Hurt mountain biker rescued by military

Old May 22nd 10, 04:38 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Bruce Jensen

Default Hurt mountain biker rescued by military

On May 20, 10:18*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

When you tell me that you know what wild animals are thinking and that
making a bit of noise will protect you from bears, then of course I
conclude that you are an idiot.

I have a question, Do, you know otherwise? If so, how?

Why should I waste any time on you? Yea, that is
the
question that us geniuses are constantly asking ourselves.

There is the essential problem. Who ever told you were a genius? Oh
yeah, If orgot - it was Mikey.

Well, Ed "What the hell do I know about rattlesnakes?" Dolan, I never

once said this, *not once*, and you cannot provide a single citation
either. *You place words in my mouth and then act like it shows you
know something about what others discuss. *You must be a very proud
demagogue.

Besides, you are a blood thirsty savage who likes to see wolves devouring
a deer that is still alive and struggling for its life. That tells me all I
will ever have to know about you. What an abomination of a human being you
are!

I repeat - I never once said this either, Ed "What the hell do I know
about
rattlesnakes?" Dolan. *And, as before, you can provide not a single
citation to this effect.

You said that it was natural for wolves to eat deer while it was alive

...and it is - you cannot deny that.

and it was OK with you.

I said that I was not so arrogant as to presume I know better than God
and Nature, who set up this system without asking me or you.

And I said **** you and your "natural".

And I say this shows utter ignorance, arrogance and complete lack of
objectivity.

*What is there about this that you do not understand. You prefer nature; I prefer
civilization.

Nothing - I understand it perfectly. What I do not understand is why
a person who loves civilization and hates actual Nature wants so badly
to enjoy it and keep others out of it. I understand quantum
mechanics, relativity, cosmology, Shakespeare, Robespierre, Voltaire
and Beethoven, but that is the most incomprehensible thing I have ever
heard. It is, in the vernacular, completely, whacked. In the
immortal words of Ralph Kramden, "You, Ed, are a mental case."

You do this simply to divert everyones' attention from the real issues

at hand - and that is, Nature is subject to abuses from a thousand
influences more egregious and appalling than mountain bikes can ever
hope to be. *If you cared about this at all, you would admit it - but
you do not, because all you care about is Ed "**** Nature" Dolan, your
arrogance against what God and Nature have wrought over eons of
evolution, and whether or not you get to go into your sanitized Bambi
theme park where you are perfectly safe, do not need to share with
anyone else, and only humans have the right to murder deer.

I don't want mountain bikes on hiking trails - period! Neither does Mr.
Vandeman. But you are too dense an asshole not to appreciate this.

And as usual, you ignore the obvious, which is that I agree with you.

*You are
with that other asshole, Jeff Strickland, who thinks it is acceptable for
mountain bikers to enjoy hiking trails on their god damn ****ing bicycles..

Which also ignores the obvious, which is that I don't. Are you
incapable of retaining even the slightest bit of inconvenient
information?

It is why I regard you as a barbarian and a savage, not worthy of
civilization.

Which is why everyone - except Mikey - regards you as a dangerous
psycho.

Bruce
Old May 22nd 10, 05:59 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

"Bruce Jensen" wrote in message
On May 20, 10:18 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

When you tell me that you know what wild animals are thinking and that
making a bit of noise will protect you from bears, then of course I
conclude that you are an idiot.

I have a question, Do, you know otherwise? If so, how?

I have seen bears many times invade Yellowstone campgrounds with everyone
yelling and screaming and the bears paying no attention at all.
[...]

Besides, you are a blood thirsty savage who likes to see wolves
devouring
a deer that is still alive and struggling for its life. That tells me
all I
will ever have to know about you. What an abomination of a human being
you
are!

I repeat - I never once said this either, Ed "What the hell do I know

about
rattlesnakes?" Dolan. And, as before, you can provide not a single
citation to this effect.

You said that it was natural for wolves to eat deer while it was alive

...and it is - you cannot deny that.

and it was OK with you.

