torque wrench issues

Old May 4th 17, 03:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default torque wrench issues

On Wednesday, May 3, 2017 at 11:08:19 AM UTC-7, Ian Field wrote:
wrote in message

A pH of 7 is neutral Normal rain is 5.5. It probably won't help you but
normal rain is acidic.

So what point were you supposedly trying to make?

Normal rain causes metal to corrode, and mostly due to galvanic action
around spots of impurities. Potential differences arise and electrolysis
dissociates metal ions.

Acid rain (as in sulphur pollution) simply does the same thing more
enthusiastically.

If rain was pure distilled water, there would be no galvanic potentials and
probably hardly any corrosion - a lot less people would bother painting or
plating metals.

What it means is that I'm sick and tired of some ass throwing around leftist passwords about things that they don't know about.

"Acid rain" occurs every single day in many locations of the world from totally natural events such as emissions from volcanoes or geothermal outlets. That coal fired power plants also caused it only means that there is a learning curve and if you aren't willing to take any chances at all you are a idiot.
Old May 4th 17, 03:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, May 3, 2017 at 11:13:45 AM UTC-7, Ian Field wrote:
"John B Slocomb" wrote in message

Actually, like so much else of their culture, they have pirated the
term from the French.

"Galvanic - From French galvanique, after Italian physiologist Luigi
Aloisio Galvani"

And what did he invent/discover?

It would be very interesting to know what in hell YOU ever invented or discovered other than to how to get your ass kicked faster than anyone else on the planet.

Old May 4th 17, 03:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, May 3, 2017 at 11:46:20 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:

Luigi Galvani is best known for twitching dead frogs' leg
muscles with a copper-zinc battery apparatus. The transfer
of his name to the (original) zinc electroplate process and
then to zinc hot dip (cheaper) are honorific for his
contributions to electricity generally , not a brand or
tradename extension like Ford or Edison.

How you conflated fuming zing poisoning with etymology
escapes me.

What escapes me is why he is on this group in the first place. I haven't seen him contribute anything.
Old May 4th 17, 03:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, May 3, 2017 at 3:37:44 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Wednesday, May 3, 2017 at 8:54:59 PM UTC+1, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 5/3/2017 2:18 PM, Ian Field wrote:

wrote in message
On Tue, 2 May 2017 19:12:39 +0100, "Ian Field"
wrote:

"John B Slocomb" wrote in message
On Mon, 1 May 2017 19:49:36 +0100, "Ian Field"
wrote:

a great deal deleted

know of cadmium plating being very dangerous.
You will only weld or braze galvanized steel in a poorly ventilated
space ONCE unless you are REALLY stupid.

I have never become aware of the dire consequences of welding zinc
plated
that are being spouted here.

"galvanised" can be plated with *ANY* metal that has a higher galvanic
affinity than the host metal. Including cadmium and various other
toxic
heavy metals.

I can only assume that you are not from a country where English is the
common language as the definition of "galvanized" in the U.S. (and
likely in other English speaking countries) is, and I quote, "Covered
with Zinc".

I'm in an English speaking country that's heard of etymology.
You mayb be an etymologist and a Brit, but you have little or no
technical knowlege from what you keep saying.

You kooks are hilarious, but you do get tedious quite quickly.

Feel free to go away.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Yo, Franki-boy, feel free not to read any posts whose senders make you uncomfortable by not agreeing that you know everything. However, don't feel free to decide who can come to RBT. You've already been burned once for that crime (what happened to your dream of being "a spokesman for bicycles"?), and I'll burn you for it again any time I see you attack anybody's freedom of speech. We have enough scum in erstwhile good universities trying to shut up and exclude people for whom they don't have answers, so we don't need tenth-rate superannuated ******s like you attempting the same slimy suppression of free speech on RBT.

Andre Jute
I may not agree with Ian Field, but I'll stomp you for denying his right to be wrong as persistently as he cares to be.

I don't mind his being wrong so much as purposely being so for no other reason than to be provocative. This isn't free speech - it's starting a fight. And I for one would give it to him in a second were he not protected by distance.
Old May 4th 17, 08:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ian Field

wrote in message

[...]

