Leipheimer to Gerolsteiner

Old September 3rd 04, 11:02 AM
trg

Default Leipheimer to Gerolsteiner

http://www.dr.dk/sporten/cykling/art...ticleID=196147

Old September 3rd 04, 05:20 PM
Richard Adams

"trg" wrote in message ...
http://www.dr.dk/sporten/cykling/art...ticleID=196147

So much for the rumor he was signing with Discovery, which is in line
with the rumor of Merckx, A. signing with Discovery, too.

Any word on Rubiera continuing with Discovery?
Old September 4th 04, 03:36 AM
Sonarrat

in article , Richard Adams at
wrote on 9/3/04 9:20 AM:

"trg" wrote in message
http://www.dr.dk/sporten/cykling/art...ticleID=196147

So much for the rumor he was signing with Discovery, which is in line
with the rumor of Merckx, A. signing with Discovery, too.

Any word on Rubiera continuing with Discovery?

And then Savoldelli signs with Discovery... freakin bizarre.

-Sonarrat

Old September 4th 04, 02:23 PM
Richard Adams

Sonarrat wrote:

in article , Richard Adams at
wrote on 9/3/04 9:20 AM:

"trg" wrote in message

http://www.dr.dk/sporten/cykling/art...ticleID=196147

So much for the rumor he was signing with Discovery, which is in line
with the rumor of Merckx, A. signing with Discovery, too.

Any word on Rubiera continuing with Discovery?

And then Savoldelli signs with Discovery... freakin bizarre.

-Sonarrat

Interesting. Fascinating. Do they see something nobody else does? Or
is he supposed to be lieutenant for Popovich?

Old September 4th 04, 04:15 PM
Sonarrat

in article , Richard Adams at
wrote on 9/4/04 6:23 AM:

Sonarrat wrote:

in article
, Richard Adams at
wrote on 9/3/04 9:20 AM:

"trg" wrote in message

http://www.dr.dk/sporten/cykling/art...ticleID=196147

So much for the rumor he was signing with Discovery, which is in line
with the rumor of Merckx, A. signing with Discovery, too.

Any word on Rubiera continuing with Discovery?

And then Savoldelli signs with Discovery... freakin bizarre.

Interesting. Fascinating. Do they see something nobody else does? Or
is he supposed to be lieutenant for Popovich?

Given Popo's youth, I have no doubt that it is, in fact, the other way
around. And from what I've heard from Popo, he will probably like having
the pressure lifted off him.

I mean, it's a perfect arrangement in some ways. But it's still freakin'
bizarre, because he was just starting to figure out how to compete
effectively under Godefroot. And now he's going to Bruyneel?

-Sonarrat.

Old September 4th 04, 05:42 PM
Howard Kveck

In article ,
Sonarrat wrote:

in article , Richard Adams at
wrote on 9/4/04 6:23 AM:

Sonarrat wrote:

in article
, Richard Adams at
wrote on 9/3/04 9:20 AM:

"trg" wrote in message

http://www.dr.dk/sporten/cykling/art...ticleID=196147

So much for the rumor he was signing with Discovery, which is in line
with the rumor of Merckx, A. signing with Discovery, too.

Any word on Rubiera continuing with Discovery?

And then Savoldelli signs with Discovery... freakin bizarre.

Interesting. Fascinating. Do they see something nobody else does? Or
is he supposed to be lieutenant for Popovich?

Given Popo's youth, I have no doubt that it is, in fact, the other way
around. And from what I've heard from Popo, he will probably like having
the pressure lifted off him.

I mean, it's a perfect arrangement in some ways. But it's still freakin'
bizarre, because he was just starting to figure out how to compete
effectively under Godefroot. And now he's going to Bruyneel?

It might be that he thinks that he'd be more effectively used on a
Bruyneel team.

