1957 Rochet Super Special

Old March 10th 11, 02:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
OldRoads OldRoads is offline
Banned

Default 1957 Rochet Super Special

Pictures and details at:
http://oldroads.com/d_ltw_def.asp?rec_count=1

1957, give or take 2 years in either direction.
We're selling it for the original owner. It was originally purchased
in Michigan.
The owner says it was a track bike which was converted for regular
riding for - as she describes herself - a rich kid.
I've only cleaned it up enough to read the markings. Otherwise it is
untouched.

Reynolds 531 tubing
Brake calipers marked: Super Dural "LAM" Mle DEPOSE
Headset marked: RFWAX
Campagnolo Quick Release wheels
Brake levers marked: "LAM" SGDG FRCIN (or something like that..)
Pedals marked: BERTHET LYOTARD
STRONGLIGHT cranks
EXCELTOO rear hub
RECR front hub
Simplex Brevete S.G.D.G. derailleurs
Stem marked: FORGED ALUMINIUM on one side and MADE IN ENGLAND on the
other
Simplex dropouts

SIZE
Standover: 76 cm
center of the seat tube to the center of the head tube: 50.8 cm
center of the bottom bracket to the top of the seat tube: 50.8 cm
center of the bottom bracket to the center of the head tube: 61 cm

Old March 27th 11, 02:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
jay

On Mar 10, 6:09*am, OldRoads wrote:
[...]

Where @ Pictures and details at:http://oldroads.com/d_ltw_def.asp?
rec_count=1?
I didn't see any mention of a Roche @ this site.
I had a Portawizea (I have no idea how to spell it) cataloge w/
various Rochet models listed
back in the early '60s, when I owned an ~ '52 Automoto w/ wooden rims
& a Major
Taylor stem. I visited his shop in Detroit in (I think 1962. The same
week Marlin Monroe
died). It was like all bike & motorcycle shops should be w/ the smell
of oil & gasoline
soaked into the wooden floor boards, w/ a strong finish of rubber
tire . Shops & rubber
don't smell like that today. French high performance bikes & shops
that smelled like that
held a certain romanticism for me.
Life was good. Too bad, I miss it, JD

Special dating Estrella Roja Techniques 0 August 29th 09 06:24 AM
With stopwatch functionality and coated in super luminova forenhanced visibility, these dynamic sport watches are used by Super BowlQuarterback Tom Brady and World Series MVP Derek Jeter. [email protected] General 0 April 23rd 08 08:02 PM
*Some Special(s) kaka UK 0 December 21st 07 05:46 PM
Super-motivated and super-compelling Robert Chung Racing 4 February 13th 07 03:00 PM
A Very Special Message Ride-A-Lot Mountain Biking 1 November 23rd 06 12:34 AM