Norco or Scott?

Old October 20th 06, 06:11 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Steve McGuinness

Default Norco or Scott?

Hi Folks.

I'm trying to decide between buying a Norco 6/1 or a Scott Ransom 40 (In the
UK, the 06 versions are roughly the same price)

I currently ride a Saracen hardtail, weighing 37 lbs, & my riding could
mostly be described as "All Mountain", but I want something
which exceeds my downhill skills, cos I want to explore that, but I also
don't want to die on the uphills.

Any comments/opinions/comparisons welcome, before I spend a 4 figure sum on
a new steed.

Steve

Old October 20th 06, 06:41 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Dre

"Steve McGuinness" wrote in message
Hi Folks.

I'm trying to decide between buying a Norco 6/1 or a Scott Ransom 40 (In
the UK, the 06 versions are roughly the same price)

I currently ride a Saracen hardtail, weighing 37 lbs, & my riding could
mostly be described as "All Mountain", but I want something
which exceeds my downhill skills, cos I want to explore that, but I also
don't want to die on the uphills.

Any comments/opinions/comparisons welcome, before I spend a 4 figure sum
on a new steed.

Steve

The Six 1 hands down, but then I'm biased, cause thats what I have

The Six is my first dual suspension so I dont have much to compare it with.

I built mine up from bits (custom build) so the first couple of weeks I was
getting everything dialed in, but I haven't put a spanner on it since (5
months), its been bloody great.

Over the christmas break though I plan to do a nice big service...

Just have to wait for my chain tensioner to arrive and I'm set! Cant wait!

Cheers Dre

Old October 29th 06, 05:09 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Steve McGuinness

Hi Folks (again)

Thanks to (Dr) Dre for replying promptly.

Has nobody out there got anything to say about the Scott Ransom

So far, I'm thinking there's nothing between them except :

The Norco looks cooler! (dude)
The Norco is ~ 4lbs heavier (bummer dude)
The Scott uses their own rear suspension. (Dunno dude, what's
suspension???).

Comments anyone.

It's gonna be the biggest purchase since I bought my house, so I really need
some info about both.

Steve

Norco re-spray Dre Mountain Biking 7 March 3rd 06 01:47 AM
Norco Origami folding bike info FWIW... C.J.Patten General 0 May 30th 05 02:59 PM
norco :confused: johngrass Mountain Biking 23 July 20th 04 12:27 PM