Meet the Hummingbird: world's lightest folding bike

Old November 11th 15, 06:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

Default Meet the Hummingbird: world's lightest folding bike

QUOTE:

"Chances are that if someone told you about a 6.5kg carbon-fibre bike, you'd picture an exotic drop-barred road bike rather than the Hummingbird, a folder that's just started looking for funding. Kickstarter. The team behind the Hummingbird reckons it's the lightest folding bike in the world.

Assuming the 6.5kg (14.33lb) claimed weight for the 16in wheel version of the Hummingbird is accurate, it's comfortably the lightest folding bike we've ever heard of. The 20in wheel Hummingbird will weigh around 7kg (15.4lb)."

http://road.cc/content/tech-news/170...ing-bike-video
Old November 11th 15, 09:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Lang

On 11/11/2015 18:25, Alycidon wrote:
QUOTE:

"Chances are that if someone told you about a 6.5kg carbon-fibre bike, you'd picture an exotic drop-barred road bike rather than the Hummingbird, a folder that's just started looking for funding. Kickstarter. The team behind the Hummingbird reckons it's the lightest folding bike in the world.

Assuming the 6.5kg (14.33lb) claimed weight for the 16in wheel version of the Hummingbird is accurate, it's comfortably the lightest folding bike we've ever heard of. The 20in wheel Hummingbird will weigh around 7kg (15.4lb)."

http://road.cc/content/tech-news/170...ing-bike-video

And a snip at £1550.

Old November 12th 15, 12:02 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Wed, 11 Nov 2015 10:25:13 -0800 (PST)
Alycidon wrote:

QUOTE:

"Chances are that if someone told you about a 6.5kg carbon-fibre
bike, you'd picture an exotic drop-barred road bike rather than the
Hummingbird, a folder that's just started looking for funding.
Kickstarter. The team behind the Hummingbird reckons it's the
lightest folding bike in the world.

Assuming the 6.5kg (14.33lb) claimed weight for the 16in wheel
version of the Hummingbird is accurate, it's comfortably the lightest
folding bike we've ever heard of. The 20in wheel Hummingbird will
weigh around 7kg (15.4lb)."

http://road.cc/content/tech-news/170...ing-bike-video

16 inch wheels and no suspension, eh?

Old November 12th 15, 06:18 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tosspot[_3_]

Alycidon wrote:

QUOTE:

"Chances are that if someone told you about a 6.5kg carbon-fibre
bike, you'd picture an exotic drop-barred road bike rather than the
Hummingbird, a folder that's just started looking for funding.
Kickstarter. The team behind the Hummingbird reckons it's the
lightest folding bike in the world.

Assuming the 6.5kg (14.33lb) claimed weight for the 16in wheel
version of the Hummingbird is accurate, it's comfortably the lightest
folding bike we've ever heard of. The 20in wheel Hummingbird will
weigh around 7kg (15.4lb)."

http://road.cc/content/tech-news/170...ing-bike-video

16 inch wheels and no suspension, eh?

They mention 20" wheels as well. So I'm a bit confused.

Old November 12th 15, 11:32 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kerr Mudd-John

On Wed, 11 Nov 2015 18:25:13 -0000, Alycidon wrote:

QUOTE:

"Chances are that if someone told you about a 6.5kg carbon-fibre bike,
you'd picture an exotic drop-barred road bike rather than the
Hummingbird, a folder that's just started looking for funding.
Kickstarter. The team behind the Hummingbird reckons it's the lightest
folding bike in the world.

Assuming the 6.5kg (14.33lb) claimed weight for the 16in wheel version
of the Hummingbird is accurate, it's comfortably the lightest folding
bike we've ever heard of. The 20in wheel Hummingbird will weigh around
7kg (15.4lb)."

http://road.cc/content/tech-news/170...ing-bike-video

Sounds good; when they can get the price down to £250-ish I'd be
interested, but £1600? a bit of a niche market.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug
Old November 12th 15, 12:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 12/11/2015 11:32, Kerr Mudd-John wrote:
On Wed, 11 Nov 2015 18:25:13 -0000, Alycidon wrote:

QUOTE:

"Chances are that if someone told you about a 6.5kg carbon-fibre bike,
you'd picture an exotic drop-barred road bike rather than the
Hummingbird, a folder that's just started looking for funding.
Kickstarter. The team behind the Hummingbird reckons it's the lightest
folding bike in the world.

Assuming the 6.5kg (14.33lb) claimed weight for the 16in wheel version
of the Hummingbird is accurate, it's comfortably the lightest folding
bike we've ever heard of. The 20in wheel Hummingbird will weigh around
7kg (15.4lb)."

http://road.cc/content/tech-news/170...ing-bike-video

Sounds good; when they can get the price down to £250-ish I'd be
interested, but £1600? a bit of a niche market.

Chump change to a cyclist.
Old November 13th 15, 12:39 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

Alycidon wrote:

QUOTE:

"Chances are that if someone told you about a 6.5kg carbon-fibre
bike, you'd picture an exotic drop-barred road bike rather than the
Hummingbird, a folder that's just started looking for funding.
Kickstarter. The team behind the Hummingbird reckons it's the
lightest folding bike in the world.

Assuming the 6.5kg (14.33lb) claimed weight for the 16in wheel
version of the Hummingbird is accurate, it's comfortably the
lightest folding bike we've ever heard of. The 20in wheel
Hummingbird will weigh around 7kg (15.4lb)."

http://road.cc/content/tech-news/170...ing-bike-video

16 inch wheels and no suspension, eh?

They mention 20" wheels as well. So I'm a bit confused.

Two versions, one is compact and the other one might be ridable. :-)