Giro d'Italia, stage 19 summary

Old May 31st 11, 12:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

Default Giro d'Italia, stage 19 summary

On Monday, 30 May 2011 12:57:31 UTC-7, Frederick the Great wrote:
In article ,
"A. Dumas" wrote:

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
[...]

Why is your References header missing?

"Basically, I do it to **** off old farts.
Same reason I'm posting this TOFU-style
(Text Over, Fullquote-Under)."

--
Old Fritz

I'll have to poke around, but I'm using Google Groups as my posting/reading interface. I assume that for some damned-ass reason GG is very casual about references headers, which probably goes nicely with it's default no-quoted-text-in-replies setting.

The worst of it is I don't see any of these problems: everything just works inside of GG, so you just come off as a bunch of curmudgeons who won't get with the program and read Usenet through a bizarre non-standard web interface that conflates Usenet and mailing lists, and perverts postings for its own reasons.

I'll look into it further,
Old May 31st 11, 04:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
A. Dumas[_2_]

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
I'll have to poke around, but I'm using Google Groups as my
posting/reading interface. I assume that for some damned-ass reason
GG is very casual about references headers, which probably goes
nicely with it's default no-quoted-text-in-replies setting.

Works for other people. There were no line breaks either in your post.
Old May 31st 11, 04:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On May 30, 11:29*pm, "A. Dumas" wrote:
Ryan Cousineau wrote:

I'll have to poke around, but I'm using Google Groups as my
posting/reading interface. I assume that for some damned-ass reason
GG is very casual about references headers, which probably goes
nicely with it's default no-quoted-text-in-replies setting.

Works for other people. There were no line breaks either in your post.

I'm having no trouble with Ryan's posts. Well, except for
understanding what the hell he's talking about.

Old May 31st 11, 04:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Fred

"A. Dumas" wrote in news:is1naj$2u8$1@dont-
email.me:

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
I'll have to poke around, but I'm using Google Groups as my
posting/reading interface. I assume that for some damned-ass reason
GG is very casual about references headers, which probably goes
nicely with it's default no-quoted-text-in-replies setting.

Works for other people. There were no line breaks either in your post.

IAWTP. Ryan is the only one posting here whose text doesn't wrap. I
would upgrade my newsreader, which would likely solve he problem, but
none of the goldarned newfangled programs with all their jimcracker
fooforall nonsense run on kerosene like my current one, and I am not
going to give up my kerosene-powered newsreader.

--
Bill Fred
Old May 31st 11, 07:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fredmaster of Brainerd

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
I'll have to poke around, but I'm using Google Groups as my
posting/reading interface. I assume that for some damned-ass reason
GG is very casual about references headers, which probably goes
nicely with it's default no-quoted-text-in-replies setting.

Works for other people. There were no line breaks either in your post.

IAWTP. *Ryan is the only one posting here whose text doesn't wrap.

Yes. And many use google groups. I speculate it has
something to do with the web browser. Ryan, your
User-Agent line says "G2/1.0", which is a little inscrutable.
It might mean Google Groups, but for most users of GG,
the User-Agent field is the web browser.
Are you posting to rbr from a phone or mobile device?
Could you be getting a mobile version of GGroups that behaves
differently than others? Or maybe it's just that your
browser handles wrapping in text boxes in some way that
mangles GGroups' attempted wrapping?
If you're using some funny web browser, try posting
to rbr from Firefox and see if it behaves the same way.

Freddebugger Ben

Old May 31st 11, 08:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

William Fred a écrit profondement:

| IAWTP. Ryan is the only one posting here whose text doesn't wrap.

Does Xnews not have a "Reformat" utility?

Ryan's posts don't wrap here, but it just requires a simple "W w" to
make them behave. (gnus is in use here).

--
Davey Crockett
Flying the Flag of the English
Old May 31st 11, 11:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

RicodJour wrote:
I'm having no trouble with Ryan's posts. Well, except for
understanding what the hell he's talking about.

Perhaps you're not using a threaded newsreader. If you do you'll find
each of his posts becomes a new subject.

Old May 31st 11, 01:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On May 31, 6:23*am, Simply Fred wrote:
RicodJour wrote:

I'm having no trouble with Ryan's posts. *Well, except for
understanding what the hell he's talking about. *

Perhaps you're not using a threaded newsreader. If you do you'll find
each of his posts becomes a new subject.

I'm using Google Groups as well. Maybe Google's gibberish makes sense
to Google?

Old May 31st 11, 09:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Frederick the Great

In article ,
"A. Dumas" wrote:

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
I'll have to poke around, but I'm using Google Groups as my
posting/reading interface. I assume that for some damned-ass reason
GG is very casual about references headers, which probably goes
nicely with it's default no-quoted-text-in-replies setting.

Works for other people. There were no line breaks either in your post.

Must be the slimmed down google for Canadians.

--
Old Fritz
Old May 31st 11, 09:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Frederick the Great

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
I'll have to poke around, but I'm using Google Groups as my
posting/reading interface. I assume that for some damned-ass reason
GG is very casual about references headers, which probably goes
nicely with it's default no-quoted-text-in-replies setting.

Works for other people. There were no line breaks either in your post.

IAWTP. Ryan is the only one posting here whose text doesn't wrap. I
would upgrade my newsreader, which would likely solve he problem, but
none of the goldarned newfangled programs with all their jimcracker
fooforall nonsense run on kerosene like my current one, and I am not
going to give up my kerosene-powered newsreader.

Kerosene! Luxury. I'm pedaling as fast as I can just to
keep up. Fortunately, my flywheel powered newsreader puts
out more power than I can.

--
Old Fritz