Desperate Dan Smith agrees to quote OED definition.

Old November 7th 15, 01:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Lang

Default Desperate Dan Smith agrees to quote OED definition.

Despite the definition of 'ban' being the same in half a dozen
dictionary's, Desperate Dan Smith has latched onto the 'fact' that the
definition I quoted isn't in the OED. Pathetic I know, but bless him, he
has to try something.

Desperate Dan Smith claims to 'subscribe' to the OED, so he can no doubt
quote it verbatim to prove his point.

I'm sure someone with his legal training will provide the evidence to
prove his point.

Old November 7th 15, 11:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Smith[_7_]

David Lang wrote:

Despite the definition of 'ban' being the same in half a dozen
dictionary's,

The plural of 'dictionary' is 'dictionaries', you thick handyman ****.

Desperate Dan Smith

ROFL !!!

has latched onto the 'fact' that the definition I quoted isn't in the
OED. Pathetic I know, but bless him, he has to try something.

So let's see ... lying about where you got the defintion is OK, but
exposing a known and proven liar is 'pathetic' ...

Desperate Dan Smith claims to 'subscribe' to the OED, so he can no doubt
quote it verbatim to prove his point.

I already have, thicko. In the thread ' Going to fast to stop', on 3
November 2015 at 15:47.

I'm sure someone with his legal training will provide the evidence to
prove his point.

I already have, thicko. Several times.

--
john smith
'_The Guardian_. Wrong about everything. All the time'
Old November 7th 15, 11:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Lang

On 07/11/2015 22:21, John Smith wrote:
David Lang wrote:

Despite the definition of 'ban' being the same in half a dozen
dictionary's,

The plural of 'dictionary' is 'dictionaries', you thick handyman ****.

Irrelevant. More clutching at straws by a looser.

Desperate Dan Smith

ROFL !!!

It is rather funny isn't it? That's one of the many reasons people are
laughing at you.

has latched onto the 'fact' that the definition I quoted isn't in the
OED. Pathetic I know, but bless him, he has to try something.

So let's see ... lying about where you got the defintion is OK, but
exposing a known and proven liar is 'pathetic' ...

Do grow up. The definition is entirely valid. Your pathetic attempt at
a diversion doesn't change that. Bless you, you have to try something.

Desperate Dan Smith claims to 'subscribe' to the OED, so he can no doubt
quote it verbatim to prove his point.

I already have, thicko. In the thread ' Going to fast to stop', on 3
November 2015 at 15:47.

Well what a surprise. I can't seem to find that post. Can anyone else?

I'm sure someone with his legal training will provide the evidence to
prove his point.

I already have, thicko. Several times.

Not as far as I can see. Perhaps you could tell us why the OED
definition is so radically different from all the others?
Old November 8th 15, 02:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Smith[_7_]

David Lang wrote:

Despite the definition of 'ban' being the same in half a dozen
dictionary's,

The plural of 'dictionary' is 'dictionaries', you thick handyman ****.

Irrelevant.

'"******s" is plural. Idiot'
(Thicko Handyman Monday 2 November 2015 23:17:08)

*rofl*

More clutching at straws by a looser.

Hahaha ....

Desperate Dan Smith claims to 'subscribe' to the OED, so he can no
doubt quote it verbatim to prove his point.

I already have, thicko. In the thread ' Going to fast to stop', on 3
November 2015 at 15:47.

Well what a surprise. I can't seem to find that post. Can anyone else?

Oh, you can certainly find it, thicko. You just don't want to.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!or...Y/Ae4DOuZTAgAJ

And here it is again ..

'1 to summon Old English
trans. To summon by proclamation. (Chiefly, in early use, to arms.)
Obs.
b. To call forth, call for (things). Obs.
To curse, anathematize, interdict. [ Old Norse, ? and medieval
Latin bannum.]
2. a. To curse, imprecate damnation upon. arch.
with subord. clause. Obs.
3. intr. To curse, utter curses. arch.
4. trans. and absol. To chide, address with angry and maledictory
language. dial.
5. To pronounce an ecclesiastical curse upon, to anathematize. arch.
6. To interdict, proscribe, prohibit:
a. a thing
b. a person.
7. ban the bomb: the slogan of those advocating nuclear disarmament,
used (with hyphens) as attrib. phr'

{ rest binned unread }

Old November 8th 15, 02:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Lang

Default Desperate Dan Smith shoots himself in foot!!!!