"leftist passwords" are orders of magnitude better than running off at a
totally irrelevant tangent that has nothing whatever to do with what's being
discussed.

Old May 4th 17, 08:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ian Field

wrote in message
On Wednesday, May 3, 2017 at 11:46:20 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:

Luigi Galvani is best known for twitching dead frogs' leg
muscles with a copper-zinc battery apparatus. The transfer
of his name to the (original) zinc electroplate process and
then to zinc hot dip (cheaper) are honorific for his
contributions to electricity generally , not a brand or
tradename extension like Ford or Edison.

How you conflated fuming zing poisoning with etymology
escapes me.

What escapes me is why he is on this group in the first place. I haven't
seen him contribute anything.

Its difficult to sift from the endless spam from the resident trolls.

Old May 4th 17, 08:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ian Field

wrote in message
On Wednesday, May 3, 2017 at 11:13:45 AM UTC-7, Ian Field wrote:
"John B Slocomb" wrote in message

Actually, like so much else of their culture, they have pirated the
term from the French.

"Galvanic - From French galvanique, after Italian physiologist Luigi
Aloisio Galvani"

And what did he invent/discover?

It would be very interesting to know what in hell YOU ever invented

Several novel circuits published in a variety of electronics magazines that
I could be bothered remembering.

Most of the bodges I devise are an improvement on the original equipment -
which I wouldn't have bothered messing with if it hadn't failed in the first
place.

And all I've ever seen you contribute is an abusive manner.

You seem to think you're superior - I can't be the only one who thinks
you're not.

Old May 4th 17, 08:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ian Field

"John B Slocomb" wrote in message
On Wed, 3 May 2017 19:16:59 +0100, "Ian Field"
wrote:

"John B Slocomb" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 2 May 2017 19:09:32 +0100, "Ian Field"
wrote:

"Frank Krygowski" wrote in message
news On 5/1/2017 2:49 PM, Ian Field wrote:

wrote:
On Sun, 30 Apr 2017 21:30:36 +0100, "Ian Field" wrote:

Never heard of any warnings against welding zinc passivated steel -
only
know of cadmium plating being very dangerous.

You will only weld or braze galvanized steel in a poorly ventilated
space ONCE unless you are REALLY stupid.

I have never become aware of the dire consequences of welding zinc
plated
that are being spouted here.

"galvanised" can be plated with *ANY* metal that has a higher
galvanic
affinity than the host metal. Including cadmium and various other
toxic
heavy metals.

Cadmium poisoning is cumulative and has various routes into the
body -
its a long slow painful journey to a Darwin award.

For a few years I worked assembling electronic equipment on cadmium
plated chassis - I've seen with my own eyes the extent to which the
plating rubs off on your hands.

But if you're too stupid to take it from someone who's been there -
Darwin awaits you with outstretched arms.

Can you not see your post's internal inconsistency?

You have multiple people who have given citations as well as related
experiences about welding zinc galvanized steel, but you discount them
saying "I have never become aware [of that problem]."

I have done and seen others do; things that they claim are instantly
injurous - at no time have I observed any such effect.

My cites are what I've seen with my own eyes.

But Ian, old chap, when discussing the "ouch-ouch" sickness you state
your reference as "what I read". Now you are claiming "my own eyes" as
a reference. A bit of a disparity there, don't you know.

That's quite possible between two entirely different lines of discussion
don't you know.

Well, what is one to think.

I'm not convinced that you even do.

Old May 4th 17, 08:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ian Field

On 5/3/2017 6:37 PM, Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

Only Jute could mistake a simple reassurance ("feel free to go away") for
a statement about who can or cannot post on RBT.

I couldn't find any ambiguity in your remark.

Old May 4th 17, 08:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ian Field

wrote:

[...]

Monster truck sized pot-kettle.

torque wrench issues Andrew Chaplin Techniques 46 April 27th 17 02:55 PM
TORQUE WRENCH ? kolldata Techniques 3 June 22nd 11 04:04 AM
Torque Wrench Use Graham Sharman Techniques 11 July 3rd 07 11:04 PM