TODAYS RIDE

Old January 26th 14, 11:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default TODAYS RIDE

WEATHER SATURDAY WAS EXCELLENT. Tested an all poly with breathing holes 2 level layering over Polartec double layer stretch topped with a ply/cotton hooodie and breathable nylon hiking pants. On foot ? fluffy Chinese wool expedition socks encased in Montrail Gore Hiking boots. A fleece balaclava from REI tied muh hair down.

When the temps went DOWN at 2PM, the loudspeakers erupted with a volume of grumbling as I pulled out a $30 ( on sale off course from ( Campmor.com )set of Manzella Goretex windstopper stretch ski gloves. 15 minute slater the speakers started in on the gloves again. I figure maybe the loudspeaker a B too stupid to have gloves or D cannot afford gloves.

We received a number of hostile looks from specs wearing sweatshirts and several excellent offers from GLYW.

I did not see THE ACCIDENT. Iwas watching the GT's brake into one. Autoweek has the full scoop search 'MEMO' in the Google News bar.

I rolled out at 3AM to pee. There were 2 'campers' nearby to my rear abt 50' in the dark. The loudspeakers threatened to blackmail and call the Sheriff for indecent exposure. No seriously. Bypass.

If yawl wonder abt safety with bicycle's then THE ACCIDENT is 'typical' There was condiderable indirect grumbling but Autoweek has the poop.

http://jalopnik.com/racers-memo-gidl...ash-1509011968

I turned I at 11PM rolled out at 4AM walking back into the very special world of Atlantic breeze, empty stands in the darkness, GT with lights screaming around the banking under my feet at 180. INCROYABLE !!!!!

I had to start the track twice make sure it was infacto running..

Porsche has out piped Chevy. The flatsix has the iconic Ferarri or Matra screaming sound but 10x better and louder.OPERA!

Good race. Maybe I'll go to grotty Sebring.

Old January 27th 14, 01:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Saturday, January 25, 2014 4:36:58 AM UTC-8, John B. wrote:
On Fri, 24 Jan 2014 18:46:55 -0800, Dan

wrote:

writes:

http://goo.gl/ZUJCi8

Anemometor in the gorge was pegged today by 122 mph gust!

Was it a head wind or a tail wind ?

--

Cheers,

John B.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4qGDC63TDQ

This is why you don't want a CF bike. Too light: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqWamgy9aJI

http://www.komonews.com/weather/blog...241966801.html

Ride report today: Awesome. Clear blue skies, no wind,a little chilly with some ice in the shady spots, but otherwise bone dry. I got throttled by a bunch of racer friends, but managed to retain at least a little dignity -- and what time I lost on the uphill, I made up on the down. That is the upside of being heavy and too exhausted to care about crashing. It's not risk compensation; it's anoxia and diminished consciousness.

The bummer is that I would have been skiing, but the snow pack in Oregon is so bad, that it's not worth the drive to the resort -- at least not on a perfect cycling day.
Old January 27th 14, 01:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

JB, yawl ride up the hill from Suicide Corners to Condon ?

I crossed the causeway over San Carlos Bay during a squall. Was big surprise I could not set the bike upright to mount...and hold down...as the bike blew away from my...holding it with one hand as it zaaaap blew away.

Onlookers sent out a rescue with a hatchback sedan.

Memo was removed after a 15-20 minute struggle by 10+ experienced and equipped track workers/EMT. Current panels are pulled-peeled off the wreck by hand.

The clothing test with Polartec long under wear and Champion/Duofold mesh crews was comfortable over a wide temp range from 35 to 65/70 in the sun in a not moving or light casual walking environment with wind.

Exception wide temp range for comfort...no humidity/perspire. Very dry anti- hypothermic comfort.

Old January 27th 14, 04:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Sunday, January 26, 2014 5:26:01 PM UTC-8, wrote:
JB, yawl ride up the hill from Suicide Corners to Condon ?

Never been to Condon. Too much traffic: http://tinyurl.com/lqck4be
http://tinyurl.com/llyswx5

My trips across the state have been on HWY 26, further south and more populated -- meaning that that the cows outnumber the people by only a factor of five instead of ten. http://tinyurl.com/mxx3pwq

I rode through Prairie City once when they were having a town picnic with a main dish of bull testicles. http://www.prairiecityoregon.com/

-- Jay Beattie.
Old January 27th 14, 03:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Ro...Oregon#History

Condon's an epic ride up over the Columbia bluff's windfarms. I assume or imagine a severe tail wind is possible. The route goes over the hill where all major peaks are visible. There's a roadside Peek Park with sighting compass.

Included are the inevitable scenic downhill canyon run recently paved with roofing gravel chip seal. Itsa long one.

Biggs Corners is one of the most dangerous intersections I’ve run across with the NO STOP SIGN routing on the road running down the hill to across the river.
Old January 27th 14, 09:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

******************

http://goo.gl/udzdSJ
Old January 28th 14, 01:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, January 27, 2014 4:07:47 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Monday, January 27, 2014 10:09:14 AM UTC-5, wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Ro...Oregon#History

Condon's an epic ride up over the Columbia bluff's windfarms. I assume or imagine a severe tail wind is possible. The route goes over the hill where all major peaks are visible. There's a roadside Peek Park with sighting compass.

Included are the inevitable scenic downhill canyon run recently paved with roofing gravel chip seal. Itsa long one.

Biggs Corners is one of the most dangerous intersections I've run across with the NO STOP SIGN routing on the road running down the hill to across the river.

******************

http://goo.gl/udzdSJ

*******************

good riding day ! big picture pond fog...low tire friction...low dust.

http://goo.gl/NQfSBy
Old January 31st 14, 02:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Tuesday, January 28, 2014 8:34:25 AM UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

rain

http://goo.gl/bf6B3v
Old February 4th 14, 02:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

frankly, with more volcanic dust beginning the warmup cycle.....

http://www.noaawatch.gov/briefing.php
Old February 4th 14, 11:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Tuesday, February 4, 2014 9:16:52 AM UTC-5, wrote:
frankly, with more volcanic dust beginning the warmup cycle.....

http://www.noaawatch.gov/briefing.php

try tracking total water content up the west cpast and interior western Canada with the flood warnings near Memphis

http://goo.gl/6vXHD5

Todays ride (which GPS?) ... elyob UK 26 August 1st 05 02:02 PM
On todays ride... Chris UK 10 May 31st 05 10:04 AM
Todays ride Ken General 3 May 3rd 05 08:35 PM
Todays Ride (OT) MSeries UK 11 December 13th 04 11:02 PM
Todays Ride davebee UK 11 February 17th 04 10:23 AM