Misuse of car horn punished

Old March 22nd 16, 09:33 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

Default Misuse of car horn punished

Never use your horn as a form of rebuke.
Well done that man.
QUOTE:
"At around 3.40pm on Sunday, March 13, a woman was driving along the B6048 Pilsley stretch when she alleges that two cyclists riding ahead of her suddenly moved out in front of her car.

She sounded her horn and one of the cyclists shouted abuse at her, swinging his bike at her car and kicking it, causing damage.

He is described as white, in his 30s and around 5ft 6ins tall. He is slim and wore a helmet and glasses."

http://www.derbyshire.police.uk/News...r-Pilsley.aspx
Old March 22nd 16, 10:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Tue, 22 Mar 2016 02:33:27 -0700 (PDT)
Alycidon wrote:

Never use your horn as a form of rebuke.
Well done that man.
QUOTE:
"At around 3.40pm on Sunday, March 13, a woman was driving along the
B6048 Pilsley stretch when she alleges that two cyclists riding ahead
of her suddenly moved out in front of her car.

She sounded her horn and one of the cyclists shouted abuse at her,
swinging his bike at her car and kicking it, causing damage.

He is described as white, in his 30s and around 5ft 6ins tall. He is
slim and wore a helmet and glasses."

http://www.derbyshire.police.uk/News...r-Pilsley.aspx

So chances are she was tailgating and revving, waiting for a chance to
do an unsafe overtake, and they got ****ed off with her. What else
should she expect?

Old March 22nd 16, 11:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen

Alycidon wrote:

Never use your horn as a form of rebuke.

Oh, yes. This gets my vote.

Last time we were in London, some street in the City - don't remember
which, but Mrs Janssen would - we were crossing and someone sounded his
horn at us. I stuck my middle finger up. As you do.

Matey brakes to a halt, and gets out of his car. I start walking towards
him. He gets back into his car, cursing in some south east London dialect,
and drives away.

I was well disappointed.

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'
Old March 22nd 16, 11:18 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
skate

Alycidon wrote:

Never use your horn as a form of rebuke.
Well done that man.
QUOTE:
"At around 3.40pm on Sunday, March 13, a woman was driving along the
B6048 Pilsley stretch when she alleges that two cyclists riding ahead
of her suddenly moved out in front of her car.

She sounded her horn and one of the cyclists shouted abuse at her,
swinging his bike at her car and kicking it, causing damage.

He is described as white, in his 30s and around 5ft 6ins tall. He is
slim and wore a helmet and glasses."

http://www.derbyshire.police.uk/News...r-Pilsley.aspx

So chances are she was tailgating and revving, waiting for a chance to
do an unsafe overtake, and they got ****ed off with her. What else
should she expect?

Especially when one of the cyclists may have a Napoleon complex. Maybe
she didn't know that men who are around about 5ft 4ins in height are
50% more likely to show signs of the small man syndrome.

Old March 22nd 16, 11:45 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
colwyn[_2_]

Alycidon wrote:

Never use your horn as a form of rebuke.
Well done that man.
QUOTE:
"At around 3.40pm on Sunday, March 13, a woman was driving along the
B6048 Pilsley stretch when she alleges that two cyclists riding ahead
of her suddenly moved out in front of her car.

She sounded her horn and one of the cyclists shouted abuse at her,
swinging his bike at her car and kicking it, causing damage.

He is described as white, in his 30s and around 5ft 6ins tall. He is
slim and wore a helmet and glasses."

http://www.derbyshire.police.uk/News...r-Pilsley.aspx

As per usual, big brave cyclist attacks lone woman, I bet his family are
proud of him. It is no wonder that the general public hate cyclists.
Reports such as this re-inforce every negative stereotype of cyclists.

He is described as white, in his 30s and around 5ft 6ins tall. He is
slim and wore a helmet and glasses.

5 foot 6 inches = BIG?

Old March 22nd 16, 12:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Alycidon wrote:

[...]

'Big brave' is a ****-take.

However, does being a short arsed runt give him a right to attack women?
or anyone else for that matter? I think he is lucky to be alive, it
would not have been too surprising to anyone if the driver's foot had
slipped off the clutch with the shock of the attack.

Old March 22nd 16, 12:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Alycidon wrote:

Never use your horn as a form of rebuke.
Well done that man.
QUOTE:
"At around 3.40pm on Sunday, March 13, a woman was driving along the
B6048 Pilsley stretch when she alleges that two cyclists riding ahead
of her suddenly moved out in front of her car.

She sounded her horn and one of the cyclists shouted abuse at her,
swinging his bike at her car and kicking it, causing damage.

He is described as white, in his 30s and around 5ft 6ins tall. He is
slim and wore a helmet and glasses."

http://www.derbyshire.police.uk/News...r-Pilsley.aspx

So chances are she was tailgating and revving, waiting for a chance to
do an unsafe overtake, and they got ****ed off with her. What else
should she expect?

Lawful behaviour and non-resort to criminal damage?

But if you insist, I will accept your implied proposition that behaving
properly and non-criminally is too much to expect from cyclists.

Old March 22nd 16, 12:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 22/03/2016 11:15, Anthony '****_Taker' Janssen wrote:

Alycidon wrote:

Never use your horn as a form of rebuke.

Oh, yes. This gets my vote.
Last time we were in London, some street in the City - don't remember
which, but Mrs Janssen would - we were crossing and someone sounded his
horn at us. I stuck my middle finger up. As you do.
Matey brakes to a halt, and gets out of his car. I start walking towards
him. He gets back into his car, cursing in some south east London dialect,
and drives away.
I was well disappointed.

I have long advocated the banning of horns and similar devices on vehicles.

100%.

Completely.

They are rarely used for their correct and lawful purpose and there is,
in any case, no requirement in law for other road users (let alone
people sitting in their homes nearby) to be able to hear them, since
there is no law against having "hearing difficulties".
Old March 22nd 16, 12:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
colwyn[_2_]

Alycidon wrote:

[...]

I thought the article said he attacked the CAR, not the woman. Truth is
a strange concept.

Scofflaws punished Tarcap UK 7 October 28th 15 09:35 AM
Next focus for the FBI and IRS - the misuse of funds at Livestrong Anton Berlin Racing 11 May 24th 11 09:53 PM
motorist punished for killing cyclist ian henden UK 2 January 13th 06 01:16 PM
More Antibiotic Misuse? [email protected] Racing 10 March 3rd 05 04:13 AM
More Antibiotic Misuse [email protected] Racing 0 March 1st 05 02:20 PM