A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » UK
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Female cyclist punched in face and robbed



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old June 9th 20, 05:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,536
Default Female cyclist punched in face and robbed

QUOTE:
A cyclist was attacked in a vicious robbery at a Glasgow park over the weekend.

The 32-year-old woman was punched in the face by a man who stole her bike as she made her way through Queen's Park in the south of the city. The incident happened at around 12.30am in the early hours of Sunday morning, June 7.

As a result of the attack the woman was left distressed but was uninjured. She had been cycling along Queen's Drive, near to Niddrie Square, when she was approached by the suspect, who tried to steal her bike.

A struggle ensued during which she was punched by the man, who then made off on the bike towards Pollokshaws Road.

The woman did not require hospital treatment. Constable Jamie Whitton, Community Investigation Unit, Govan Police Station, said: "Although the woman did not need to go to hospital, this robbery was very distressing for her.

“If you have any information about the incident, then please contact police via 101 quoting reference number 1968 of 7 June 2020. If you wish to remain anonymous, the call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/s...obbed-22163394
Ads
  #2  
Old June 10th 20, 12:29 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 11,574
Default Female cyclist punched in face and robbed

On 09/06/2020 17:35, Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:
A cyclist was attacked in a vicious robbery at a Glasgow park over the weekend.

The 32-year-old woman was punched in the face by a man who stole her bike as she made her way through Queen's Park in the south of the city. The incident happened at around 12.30am in the early hours of Sunday morning, June 7.

As a result of the attack the woman was left distressed but was uninjured. She had been cycling along Queen's Drive, near to Niddrie Square, when she was approached by the suspect, who tried to steal her bike.

A struggle ensued during which she was punched by the man, who then made off on the bike towards Pollokshaws Road.

The woman did not require hospital treatment. Constable Jamie Whitton, Community Investigation Unit, Govan Police Station, said: "Although the woman did not need to go to hospital, this robbery was very distressing for her.

“If you have any information about the incident, then please contact police via 101 quoting reference number 1968 of 7 June 2020. If you wish to remain anonymous, the call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/s...obbed-22163394


A cyclist steals another cyclist's bike?

Is this dog bites man or dog bites dog?
  #3  
Old June 10th 20, 10:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kerr-Mudd,John[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 360
Default Female cyclist punched in face and robbed

On Tue, 09 Jun 2020 23:29:17 GMT, JNugent
wrote:

On 09/06/2020 17:35, Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:
A cyclist was attacked in a vicious robbery at a Glasgow park over
the weekend.

The 32-year-old woman was punched in the face by a man who stole her
bike as she made her way through Queen's Park in the south of the
city. The incident happened at around 12.30am in the early hours of
Sunday morning, June 7.

As a result of the attack the woman was left distressed but was
uninjured. She had been cycling along Queen's Drive, near to Niddrie
Square, when she was approached by the suspect, who tried to steal
her bike.

A struggle ensued during which she was punched by the man, who then
made off on the bike towards Pollokshaws Road.

The woman did not require hospital treatment. Constable Jamie
Whitton, Community Investigation Unit, Govan Police Station, said:
"Although the woman did not need to go to hospital, this robbery was
very distressing for her.

“If you have any information about the incident, then please
contact police via 101 quoting reference number 1968 of 7 June 2020.
If you wish to remain anonymous, the call Crimestoppers on 0800 555
111.”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/s...cyclist-punche
d-face-robbed-22163394


A cyclist steals another cyclist's bike?

Is this dog bites man or dog bites dog?

As this is a cycling NG, it's better than a tale of rampant car-theft by
"motorists".


--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.
  #4  
Old June 30th 20, 02:49 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 212
Default Female cyclist punched in face and robbed

On 10/06/2020 22:15, Kerr-Mudd,John wrote:
On Tue, 09 Jun 2020 23:29:17 GMT, JNugent
wrote:

On 09/06/2020 17:35, Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:
A cyclist was attacked in a vicious robbery at a Glasgow park over
the weekend.

The 32-year-old woman was punched in the face by a man who stole her
bike as she made her way through Queen's Park in the south of the
city. The incident happened at around 12.30am in the early hours of
Sunday morning, June 7.

As a result of the attack the woman was left distressed but was
uninjured. She had been cycling along Queen's Drive, near to Niddrie
Square, when she was approached by the suspect, who tried to steal
her bike.

A struggle ensued during which she was punched by the man, who then
made off on the bike towards Pollokshaws Road.

The woman did not require hospital treatment. Constable Jamie
Whitton, Community Investigation Unit, Govan Police Station, said:
"Although the woman did not need to go to hospital, this robbery was
very distressing for her.

“If you have any information about the incident, then please
contact police via 101 quoting reference number 1968 of 7 June 2020.
If you wish to remain anonymous, the call Crimestoppers on 0800 555
111.”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/s...cyclist-punche
d-face-robbed-22163394


A cyclist steals another cyclist's bike?

Is this dog bites man or dog bites dog?

As this is a cycling NG, it's better than a tale of rampant car-theft by
"motorists".


Not really.

The majority of joyriders (certainly including all those aged under 17
years) are simple qualified cyclists and because *not* qualified to
drive are not drivers (or, as many here prefer to call them, "motorists").

HTH.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Schoolgirl punched in face by stranger while cycling home from school Bod[_5_] UK 7 April 2nd 19 08:28 AM
Cyclist punched woman driver in face MrCheerful UK 1 July 26th 16 09:41 AM
Vulnerable victim punched in the face by motorist. Doug[_3_] UK 1 February 19th 11 09:39 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2020 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.