I said that I was not so arrogant as to presume I know better than God

and Nature, who set up this system without asking me or you.

But I am SO arrogant and that is where I am superior to you. You would
reintroduce wolves to wilderness whereas I would not. Therein lies all the
difference.
[...]

What is there about this that you do not understand. You prefer nature; I
prefer
civilization.

Nothing - I understand it perfectly. What I do not understand is why

a person who loves civilization and hates actual Nature wants so badly
to enjoy it and keep others out of it. I understand quantum
mechanics, relativity, cosmology, Shakespeare, Robespierre, Voltaire
and Beethoven, but that is the most incomprehensible thing I have ever
heard. It is, in the vernacular, completely, whacked. In the
immortal words of Ralph Kramden, "You, Ed, are a mental case."

"You would reintroduce wolves to wilderness whereas I would not. Therein
lies all the difference." - Ed Dolan
[...]

I don't want mountain bikes on hiking trails - period! Neither does Mr.
Vandeman. But you are too dense an asshole not to appreciate this.

And as usual, you ignore the obvious, which is that I agree with you.

You are
with that other asshole, Jeff Strickland, who thinks it is acceptable for
mountain bikers to enjoy hiking trails on their god damn ****ing bicycles.

Which also ignores the obvious, which is that I don't. Are you

incapable of retaining even the slightest bit of inconvenient
information?

You need to decide whose side you are on. There is a war on and the battle
rages. Everyone hates a Mr. In-Between!

It is why I regard you as a barbarian and a savage, not worthy of
civilization.

Which is why everyone - except Mikey - regards you as a dangerous

psycho.

Your claim to culture is bogus. You are steeped in the blood of wolves. I am
a Bambi lover and you are a Bambi hater. I have known your type all of my
life. It is kill, kill, kill ... for sport and/or for money. The blood of
innocent creatures drips from your hands.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old May 22nd 10, 08:55 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Bruce Jensen

On May 21, 9:59*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"Bruce Jensen" wrote in message

On May 20, 10:18 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

When you tell me that you know what wild animals are thinking and that
making a bit of noise will protect you from bears, then of course I
conclude that you are an idiot.
I have a question, *Do, you know otherwise? *If so, how?

I have seen bears many times invade Yellowstone campgrounds with everyone
yelling and screaming and the bears paying no attention at all.
[...]

You are confusing campground - accustomed bears with wild bears in the
backcountry. They are not the same, and they behave differently.

Besides, you are a blood thirsty savage who likes to see wolves
devouring
a deer that is still alive and struggling for its life. That tells me
all I
will ever have to know about you. What an abomination of a human being
you
are!
I repeat - I never once said this either, Ed "What the hell do I know

about
rattlesnakes?" Dolan. And, as before, you can provide not a single
citation to this effect.

You said that it was natural for wolves to eat deer while it was alive

..and it is - you cannot deny that.
and it was OK with you.
I said that I was not so arrogant as to presume I know better than God

and Nature, who set up this system without asking me or you.

But I am SO arrogant

Nice to see you admit it...but pretty damned sad. Arrogance usually
gets a perosn nowhere...

and that is where I am superior to you.

???? You are superior to - anyone? - because you are arrogant? Looks
like the common sense train left the station without YOU...

You would reintroduce wolves to wilderness whereas I would not. Therein lies all the difference.

That's right. God and Nature decided they belong there, and neither
you nor I nor anyone else is qualified to second-guess that decision.

[...]

What is there about this that you do not understand. You prefer nature; I
prefer
civilization.
Nothing - I understand it perfectly. *What I do not understand is why

a person who loves civilization and hates actual Nature wants so badly
to enjoy it and keep others out of it. *I understand quantum
mechanics, relativity, cosmology, Shakespeare, Robespierre, Voltaire
and Beethoven, but that is the most incomprehensible thing I have ever
heard. *It is, in the vernacular, completely, whacked. *In the
immortal words of Ralph Kramden, "You, Ed, are a mental case."

"You would reintroduce wolves to wilderness whereas I would not. Therein
lies all the difference." - Ed Dolan
[...]

