[OT] Out of the mouths of babes ;-)

Old June 9th 05, 04:50 PM
Richard

Default [OT] Out of the mouths of babes ;-)

Seen on an email list:

"On a health/safety quiz in high school, my son encountered this
question: "When you are a pedestrian, you should assume that motorists
don't ____________." The "correct" answer was "see you." My son put,
"care whether you live or die." The teacher gave him credit for the
response, in the belief that *this* belief would probably keep him even
safer as a pedestrian than the standard one would."

R.
Old June 9th 05, 05:06 PM
Matt B

"Richard" .address.uk
wrote in message ...
Seen on an email list:

"On a health/safety quiz in high school, my son encountered this question:
"When you are a pedestrian, you should assume that motorists don't
____________." The "correct" answer was "see you." My son put, "care
whether you live or die." The teacher gave him credit for the response,
in the belief that *this* belief would probably keep him even safer as a
pedestrian than the standard one would."

Where on earth do you suppose he got that idea from?

--
Matt B

"If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it."
- Albert Einstein

Old June 9th 05, 05:21 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 16:50:15 +0100, Richard
.address.uk wrote:

"On a health/safety quiz in high school, my son encountered this
question: "When you are a pedestrian, you should assume that motorists
don't ____________." The "correct" answer was "see you." My son put,
"care whether you live or die." The teacher gave him credit for the
response, in the belief that *this* belief would probably keep him even
safer as a pedestrian than the standard one would."

Cloff!

Obviously the lad has been lurking in uk.tosspot ;-)

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at CHS, Puget Sound
Old June 9th 05, 06:14 PM
Trevor Barton

Richard wrote:
Seen on an email list:

"On a health/safety quiz in high school, my son encountered this
question: "When you are a pedestrian, you should assume that motorists
don't ____________." The "correct" answer was "see you." My son put,
"care whether you live or die." The teacher gave him credit for the
response, in the belief that *this* belief would probably keep him even
safer as a pedestrian than the standard one would."

R.

ROTFL!

--
Trevor Barton
Old June 9th 05, 06:30 PM
wafflycat

"Richard" .address.uk
wrote in message ...
Seen on an email list:

"On a health/safety quiz in high school, my son encountered this question:
"When you are a pedestrian, you should assume that motorists don't
____________." The "correct" answer was "see you." My son put, "care
whether you live or die." The teacher gave him credit for the response,
in the belief that *this* belief would probably keep him even safer as a
pedestrian than the standard one would."

R.

The boy should have a gold star ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Old June 12th 05, 06:28 PM
C.J.Patten

"Richard" .address.uk
wrote in message ...
Seen on an email list:

"On a health/safety quiz in high school, my son encountered this question:
"When you are a pedestrian, you should assume that motorists don't
____________." The "correct" answer was "see you." My son put, "care
whether you live or die." The teacher gave him credit for the response,
in the belief that *this* belief would probably keep him even safer as a
pedestrian than the standard one would."

They should change the default answer on the quiz to match his. Smart kid.
No Darwin Award for you.