MaxDaddyCycles Newest Creation

Old November 28th 05, 07:07 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default MaxDaddyCycles Newest Creation

Hey, Here's Gus's newest creation, a 7 foot coker giraffe.
[image:
http://Studentweb.uwstout.edu/dingem.../guscoker.jpg]
Currently It's running 170mm cranks and is geared down to approximately
a 27" wheel, giving a surprising amount of control. It rides very
smooth overall, and the massive rotational wieght isn't obvious durring
idling.

In action:
[image:
http://studentweb.uwstout.edu/dingem.../maxcoker.jpg]

It'll also be available to ride durring Mondo Jugglefest
(http://www.mondofest.org/)

--
Max_Dingemans
Max_Dingemans's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1981

Old November 28th 05, 08:34 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

young man!.....get down from there.

your going to hurt yourself.....

--
jagur

What might Sinter Klaas_Bil you for this year?
-forget_your_life-
--------------------------------------
-------*muni militia *-------
*one wheeled death squad*

Old November 28th 05, 12:48 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Very cool! Nice going, Gus!

--
U-Turn

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'
-- Dave Stockton

Old November 28th 05, 04:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Looks like a fun ride. You should try gearing it up to add to the
insanity of it all.

--
siafirede
siafirede's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6057

Old November 28th 05, 05:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

That's one good looking machine.

A friend of mine recently returned from living in the UK for about two
years, filled with horror-stories about single-chained giraffes.
Apparantly there is nobody in the UK who's got a single good thing to
say about them his 5-footer drew some disparaging looks from people he
worked with on entertainment gigs.

To see a single chain on this raffie makes me wonder if it's all hot
air or if the Americans are just fearless?

--
GILD

'three short gs and a long e-flat'
(http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/beethoven_sym5_1.wav) - 'map'
(http://www.frappr.com/unicycleworld)
'\\"freedom is just chaos, with better lighting.\\" entropy'
(http://tinyurl.com/77lom)
'harper' (http://tinyurl.com/c9epx)
'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
'Dave' (http://www.lyricsdir.com/d/deep-purp...ld-in-time.php)

Old November 28th 05, 06:02 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

looks perfect for Uni basketball

--
Daytripper63
Daytripper63's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10789

Old November 28th 05, 09:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Rad! What a beautiful machine! My suggestion for a wild coker-related
creation is a coker 2-wheeler.

BTW the freestyle frame Gus built for me is still going strong - I'm
very happy with it.

--
TonyMelton

The way to a man's heart is through his veins.
TonyMelton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2118

Old December 1st 05, 07:12 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Wow! Would that hold up to any Muni?

--
burjzyntski

It's no good being Polish unless you prove it once a day.

\"every silver lining has a touch of gray.\"

\"drunk drivers run stop signs, stoned drivers wait for them to turn
green.\" -'SDASD' (http://cannabisculture.com/articles/4131.html)
burjzyntski's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10188

Old December 11th 05, 01:00 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I have ridden this beast several times at our club practices. Giraffes
aren't really my thing, and I haven't done much riding on anything
quite that tall, so I'm not entirely comfortable on it, but I don't
find it terribly difficult. It's an interesting ride. The wheel of
course has much more mass and momentum than you expect to be dealing
with on a giraffe, and the times I've had to bail off of it have been
when I've been trying to make tight turns. I can idle it fairly easily.
I tried idling it one-footed a few nights ago but only managed a couple
of idles. I keep pressuring Gus to gear the thing up to one-to-one, so
it will be a TRUE Coker giraffe. Whether or not I would then have the
guts to ride it is another question. Whether something can be done, and
whether it should be done, are often two different issues...

It looks even taller and more fearsome in person than it does in Max's
picture.

Single chains worry me on giraffes of all sizes. I try not to think
about it when I'm riding.

--
weeble

======================
To avoid danger of suffocation
keep away from babies
and small children
======================
weeble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1625

Old December 11th 05, 04:59 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Why do people dislike single chain drives? I've never had the chance to
deal with a giraffe, so could you please inform me abit?

--
Spudman

*| B B|* This space owned by Fly ''
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/VBGooglemap.php)
*| I O |* This space owned by Frees*TYLER!*
*| L A |* *MERCYME owns this space!!!*
*| L R |* This space owned by unijesse
*|__'-' (www.selectric.org)____'D'
(http://www.cathodecorner.com/nixiewatch/index.html)___|* This space
rendered by forrest
Spudman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10752

Fuji Newest norcalhiker Techniques 1 November 19th 04 06:54 PM
Newest trail "system" in Lane County... ireman_1 Mountain Biking 5 October 14th 04 12:57 AM
The creation that changes cycling forever could be in this thread. Dominic Sansom Australia 0 September 9th 04 10:31 PM
The creation that changes cycling forever could be in this thread. flyingdutch Australia 1 September 4th 04 07:33 PM
Newest suspended trike Sticker Jim Recumbent Biking 0 August 10th 04 02:05 PM