Recommend Bike Shops in Brisbane and Perth

Old December 7th 07, 09:40 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Kent

Default Recommend Bike Shops in Brisbane and Perth

Hi,

I shall be visiting Brisbane and Perth over the next week and would like
some recommendations on reliable and competitively-priced bike shops at
both locations. I am looking for the usual bike stuff - jerseys,
accessories, parts etc.

Your recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks.

Kent

Old December 10th 07, 01:42 AM posted to aus.bicycle
brucef

On Dec 8, 6:40 am, Kent wrote:
I shall be visiting Brisbane and Perth over the next week and would like
some recommendations on reliable and competitively-priced bike shops at
both locations. I am looking for the usual bike stuff - jerseys,
accessories, parts etc.

I would like to give my enthusiastic support to Greg Stoyles Cycles,
143 Walter Rd Morley WA ph 9375 1340.

I bought my Christmas bike and a new bike for my daughter
and he gave me an excellent price, including knocking off
another $50 that he really didn't have to.

His shop is fairly small and focussed on low-end stuff, but he
will go the extra yards to get in anything you need.

Plus he is just a really nice guy. Unlike the complete pratt I
spoke to at The Bicycle Entrepreneur.
Old December 10th 07, 01:20 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

On Dec 8, 6:40 am, Kent wrote:
Hi,

I shall be visiting Brisbane and Perth over the next week and would like
some recommendations on reliable and competitively-priced bike shops at
both locations. I am looking for the usual bike stuff - jerseys,
accessories, parts etc.

Your recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks.

Kent

PBK and a few others, sadly. Competitively priced bike shops are not
known in Brisbane - they differentiate on marketing and service. You
might get mates rates if you are a mate, but not as a blow-in.
Old December 10th 07, 05:29 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Duracell Bunny[_40_]

Kent Wrote:
Hi,

I shall be visiting Brisbane and Perth over the next week and would
like
some recommendations on reliable and competitively-priced bike shops
at
both locations. I am looking for the usual bike stuff - jerseys,
accessories, parts etc.

Your recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks.

Kent

Bicycle Rider's in Morningside, Brisbane look after me pretty well -
good service, negotiable on prices. 600 Wynnum Rd; 07 3899 8232. Depends
on who you talk to there too, of course. Owner is Chris, good man to
deal with in my experience.

DB

--
Duracell Bunny

Old December 13th 07, 04:54 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cyclist2[_4_]

brucef Wrote:
On Dec 8, 6:40 am, Kent wrote:
I shall be visiting Brisbane and Perth over the next week and would

like
some recommendations on reliable and competitively-priced bike shops

at
both locations. I am looking for the usual bike stuff - jerseys,
accessories, parts etc.

I would like to give my enthusiastic support to Greg Stoyles Cycles,
143 Walter Rd Morley WA ph 9375 1340.

I bought my Christmas bike and a new bike for my daughter
and he gave me an excellent price, including knocking off
another $50 that he really didn't have to.

His shop is fairly small and focussed on low-end stuff, but he
will go the extra yards to get in anything you need.

Plus he is just a really nice guy. Unlike the complete pratt I
spoke to at The Bicycle Entrepreneur.which store?

the nedlands store done the righty by me when iv had a bike problem

--
cyclist2

Old December 13th 07, 05:10 AM posted to aus.bicycle
brucef

On Dec 13, 1:54 pm, cyclist2 cyclist2.31i...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
brucef Wrote:
Unlike the complete pratt I
spoke to at The Bicycle Entrepreneur.

which store?

the nedlands store done the righty by me when iv had a bike problem

Nedlands.

Maybe you look the part. I got the feeling that I would have been
taken
more seriously if I had been wearing lycra. And I was asking about
kids
bikes, so obviously not a real cyclist. Or maybe I just got the one
knob
in the shop. Or maybe it was just a bad day for him, I dunno...