Anyone know the make and model of this mountain bike ?

Old June 30th 20, 08:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Adam

Default Anyone know the make and model of this mountain bike ?

Saw an image of a nice mountain bike online...

https://postimg.cc/T5qbkBn1

Anyone know the make and model of this mountain bike ?
Old July 1st 20, 04:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Tue, 30 Jun 2020 12:57:34 -0700, Adam wrote:

Saw an image of a nice mountain bike online...
https://postimg.cc/T5qbkBn1
Anyone know the make and model of this mountain bike ?

The name is inscribed on the downtube, but I couldn't extract even a
few letters using image enhancement software. Sorry.

My guess(tm) is one of the 2019 Specialized Stumpjumper models.
https://www.specialized.com/us/en/stumpjumper-fsr-elite-29/p/106984
However, there are pleny other Stumpjumpers that are similar. Without
a closer look at the freewheel area, I can't be sure my guess(tm) is
correct. More Stumpjumpers:
https://www.specialized.com/us/en/shop/bikes/c/bikes#/filterroductfamily:Stumpjumper
https://www.specialized.com/us/en/shop/bikes/c/bikes#/filterroductfamily:Stumpjumper$2520EVO
https://www.specialized.com/us/en/shop/bikes/c/bikes#/filterroductfamily:Stumpjumper$2520ST
The problem with my guess(tm) is that I don't a Stumpjumper in yellow
frame color. However, they do offer it in other years:
https://www.google.com/search?q=specialized+stumpjumper+yellow&tbm=isch
Bingo... Here's the paint job complete with nearly zero visibility
blue lettering:
https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/bikes/mountain-bikes/specialized-stumpjumper-comp-alloy-6fattie-review/
Ok. So it's 2018 instead of 2019. Close enough.

Do I get a prize?

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old July 1st 20, 03:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Adam

On 06/30/2020 08:38 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
[...]

Nice! Really like the 2018 yellow. Older models are fine.
I'm new to mountain bikes so spending thousands may not be wise until I'm committed.
Besides, too much bling might attract trouble (theft, robbery, etc.).
Haven't ridden a bike in decades. Need the exercise since gyms are closed.

Any recommendations? So many configurations, it's making my head spin.
Bike will be used mostly for roads and easy/moderate trails. So,
I probably don't need rear suspension, etc.

Do I get a prize?

Thanks! :-)
Old July 1st 20, 04:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]

On Tuesday, June 30, 2020 at 8:39:05 PM UTC-7, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
[...]

Your first guess appears to be correct. The mounting position of the shock is very telling on these bikes And that particular mounting has the least weight and highest efficiency whereas though more limited travel which is why Santa Cruz doesn't use it anymore. Salsa also is similar.