cycling in Beloit

Old May 7th 16, 03:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default cycling in Beloit

On 5/7/2016 8:22 AM, AMuzi wrote:
http://www.channel3000.com/news/Belo...trian/39424998

If the injury happened the other way around, they'd say "Should have
worn a helmet." Why do pedestrians get a free pass on that?

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old May 7th 16, 04:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

On Sat, 7 May 2016 10:11:19 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:
On 5/7/2016 8:22 AM, AMuzi wrote:
http://www.channel3000.com/news/Belo...trian/39424998

If the injury happened the other way around, they'd say "Should have
worn a helmet." Why do pedestrians get a free pass on that?

Because no one markets helmets for pedestrians.
Old May 8th 16, 01:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Saturday, May 7, 2016 at 10:11:22 AM UTC-4, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 5/7/2016 8:22 AM, AMuzi wrote:
http://www.channel3000.com/news/Belo...trian/39424998

If the injury happened the other way around, they'd say "Should have
worn a helmet." Why do pedestrians get a free pass on that?

--
- Frank Krygowski

NUMBER OF OLDSTERS DYING FROM WINTER FALLS ESP GLARE ICE ON SIDEWALKS IS FAIRLY HIGH
Old May 8th 16, 06:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

wrote:
On 5/7/2016 8:22 AM, AMuzi wrote:
http://www.channel3000.com/news/Belo...trian/39424998

If the injury happened the other way around, they'd say "Should have
worn a helmet." Why do pedestrians get a free pass on that?

Because no one markets helmets for pedestrians.

Well, if a walking baby is a pedestrian then in fact they do make
protective helmets for them.
http://www.amazon.com/Thudguard-Baby.../dp/B001OWCOTS

And if one has small children it would be good to know that these
protective devices can be obtained for only $42.95.

Not only that but I came across a site discussing whether crawling
babies need to wear helmets. An excerpt reads, "Before it sounds like
I'm mocking parents who choose to use protective headgear during the
toddling and crawling stages, I'll admit I can see the allure."

The mind boggles!
--

Cheers,

John B.
Old May 8th 16, 01:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

AHA! spelled incorrectly

where did that ^^%XXZC2 go ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkJymMK33Zk
Old May 8th 16, 02:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andrew Chaplin

Tim McNamara wrote in
:

On Sat, 7 May 2016 10:11:19 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:
On 5/7/2016 8:22 AM, AMuzi wrote:
http://www.channel3000.com/news/Belo...ere-injuries-a
fter-bike-collides-with-pedestrian/39424998

If the injury happened the other way around, they'd say "Should have
worn a helmet." Why do pedestrians get a free pass on that?

Because no one markets helmets for pedestrians.

Have you ever seen troops on the march?
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO
Old May 8th 16, 07:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Sunday, May 8, 2016 at 9:50:10 AM UTC-4, Andrew Chaplin wrote:
Tim McNamara wrote in
:

wrote:
On 5/7/2016 8:22 AM, AMuzi wrote:
http://www.channel3000.com/news/Belo...ere-injuries-a
fter-bike-collides-with-pedestrian/39424998

If the injury happened the other way around, they'd say "Should have
worn a helmet." Why do pedestrians get a free pass on that?

Because no one markets helmets for pedestrians.

Have you ever seen troops on the march?
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

no but we've seen them in April an June
Old May 9th 16, 02:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

On Sun, 08 May 2016 12:58:23 +0700, John B.
wrote:

Not only that but I came across a site discussing whether crawling
babies need to wear helmets. An excerpt reads, "Before it sounds like
I'm mocking parents who choose to use protective headgear during the
toddling and crawling stages, I'll admit I can see the allure."

The mind boggles!

It's nothing new. Google "pudding cap".

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net

Old May 9th 16, 04:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_6_]

wrote:

Not only that but I came across a site discussing whether crawling
babies need to wear helmets. An excerpt reads, "Before it sounds like
I'm mocking parents who choose to use protective headgear during the
toddling and crawling stages, I'll admit I can see the allure."

The mind boggles!

It's nothing new. Google "pudding cap".

Well... being a gentleman I'll not inform you of some of the
definitions I found goggling for "pudding cap".
--
cheers,

John B.

Old May 9th 16, 06:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

wrote:

Not only that but I came across a site discussing whether crawling
babies need to wear helmets. An excerpt reads, "Before it sounds like
I'm mocking parents who choose to use protective headgear during the
toddling and crawling stages, I'll admit I can see the allure."

The mind boggles!

It's nothing new. Google "pudding cap".

I wonder whether having bump protection at such an early age results in
a clumsy approach to physical activity? Maybe this continues later in life?

--
JS