No discussion of RadioShack/Leopard-Trek merger rumor?

Old September 2nd 11, 05:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

Default No discussion of RadioShack/Leopard-Trek merger rumor?

I would have thought this would have raised some eyebrows. Supposedly a
rumor, but doesn't it add up? What better DS than Johan Bruyneel to deal
with the Schlecks weaknesses at time trialing? What better way for Radio
Shack to gracefully bow out? I was told several weeks ago that Trek was
going to sponsor just one ProTour team for 2012 (Leopard-Trek), and it's
no secret that a TdF win is far more important than the combined 2nd &
3rd spots on the podium. Seriously, merging Radio Shack & Leopard-Trek
has got to be all about just one thing- Johan Bruyneel.

What say the mob?

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old September 2nd 11, 06:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

On Sep 1, 10:33*pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:
I would have thought this would have raised some eyebrows. Supposedly a
rumor, but doesn't it add up? What better DS than Johan Bruyneel to deal
with the Schlecks weaknesses at time trialing? What better way for Radio
Shack to gracefully bow out? I was told several weeks ago that Trek was
going to sponsor just one ProTour team for 2012 (Leopard-Trek), and it's
no secret that a TdF win is far more important than the combined 2nd &
3rd spots on the podium. Seriously, merging Radio Shack & Leopard-Trek
has got to be all about just one thing- Johan Bruyneel.

What say the mob?

I'm waiting and watching but, as the saying goes, where there's smoke
there's fire. After this year's TdF fiasco for RS it would seem that
the team needs some rejuvenation. The promotional link to that LA guy
is likely wearing thin. And with the way BMC is buying up the talent,
another super squad almost seems necessary to maintain a balance of
power. One wonders how Kloden and Horner will be next year.

The Schlecks seem to be spending a bunch of time stateside which could
certainly hint at some US related connections other than just
appearance fees.

I also wonder whether AS will ever become a capable TT'er. If a
scrawny little guy Janez can do it, it should be within reach of Andy.
But hanging out with Fabian hasn't rubbed off on him.

Like I said - I'm waiting and watching
DR

Old September 4th 11, 04:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Randall

On Sep 1, 10:24*pm, DirtRoadie wrote:
On Sep 1, 10:33*pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:

Personally I don't think there is a great need for Leopard Trek to
merge with RS. But there is much greater for RS to merge. As for TT
skils there others they can learn from. Trek's sponsorship is helpful
to RS, not unreplacable.

Radishack crashes at this years TDF is due to agility.

Old September 4th 11, 06:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

wrote:

========
Personally I don't think there is a great need for Leopard Trek to
merge with RS. But there is much greater for RS to merge. As for TT
skils there others they can learn from. Trek's sponsorship is helpful
to RS, not unreplacable.

Radishack crashes at this years TDF is due to agility.
========

Johan Bruyneel has carried over an extremely-capable team of managers to
RS; their lack of success is due primarily to their abundance of age.
The raw, untamed talent just doesn't exist over at RS (and where it has,
it's left for greener pastures, basically teams with a future). With
Lance not even doing the Tri gig he'd promised, what's in it for a
sponsor? Oh sure, you could have a ProTour team of experienced old hands
that comes over to the US now & then to beat up on the Continental &
Amateur teams...

Realistically, 2011 was the last shot at a magical ending for all the
old-timers at RS. I would love to believe Chris Horner could ride the
'Tour again and be a factor, but c'mon, that's way more absurd than
believing he could have been on the podium this past year (which was a
ridiculous longshot, but yeah, I was hoping). Leopard-Trek doesn't need
and can't use any RS riders, just management.

And getting back to Johan, c'mon, you really think he doesn't want
another shot? That he would love to have some talented riders that have
the genetics and age for the top spot on the podium? He's got to be
super-motivated, or ready to retire. I'm going for motivated.
Leopard-Trek could desperately use someone who would leave no stone
unturned in a quest to win the TdF, and Andy needs someone running
things whose credentials vastly exceed his own.

Old September 4th 11, 09:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Randall

Personally I don't think there is a great need for Leopard Trek to
merge with RS. But there is much greater for RS to merge. As for TT
skills there others they can learn from. Trek's sponsorship is helpful
to RS, not replaceable.

Radioshack crashes at this years TDF is due to agility.
========

[...]

Naturally RS will have to replace it's older riders in the near
future. This the reason why Bruyneel is working with the Livestrong
team as a development team. I don't think that a clean sweep of all
the older RS riders needs to be done immediately. Let's not forget
that RS has won several major tours this year. So question is how
quickly will the younger riders develop and what newer riders can be
signed.

Old September 5th 11, 08:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Randall

Leopard Trek merger announced
(http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/leop...s-merger-with-
radioshack )

Old September 5th 11, 09:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour[_2_]

On Sep 5, 3:58*pm, Randall wrote:

Leopard Trek merger announced
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/leop...ith-radioshack

Stop top posting. It is unseemly.

No mention of Levi in that merger announcement. Hmmm....

Old September 5th 11, 09:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

On Sep 5, 1:58*pm, Randall wrote:
Leopard Trek merger announced
(http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/leop...s-merger-with-
radioshack )

I wonder what all that denial nonsense was about.

DR
Old September 6th 11, 05:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

*http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/leop...erger-with-rad...

Stop top posting. *It is unseemly.

No mention of Levi in that merger announcement. * Hmmm....

Hmmm... indeed.

http://espn.go.com/olympics/cycling/...ams-merge-2012

"One notable absence from the list was RadioShack's Levi Leipheimer, a
past podium finisher in two three-week Grand Tours, the Tour de France
and Vuelta d'Espana and winner of this year's Tour of Switzerland, the
Tour of Utah and the U.S. Pro Cycling Challenge in Colorado.
Leipheimer has made no announcement about his 2012 plans. Leopard's
popular German support rider Jens Voigt, whose current contract
expires at the end of this year, also was not listed."
Old September 6th 11, 05:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

On Sep 5, 3:58*pm, Randall wrote:

Leopard Trek merger announced
*http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/leop...erger-with-rad...

Stop top posting. *It is unseemly.

No mention of Levi in that merger announcement. * Hmmm....

The fact that he hasn't denied plans to move to another team leads me
to believe it's pretty much a done deal. He's moving, just hasn't
announced to where, yet.

White space on the Leopard Trek jerseys Frederick the Great Racing 1 July 23rd 11 07:46 AM
Radioshack atriage[_6_] Racing 7 July 15th 11 02:53 PM
radioshack atriage[_5_] Racing 19 July 10th 11 03:34 PM
Radioshack renews Team Radioshack contract for 2 more years Randall Racing 2 July 2nd 11 06:02 AM
Leopard bicycles Didier A. Depireux Racing 1 June 17th 05 06:47 PM