'Beeped' a cyclist.

Old October 20th 20, 04:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
soup[_8_]

Default 'Beeped' a cyclist.

I 'beeped a cyclist today, I do hope he doesn't think I was impatient
and wanting to overtake him.

It was dark(ish), dipped mains but maybe could have used sidelights.
He nipped out behind a car that was emerging from a side road .

I felt the chap in the car was being a bit 'cheeky' as there wasn't
really time to pull out in front of me without me slowing greatly,
but I am slow to anger and just felt "ah he has misjudged it, ah well we
all make mistakes" .
The bike however had no lights and was fairly masked by the car (I
didn't see him until I was almost on him, and didn't have the
acceleration to pull away.

I almost rear-ended him, and gave him a beep, he gesticulated (don't
know if it was a "sorry mate my fault" or it was a "you're a ******".
I cycle myself and know of many of the dangers etc of traffic, however
even I realise when I have been a tube and made life more
difficult/dangerous for myself. Some cyclists do them selves no favours
and act in the most cockwomblish of fashions
Old October 20th 20, 05:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 4:54:41 PM UTC+1, soup wrote:
Some cyclists do them selves no favours
and act in the most cockwomblish of fashions

It's when such people get behind the wheel of a car that you have to worry.

Old October 21st 20, 08:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Wednesday, October 21, 2020 at 8:36:25 PM UTC+1, soup wrote:
On 20/10/2020 17:18, Simon Mason wrote:
On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 4:54:41 PM UTC+1, soup wrote:
Some cyclists do them selves no favours
and act in the most cockwomblish of fashions

It's when such people get behind the wheel of a car that you have to worry.

Why's that then?

Because, unlike a cyclist, a bad driver can and does kill people to the tune of 7 every day.
Old October 21st 20, 11:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]

On 21/10/2020 20:48, Simon Mason wrote:

On Wednesday, October 21, 2020 at 8:36:25 PM UTC+1, soup wrote:
On 20/10/2020 17:18, Simon Mason wrote:
On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 4:54:41 PM UTC+1, soup wrote:
Some cyclists do them selves no favours
and act in the most cockwomblish of fashions

It's when such people get behind the wheel of a car that you have to worry.

Why's that then?

Because, unlike a cyclist, a bad driver can and does kill people to the tune of 7 every day.

Is it illegal to use the "audible means of warning" which must by law be
fitted to a motor-vehicle and maintained in working condition (a bit
like a set of brakes)?