As usual, common sense and logic are both seriously lacking in your
style.

I don't want mountain bikes on hiking trails - period! Neither does Mr.
Vandeman. But you are too dense an asshole not to appreciate this.
And as usual, you ignore the obvious, which is that I agree with you.

You are
with that other asshole, Jeff Strickland, who thinks it is acceptable for
mountain bikers to enjoy hiking trails on their god damn ****ing bicycles.
Which also ignores the obvious, which is that I don't. *Are you

incapable of retaining even the slightest bit of inconvenient
information?

You need to decide whose side you are on. There is a war on and the battle
rages. Everyone hates a Mr. In-Between!

I am not in between. I simply think the mountain bike thing is a tiny
blip on the radar screen, a point of complaint for malcontents from
the city, compared to global climate change, wilderness devastation,
BP flooding the Gulf with crude and guys like you who blithely go
along as though knowing nothing is preferable to real knowledge.

It is why I regard you as a barbarian and a savage, not worthy of
civilization.
Which is why everyone - except Mikey - regards you as a dangerous

psycho.

Your claim to culture is bogus.

What? Earth to Planet Ed - come in Planet Ed - whoops, too remote.

You are steeped in the blood of wolves.

You are steeped in stupid juice.

I am a Bambi lover and you are a Bambi hater.

I love all animals. You pick and choose like a typical bigot, and eat
the ones you don't care about. Hypocrite.

I have known your type all of my life. It is kill, kill, kill ... for sport and/or for money. The blood of innocent creatures drips from your hands.

You have never known anyone like me, and obviously still do not. Are
you really accusing me of killing for sport or money? Really? How
many animals do you think I have killed AND eaten in the last 20
years? On purpose or by accident? Hint - you don't need two hands to
count the total number.

I am not counting mosquitoes here - everyone has a right to self-
defense.

What did you have for supper last night, Mr. Innocent animal lover?
Old May 22nd 10, 09:19 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

"Bruce Jensen" wrote in message
On May 21, 9:59 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"Bruce Jensen" wrote in message

On May 20, 10:18 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

When you tell me that you know what wild animals are thinking and that
making a bit of noise will protect you from bears, then of course I
conclude that you are an idiot.
I have a question, Do, you know otherwise? If so, how?

I have seen bears many times invade Yellowstone campgrounds with everyone
yelling and screaming and the bears paying no attention at all.
[...]

You are confusing campground - accustomed bears with wild bears in the

backcountry. They are not the same, and they behave differently.

A bear is a bear is a bear!
[...]

You would reintroduce wolves to wilderness whereas I would not. Therein
lies all the difference.

That's right. God and Nature decided they belong there, and neither

you nor I nor anyone else is qualified to second-guess that decision.

Wolves do not need to be reintroduced to anywhere except Hell!
[...]

You need to decide whose side you are on. There is a war on and the battle
rages. Everyone hates a Mr. In-Between!

I am not in between. I simply think the mountain bike thing is a tiny

blip on the radar screen, a point of complaint for malcontents from
the city, compared to global climate change, wilderness devastation,
BP flooding the Gulf with crude and guys like you who blithely go
along as though knowing nothing is preferable to real knowledge.

Everything you mention above are separate issues. Try to stay focused if you
can.
[...]

I am a Bambi lover and you are a Bambi hater.

I love all animals. You pick and choose like a typical bigot, and eat

the ones you don't care about. Hypocrite.

I am bothered by wolves eating a live deer, but it doesn't bother you. I
think that says it all.

I have known your type all of my life. It is kill, kill, kill ... for
sport and/or for money. The blood of innocent creatures drips from your
hands.

You have never known anyone like me, and obviously still do not. Are

you really accusing me of killing for sport or money? Really? How
many animals do you think I have killed AND eaten in the last 20
years? On purpose or by accident? Hint - you don't need two hands to
count the total number.

"I am bothered by wolves eating a live deer, but it doesn't bother you. I
think that says it all." - Ed Dolan
[...]