Seen this? Why Derek Chauvin may get off his murder charge.

Old June 28th 20, 12:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Seen this? Why Derek Chauvin may get off his murder charge.

Anyone seen this?

It explains in considerable technical detail why even the notorious partisan Keith Ellison will have difficulty convicting Derek Chauvin of murder.

More to the point for everyone, besides those four cops whose lives are already ruined for just doing their job by the book, it explains why America is being ruined by rioting scum on a misapprehension aided and abetted by Ellison, to wit the missing video from the cops' body cams which seems pretty likely to be the key in the four cops' exoneration. The White Paper, on which is predicated the police treatment of people with the seizure which afflicted George Floyd and which actually killed him, has since been disappeared from the Minneapolis police netsite.

Those four cops have a case against the city for unfair dismissal.

When those four policemen walk after the facts are explained to the jury, and they are shown the full film, there will be another six weeks of rioting and destruction and intimidation.

Andre Jute
Send in the National Guard; they could do with the practice so they can be ready at the end of the show trial Ellison will put on to quash the riot on day one.
Old June 30th 20, 03:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]

On Saturday, June 27, 2020 at 4:03:11 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

There are a couple of minutes missing from that video that will tell the actual story. If I properly analyze it. They attempted to thrown George Floyd into the back of the SUV without protecting his head which is required. Hitting his head against the doorway of the SUV he rebounded and fell to the ground. If this is the case he Chauvin actually did commit 2nd degree murder and I don't think you could talk a jury out of that. The only possible out he could have is a judge ruling the charge inappropriate and I think that unlikely because his life could be forfeit.
Old June 30th 20, 11:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
2wheelfan

On Saturday, June 27, 2020 at 7:03:11 PM UTC-4, Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

My prediction having studied many cases in which officers were charged with offenses arising from allegations of excessive use of force: the jury will either deadlock or acquit.
Old July 1st 20, 05:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]

On Tuesday, June 30, 2020 at 3:32:21 PM UTC-7, 2wheelfan wrote:
[...]

The only possible defense that he could present would be that Floyd resisted. Considering how easily he went with them and the video showing him not resisting, that is very hard to prove. That minute or two between videos would be critical ONLY if the other officers did not support that defense and most cops will not condone that sort of treatment of anyone under any other condition but very active resistance. So my prediction is that he will be found guilty. Cops are highly unlikely to lie under oath.
Old July 1st 20, 11:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Tuesday, June 30, 2020 at 3:37:52 PM UTC+1, wrote:
[...]

It's a bit suspicious that the State Attorney's office didn't release the whole video..-- AJ
Old July 3rd 20, 07:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]

On Wednesday, July 1, 2020 at 3:17:37 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

The video's we did see were taken by people in the surrounding crowd so it isn't surprising that parts might be missing. But if those cops had body cameras on and caught the entire arrest We will eventually see the entire story.
Old July 3rd 20, 10:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
2wheelfan

On Wednesday, July 1, 2020 at 12:13:44 PM UTC-4, wrote:

"Cops are highly unlikely to lie under oath."

That statement just kills what little credibility you have. Take it from someone who cross-examined cops many times during the better parts of two decades. Cops are like people: a goodly number of them will lie. And they know that if they lie under oath and get caught at it, the most that will happen to them is a good scolding.

I always told my kids to be very careful around cops not to trigger them. In my estimation as an old man who has had many experiences with police and police departments, a police force is a magnet for psychopaths and sociopaths, I'm sad to say.

That said, the reason I suggest that a Minneapolis jury will not convict is that there is much more beyond our ken, more we did not see; AND juries are very reluctant to convict cops of crimes of excessive force in the line of duty. Jurors tend to identify with cops and trust their testimony; and that includes middle-aged black jurors, who will call the cops at the drop of a hat if they feel endangered.

On this latter point I just saw the statistics. Do a little googling and you can find them too.

What I saw on the TV and online videos, however, was very disturbing. I don't agree with the way those 4 cops handled that bust.

Old July 3rd 20, 11:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 7/3/2020 4:36 PM, 2wheelfan wrote:
[...]

No disagreements with your comments but I saw a gruesome 2d
degree. Charging 1st is going to be a long climb for the
State's Attorney with low likelihood of success.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old July 4th 20, 07:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Friday, July 3, 2020 at 11:20:27 PM UTC+1, AMuzi wrote:
[...]

The boss lawyer in this case is Keith Ellison. Need I explain why he'll be more interested in the circus he can stoke up than the eventual verdict? I'd go as far as to say that Ellison's conduct of this case is already suspect, and that he might not be all that downcast if the four cops walk, with the attendant further social disturbances. His arty will thank him.

Andre Jute
When I was a kid, one didn't need to be such a cynic
Old July 4th 20, 08:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 7/4/2020 1:44 PM, Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

Maybe in Ireland but in our US legal system the elected
Hennepin County District Attorney decides whether to
prosecute and which charges:
https://www.hennepinattorney.org/hcao-highlights

The Minnesota Attorney General can involve himself (I
think-? pending Jay's comments) if there are
ethical/official misconduct or constitutional issues but
otherwise not.

One might suggest that a ridiculous overcharge will play
very well in the press until November, while an acquittal
would be after Mr Freeman's re election, i.e., meaningless
to him. (I'm sometimes called cynical. We'll see.)