3.7/ KH conversion

Old October 9th 05, 12:35 AM
musketman

Default 3.7/ KH conversion

Stupid questions about to come... beware! Can the new 3.7
tyre fit into a kh frame? I'm guessing not, but it seems like the frame
width is enough to fit 4" in there, or is it the clearance part of this
that doesn't make it? Or both? Could you get a 29" KH frame and put the
26 by 3.7 tyre on it? Or a 24" frame and put a 24" by 3.7 tyre in it?
Has anyone tried?

--
musketman
musketman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9214

Old October 9th 05, 12:46 AM
trials_uni

if you speak of the 3.7 listed earlier it will fit the KH 29er frame
privided that the width of the frame is compatible and only the 24rim
will fit the 26 beccomes a 29er due to the massivity(is that a word?)
of the tyre...hope that helps

-Phil

--
trials_uni

You can't get up and try it again if you don't fall first.
-Phil

Old October 9th 05, 12:53 AM
KcTheAcy

I dont think the 24x3.7 has come out yet.

--
KcTheAcy

¤-Kaycee
http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Kaycees-Unicycle-gallery

http://www.maineunicyclist.2ya.com/
KcTheAcy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5003

Old October 9th 05, 01:24 AM
Loosemoose

Its possible, I don't have a new kh frame to actually measure though.
Also bear in mind that the 3.7" tyre relates to tread width and the
actual distance between the sidewalls on each side may be as much as
4". Its worth trying, but I wouldn't bet much on it without checking
first... Since the only 3.7" tyre is for a 26" wheel you'd need to use
a 29" KH frame.

Loose.

--
Loosemoose

Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
Officially a  & ~ expert.

_no1_quote_of_crawley_2005:_
Leigh: "Where's Trevor"
Baz: "I think he's upstairs, balancing The Bishop"
Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326

Old October 9th 05, 02:29 AM
SurlyDave

Loosemoose wrote:
Its possible, I don't have a new kh frame to actually measure though.
Also bear in mind that the 3.7" tyre relates to tread width and the
actual distance between the sidewalls on each side may be as much as
4". Its worth trying, but I wouldn't bet much on it without checking
first... Since the only 3.7" tyre is for a 26" wheel you'd need to use
a 29" KH frame.

Loose.

The overall width of the tire is 3.7" (94mm) on the Large Marge rim at
30psi. The tire is widest at the sidewall...not at the edge of the
tread. Flattened out, the tread measures 4" (102mm) across.

Dave

--
SurlyDave
SurlyDave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9294

Old October 9th 05, 11:40 AM
Loosemoose

SurlyDave wrote:
The overall width of the tire is 3.7" (94mm) on the Large Marge rim at
30psi. The tire is widest at the sidewall...not at the edge of the
tread. Flattened out, the tread measures 4" (102mm) across.

Ah sorry, my mistake. I assumed the 3.7" measure was tread width while
inflated, and the sidewalls were wider than that. Thanks for clearing
that up Dave.

Loose.

Old October 9th 05, 07:03 PM
musketman

I could try it, but im not spending the money to find out! It seems like
it would work tho. I have an 05 kh frame and im pretty sure it is at
least 4" across. If the KH 29 frame is the same across i don't see why
it wouldn't work.