Who are the guys behind Eddy Merckx in this photo?

Old October 8th 08, 02:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jay Beattie

Default Who are the guys behind Eddy Merckx in this photo?

On Oct 7, 2:50*pm, "James Thomson" wrote:
"Jay Beattie" a écrit:

I think it's Herman VanSpringel in white.
http://www.cyclingwebsite.net/coureu...coureurid=7840
He was the 1973 points leader and a Molteni rider -- and if
you look at his bike, you can see it is another Molteni Orange
machine

or is it an orange BIC Motobecane?

http://www.dewielersite.net/db2/wiel...?beeldid=35151

http://i16.ebayimg.com/05/i/001/01/ea/e2dc_12.JPG

In any case, that's definitely Martinez over on the left:

http://www.dewielersite.net/db2/wiel...?beeldid=24356

James Thomson

I think you are right -- now that I see the enlarged picture. It
looks like the following rider is wearing a Bic jersey -- what year
did Ocana have the white jersey? It also makes sense to show the two
together considering their legendary rivalry. So much for my forensic
bicycle picture evaluation -- but it does help a lot to have an
enlargement. -- Jay Beattie.
Old October 8th 08, 02:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_2_]

" wrote:

Who are the guys behind Eddy Merckx in this photo? White jersey, etc.?

Who is Eddy Merckx?

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
If my posts in general annoy or offend, please kill-file.
Old October 8th 08, 04:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jay Beattie

"Jay Beattie" a écrit:

[...]

enlargement. -- Jay Beattie.- Hide quoted text -

Plus . . . Merckx did not ride the 1973 TdF! It is probably the '71
TdF before Ocana crashed. http://www.maxciclismo.com/?seccion=gesta_ocana
-- Jay Beattie.
Old September 1st 18, 06:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James Thomson[_2_]

On Tuesday, October 7, 2008 at 8:29:42 PM UTC+1, James Thomson wrote:
"James Thomson" a écrit:

I think:

Poulidor in the yellow cap and GAN jersey
Ocana in white
Agostinho in the Portuguese national jersey
Van Impe at the back in the Sonolor jersey

That leaves the rider on the far left, who may be a team mate of
Agostinho, perhaps Mariano Martinez.

Which would be stage 11, Carnon Plage to Mont Ventoux:

http://www.memoire-du-cyclisme.net/e...tdf1972_11.php

Thévenet's coming from behind to take the stage:

http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/ventoux%5B27%5D.html

James Thomson

This has been bugging me.

I think it's actually stage 13, Orcières to Briançon. We see this little group together chasing Raymond Delisle on the col de Vars:

https://youtu.be/KpRMKWhZNvU?t=305

Merckx and Agostinho chase down Delisle. Merckx attacks, is caught by Guimard, then rides away on the Izoard for the stage win in Briançon.

James Thomson
Old September 1st 18, 08:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

"James Thomson" a écrit:

[...]

It's been bugging you for the past TEN YEARS? WOW! LOL

Cheers
Old September 2nd 18, 01:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James Thomson[_2_]

On Saturday, September 1, 2018 at 8:07:24 PM UTC+1, Sir Ridesalot wrote:

It's been bugging you for the past TEN YEARS?

Yes.

James Thomson

Eddy Merckx EX-1 62 cm Tom Kunich Marketplace 1 August 20th 08 06:38 PM
Eddy Merckx SC team frame, fork, Campagnolo hidden headset & Merckx seatpost clamp [email protected] Marketplace 0 September 13th 06 02:46 AM
Eddy Merckx Steve McGinty Racing 10 October 14th 04 03:40 AM
Eddy merckx 59 cm frame scootchinmycrackin Marketplace 0 September 22nd 04 02:51 AM
GP Eddy Merckx Colin Boyd Racing 3 August 23rd 04 07:01 PM