--
tanx,
Howard

"Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind."
Albert Einstein

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old September 4th 04, 05:42 PM
Howard Kveck

In article ,
Richard Adams wrote:

Sonarrat wrote:

in article , Richard Adams at
wrote on 9/3/04 9:20 AM:

"trg" wrote in message

http://www.dr.dk/sporten/cykling/art...ticleID=196147

So much for the rumor he was signing with Discovery, which is in line
with the rumor of Merckx, A. signing with Discovery, too.

Any word on Rubiera continuing with Discovery?

And then Savoldelli signs with Discovery... freakin bizarre.

-Sonarrat

Interesting. Fascinating. Do they see something nobody else does? Or
is he supposed to be lieutenant for Popovich?

Based on the ride that won him the Giro, I think Savoldelli certainly
has strength and talent. He seemed to have a good tactical sense, too. His
last two seasons sure haven't shown it, though. Injury after injury for the
guy makes me wonder if he's kind of fragile. I hope not, as it'd be nice to
see him do well again.

Old September 6th 04, 05:32 AM
Benjamin Weiner

Sonarrat wrote:

[Savoldelli]
Given Popo's youth, I have no doubt that it is, in fact, the other way
around. And from what I've heard from Popo, he will probably like having
the pressure lifted off him.

I mean, it's a perfect arrangement in some ways. But it's still freakin'
bizarre, because he was just starting to figure out how to compete
effectively under Godefroot. And now he's going to Bruyneel?

Since Tyler left, USPS-BF/Disco Channel hasn't had anybody who can
crash with the same frequency and panache. Savoldelli is that man.

Top level riders shouldn't really have to figure out how to
compete effectively under a DS or team manager. The DS is supposed
to figure out how to use them effectively. Maybe that's why he's
leaving the Godefroot storage-closet.
Old September 6th 04, 06:46 PM
Chris

"Sonarrat" wrote in message
in article , Richard Adams at
wrote on 9/4/04 6:23 AM:

Sonarrat wrote:

in article
, Richard

Adams at
wrote on 9/3/04 9:20 AM:

"trg" wrote in message

http://www.dr.dk/sporten/cykling/art...ticleID=196147

So much for the rumor he was signing with Discovery, which is in line
with the rumor of Merckx, A. signing with Discovery, too.

Any word on Rubiera continuing with Discovery?

And then Savoldelli signs with Discovery... freakin bizarre.

Interesting. Fascinating. Do they see something nobody else does? Or
is he supposed to be lieutenant for Popovich?

Given Popo's youth, I have no doubt that it is, in fact, the other way
around. And from what I've heard from Popo, he will probably like having
the pressure lifted off him.

I mean, it's a perfect arrangement in some ways. But it's still freakin'
bizarre, because he was just starting to figure out how to compete
effectively under Godefroot. And now he's going to Bruyneel?

Huh? There are no "great differences" in the sense that he needs to "suss it
out". Anyone that can do well at T-Mobile is a self motivated stud. Going to
Bruyneel's team can only help to have that kind of superior communication.
Bruyneel is excellent at setting correct expectations from the riders to the
fans and sponsors. That is only a slice of what will be better for any rider
(that does not have conflicts with a certain Texan) that transfers to
Bruyneel's team. I can't see why anyone would remain loyal to that T-Mobile
(except for guys like Vino that only know of even worse teams) when they
have a chance to ride for one of the best. If you want an example of
"freakin' bizarre", try looking up worst moves of the century in which
Ullrich returns to T-Mobile after turning down offers from teams such as
CSC. It may be too late to salvage Ullrich's Tour dreams but anyway,
T-Mobile knows how to get excellent team results buy hiring way too much
talent and burning through the guys that tried to make the teams and get
left home. Why would anyone be upset if they knew what to expect? Do you
think a lot of those guys over in the T-Mobile salt mines might be a tad
dissappointed) Evans, etc. I would not be surprised if Botero, Evans, The
Falcon, and any others I am oberlooking at the moment have their best years
as soon as he gets away.