my knees
appreciate it.

Ooh, ooh, me too! 6200 miles, which included two horrible months
(spousal health, cold, snow, etc.)

Do you have a goal for next year, and if so, what is it? I'm hoping
for another 6,000 miles year, but I can see potential trouble looming
which may keep me under 5,000.

Old January 6th 11, 06:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
dgk

wrote:

[...]

I'm going to be around 3500 or slightly higher if all goes well.
Old January 6th 11, 06:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
pH

* * * * * * * * * *________
Total: * * * * 4980

Bill "note to self: do a freakin' CENTURY in '11" S.

Well, I always admire all the miles you guys manage to pile on and
find myself wanting in comparison...
but, I have to remember that probably 95% of the population out there
does not ride their bicycles at all.

So, with that thought to salve my ego...
80's Cannondale: 1100
Tour Easy Recumbent: 1125
-----------
Total: 2225

Or, more than 10% above my goal for the year.

Pureheart

Old January 9th 11, 09:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Kevan Smith[_2_]

On 1/4/11 5:01 PM, Bill Sornson wrote:
?I was consistent, at least, despite a herniated disc in July (right
after longest ride of the year probably).

Mad One: 3990 miles
Klein: 990 miles
MTBs: 90 feet (not really but negligible distance)
________
Total: 4980

Bill "note to self: do a freakin' CENTURY in '11" S.

I won't do total miles, because y'all shame me, especially considering
how much I used to ride.

However:

Grocery trips: 52+ (more than one a week)
Work trips 14 (bus is good, but I need a new job)
Social trips 10 (need more friends)
Drinking trips 730! (not really, but one time on absinthe I wrecked
because of imaginary green squirrels.)

Alright, I also did a couple of road and trail rides, prolly totalling
200 miles all together. Big woop.
Old February 1st 11, 05:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Ted

I put in an amazing 6,801.5 miles all on the road. Virtually all
recreational miles. The only time it is work related is when my car
was in the shop. I had several hundred more on my trainer. I beat
last year's total by 1,300 miles.
Not bad for the Great State of Maine.
Old February 2nd 11, 09:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
dgk

On Tue, 1 Feb 2011 08:45:42 -0800 (PST), Ted
wrote:

I put in an amazing 6,801.5 miles all on the road. Virtually all
recreational miles. The only time it is work related is when my car
was in the shop. I had several hundred more on my trainer. I beat
last year's total by 1,300 miles.
Not bad for the Great State of Maine.

That is indeed a lot of miles. And, if I'm not mistaken, Maine has
some hills.