David Lang wrote:

Despite the definition of 'ban' being the same in half a dozen
dictionary's,

The plural of 'dictionary' is 'dictionaries', you thick handyman ****.

Irrelevant.

'"******s" is plural. Idiot'
(Thicko Handyman Monday 2 November 2015 23:17:08)

*rofl*

More clutching at straws by a looser.

Hahaha ....

Desperate Dan Smith claims to 'subscribe' to the OED, so he can no
doubt quote it verbatim to prove his point.

I already have, thicko. In the thread ' Going to fast to stop', on 3
November 2015 at 15:47.

6. To interdict, proscribe, prohibit:
a. a thing
b. a person.

Which confirms the definition in the other half a dozen dictionaries.

"To prohibit a thing or person". Like cycling or a cyclist.

I sense a MASSIVE wriggle coming on!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Your ability to make a fool of yourself is exceptional!

Old November 8th 15, 02:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Smith[_7_]

David Lang wrote:
On 08/11/2015 13:06, John Smith wrote:

6. To interdict, proscribe, prohibit:
a. a thing
b. a person.

Which confirms the definition in the other half a dozen dictionaries.

"To prohibit a thing or person". Like cycling or a cyclist.

Which is not what you posted.

You lied.

Go on...jump, my little thicko plaything... jump!

thicko **** handyman: How high, master???

Old November 8th 15, 03:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Lang

On 08/11/2015 13:51, John Smith wrote:
David Lang wrote:
On 08/11/2015 13:06, John Smith wrote:

6. To interdict, proscribe, prohibit:
a. a thing
b. a person.

Which confirms the definition in the other half a dozen dictionaries.

"To prohibit a thing or person". Like cycling or a cyclist.

Which is not what you posted.

You lied.

Oh dear! Are there any straws left?

I said "I sense a MASSIVE wriggle coming on!" and I was absolutely right!

Go on...jump, my little thicko plaything... jump!

thicko **** handyman: How high, master???

You are delusional.

No more than expected from a cornered rat!

Old November 8th 15, 04:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Smith[_7_]

David Lang wrote:
On 08/11/2015 13:06, John Smith wrote:

6. To interdict, proscribe, prohibit:
a. a thing
b. a person.

Which confirms the definition in the other half a dozen dictionaries.

"To prohibit a thing or person". Like cycling or a cyclist.

Which is not what you posted.

You lied.

Oh dear! Are there any straws left?

Pointing out your lies is now 'a straw'?

LMAO !!!

Old November 8th 15, 04:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Lang

David Lang wrote:
On 08/11/2015 13:06, John Smith wrote:

6. To interdict, proscribe, prohibit:
a. a thing
b. a person.

Which confirms the definition in the other half a dozen dictionaries.

"To prohibit a thing or person". Like cycling or a cyclist.

Which is not what you posted.

You lied.

Oh dear! Are there any straws left?

Pointing out your lies is now 'a straw'?

LMAO !!!

Desperate Dan strikes again. Wriggle as much as you like, the
definition of 'ban' remains the same.

Here's another definition for you;

Clutch at straws

Meaning

Try any route to get out of a desperate situation, no matter how
unlikely it is to succeed.

A straw was chosen as the height of futility as a means of rescue.
Being, as it was, a flimsy and virtually valueless waste product, it was
often used as a synonym for the most unimportant and trifling of
objects. 'Don't give/care a straw' was an indication of indifference, a
'man of straw' was an insubstantial adversary, and to 'condemn someone
to straw' was to declare them ready for the madhouse.

'To clutch at straws' is now used as a figurative phrase, to describe
any desperate situation.