Tires and their price

Old October 19th 20, 07:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Tires and their price

On 10/19/2020 1:22 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Monday, October 19, 2020 at 9:56:00 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 10/19/2020 11:16 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Monday, October 19, 2020 at 8:58:27 AM UTC-7, sms wrote:
On 10/16/2020 4:09 AM, Sepp Ruf wrote:

snip
I'm still shocked: I looked for €14,99 bargain tires, free shipping, but
one was 19,94 including shipping!
The margins on tires, like most bicycle accessories are "Keystone"
https://www.thebalancesmb.com/keystone-pricing-in-retail-2890192# (or
greater). So when you see a 25% off sale on tires, the retailer is still
making good margins, and I don't begrudge them those margins since the
margins on complete bicycles are not good, yet require a lot of labor
for assembly.

Performance used to sell their own brand of tires at good prices, some
of their tires were okay, some were not so good.
Somewhere I heard that Michelin was sold off to the Chinese. I finally managed to get another set of Pro4's which will go on the bike I wear the next set of tires out on.

Michelin is a publicly traded entity registered in France.
For about 94 Euros you could own a share yourself!

If you don't have 94 Euros to spare, you could, like my
savvy 16 year old grandson, trade in fractional shares on
your telephone without leaving the house.

Crap. On whose account? He's not old enough to contract.

-- Jay Beattie.

Which has been noted by the Feds but so far it's the trendy
hobby of 2020!

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/...tional-shares/

--
Andrew Muzi