37 hour days in Massachusetts

Old November 15th 04, 06:36 PM
MagillaGorilla

Henrietta and you don't seem to understand that pro cycling is NOT just
entertainment. The sport itself is foundated upon marketing,
engineering, sales, etc. Those are legitimate businesses, douchhebag.

It's just as serious as any billion dollar marketing or ad agency's
existence. Many cycling industry companies rely on their brand being
promoted by a pro team. You take away Lance Armstrong and Postal, and
TREK as a company would likely be nothing like it is today. They could
have never started Bontrager.

Cyclingnews.com is classified as an online publication NEWS business,
not entertainment. I could give you thousands of examples like this of
why cycling is not "just entertainment."

Also, even if what you said is true (and it's not), entertainment is
still a serious business and a heck of lot more essential and
'legitmate' to the well being (i.e. employment) of a country and its
denizens than half the other businesses out there. Go ask the people in
California if the entertainment industry is a legitimate business and
see what they say. Think of all the computer special effects, make-up,
artists, writers, and movie moguls employed in the entertainment industry.

You have no idea what you are talking about and are just repeating
things other people say like an imported parrot from Brazil without
thinking the issue through.

Everything with you people is about whatever ****ing thought you can fit
into 2 sentences. If it's more complicated than 2 sentences, it will
never get written on RBR unless I, or maybe 3 other people here, write
the ****ing thing.

Goddamn you people are simpletons. I'm convinced most of you never went
to college. And it shows.

"Cycling is 'just' entertainment." - what a ****ing joke.

You people need to shut the **** up,

Magilla

From: MagillaGorilla

That's what Bechtel told the public before invoicing them for another
billion dollars due to their own mistakes.

Magilla

They're a friggin D3 team. How much could they possibly screw up at worst.
Even trying to **** it up, it'd have to end up better than the Horseteef fiasco
ended.
Like Kurgan says it's entertainment not life and death, except if you **** up
your IV.
Bill C

Old November 15th 04, 07:16 PM
MagillaGorilla

From: MagillaGorilla

Henrietta and you don't seem to understand that pro cycling is NOT just
entertainment. The sport itself is foundated upon marketing,
engineering, sales, etc. Those are legitimate businesses, douchhebag.

How many registered racers does USAC have? It's a ****hole in the snow. As a
whole industry here in the US I'd guess it rates below say sewage disposal if
you take out the Wally World $80 ****bikes that people buy for their kids. I'm
sure that Chung could dig up some stats. I know you think you're the worlds
most excellent genius, and all this **** is really really important, so much so
that you feel the need to attempt to shock people with a vulgarity ever third
word or so. Give it up. Richard Pryor was funny as hell with it, Lenny Bruce
****ed people off with it, Carlin is smart with it, your none of the above.
As for you having all the answers, the stupidest people I've ever met think
that. I know you're yanking peoples chains but they're stupid if they take
anything you say seriously.
You really need to spend more time stroking your dick in private instead of
your ego here. Or maybe you're into voyeurism and get off on having people know
that you act like a jackass.
Maybe Brian'll be nice and ship you some meds.
Bill C

I will answer your question with the following statement: pro cycling
and bike racing and all the satellite companies they support probably
equates to a billion dollar industry.

Your argument is irrelevant and a personal attack to obfuscate the fact
that you and Henry were wrong for calling bike racing just
"entertainment." Nothing could be further fromt he truth.

And when I pointed out just how wrong youw ere, you got offended asnd
attacked me with some nonsense.

In this case, I was 100% right, and you and Henry were 100% wrong. The
facts don't lie.

But you do,

Magilla

Old November 15th 04, 07:16 PM
MagillaGorilla

Old November 15th 04, 08:00 PM
TritonRider

From: MagillaGorilla

I will answer your question with the following statement: pro cycling
and bike racing and all the satellite companies they support probably
equates to a billion dollar industry.

Here are some facts:
http://nbda.com/site/page.cfm?PageID=34

Your argument is irrelevant

I disagree. We are talking about how "important" cycling is. You chose to say
that it's important because of the business it generates. BTW that was much
higher than your guess.
It's still a drop in the bucket of GNP.
http://www.forecasts.org/gnp.htm
Here's a little perspective:
http://www.bls.gov/iag/leisurehosp.htm

Extracted:
Data from the Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages program show that, in
the economy as a whole:

arts, entertainment, and recreation represents about 1.4 percent of all
employment and about 1.3 percent of all establishments;

All of that was 1.4% how big a chunk of that do you think cycling is?

and a personal attack to obfuscate the fact
that you and Henry were wrong for calling bike racing just
"entertainment." Nothing could be further fromt he truth.

It is an industry that is split into several sectors, racing is the smallest,
and is entertainment and some fitness.
On the scale of things that matter using the $5.5billion and 1.4% it really is
pretty irrelevant on the whole.

In this case, I was 100% right, and you and Henry were 100% wrong. The
facts don't lie.

But you do,

Magilla

Show me where I lied about anything. I expressed an opinion that I feel quite
capable of defending on it's merits. You disagree.
If everything that is bicycle related in the US disappeared tomorrow it would
not be the end of the country or even a massive blow.
Here's some comparison with 9/11:

Extracted from:
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/waron...776451,00.html

The financial cost

Value of US economy: $11 trillion

Estimated cost of attacks to US based solely on property losses and insurance
costs: $21billion

Estimated total losses to the world insurance market from the World Trade
Cent £25bn-£50bn

Amount of office space lost, in square feet: 13.5m

Estimated number of jobs lost in lower Manhattan area following 9/11: 100,000

Number of jobs it has been estimated will be lost in the US as result of the
attacks by the end of 2002: 1.8m

Number of jobs lost in US travel industry in last 5 months of 2001: 237,000

Amount it has been estimated that US commercial insurance premiums will rise by
to cover the potential cost of future terrorism between 2002 and 2004: 50%

Amount allocated by Congress for emergency assistance to airline industry in
September 2001: $15bn

Cycling is not that important.
Bill C

Old November 15th 04, 08:00 PM
TritonRider

Old November 15th 04, 09:11 PM
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS

MagillaGorilla wrote:

Brian,

Great response from an attorney who thinks that Tyler Hamilton's due
process hearing is just a formality.

Has Brian been retained by Hamilton?
Congratulations, Brian!

Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com

Old November 15th 04, 09:28 PM
B. Lafferty

"Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS" wrote in message
MagillaGorilla wrote:

Brian,

Great response from an attorney who thinks that Tyler Hamilton's due
process hearing is just a formality.

Has Brian been retained by Hamilton?
Congratulations, Brian!

Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com
Brooklyn, NY
718-258-5001

Yeah. Haven called and said something about getting a check from some fan we
site.

200 days Badger_South General 16 April 19th 04 06:04 PM
Just bought Kenda K-rads, one hour RR QUAKEnSHAKE Mountain Biking 11 March 24th 04 08:30 PM
Where can I find advice and training tips for a solo 24 hour mtb race? Me Racing 5 December 30th 03 08:58 PM
RR some days at the races Penny S. Mountain Biking 1 July 29th 03 04:40 AM
yelled at 3 times in an hour Paul Ricklefs General 1 July 15th 03 04:40 PM