replacement rear shock question - Cane Creek AD8

Old August 6th 03, 01:35 PM
Super Slinky

Default replacement rear shock question - Cane Creek AD8

ellis said...

Hi guys -

I have a '96 Jamis Dakar Team (15") that came with a Cane Creek AD-8 rear
shock, which has a blown seal (must be, air keeps leaking out). AD-8 is no
longer in production. What will it involve for me to switch out that shock
for something newer? I mean, will a new AD-12 fit the frame, or will a new
Fox Float R, and if so, what size (6.0 x 1.25, 6.5 x 1.5, 7.875 x 2.)? Can
I just measure the Eye to Eye length and go from there?

I am an old fashioned hardtail rider, so all this rear shock stuff is pretty
new to me. Thanks for any advice in advance.

Cane Creek has an extensive compatibility list on their web site. Most
likely your Jamis is on there. If not, then there is a worksheet you can
fill out describing your shock in minute detail (eye to eye length,
orientation, etc) which will determine if they make something that will
work.
Old August 6th 03, 04:21 PM
..::TBF::..

"ellis" wrote in message
Hi guys -

I have a '96 Jamis Dakar Team (15") that came with a Cane Creek AD-8 rear
shock, which has a blown seal (must be, air keeps leaking out). AD-8 is

no
longer in production. What will it involve for me to switch out that

shock
for something newer? I mean, will a new AD-12 fit the frame, or will a

new
Fox Float R, and if so, what size (6.0 x 1.25, 6.5 x 1.5, 7.875 x 2.)?

Can
I just measure the Eye to Eye length and go from there?

I am an old fashioned hardtail rider, so all this rear shock stuff is

pretty
new to me. Thanks for any advice in advance.

Upgrade your shock to a Fox model, just make sure it's the right size, Jamis
has a spec chart on it's website.

Jamis Comp..

Old August 6th 03, 07:42 PM
Barn Barn

You got it ... eye centre to eye centre uncompressed and away you go. Ya fox
kicks ass.
Barn Barn

In article . rogers.com,
"..::TBF::.." wrote: