Road bars for big-ish hands?

Old August 31st 05, 07:32 PM

Default Road bars for big-ish hands?

Hi everyone,

In the old days I used Cinelli 66-44 bars and often when using the
drops I would hold the long horizontal part. This was pretty
comfortable, but riding for extended periods in just about any other
position was not very comfortable, either in the drops, or on the hoods
(C-Record levers).

My new bike has Easton EC90 Equipe Ergo bars and Ultegra levers. They
are pretty comfortable, but the horizontal part of the drops is way too
short to hold onto, as it just makes a serious pressure point in the
middle of my hand because only half of my hand fits on it. And using a
more forward grip in the drops using the "ergo" part isn't much better.
My fist measures 4.5" (11cm) across and this is longer than the ergo
part of the drops. This means the straight part of the bars then dig
into my palm and the side of my hand which quickly causes my 2
outermost fingers to go numb. Not good.

Does anyone have any suggestions for bars ergo or otherwise that have a
large drop and are suitable for big-ish hands?

Thanks!

Joseph

Old August 31st 05, 08:24 PM
maxo

Nitto Noodles are very nice!

I know what you mean about ergo bars for big hands. I've got a set of
Ritchey's which are great for descending in the drops, but suck if you
like those flats in the drop.
http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/handlebars.asp

Old August 31st 05, 09:01 PM
Booker C. Bense