Floyd Landis peaking to early or TDF contender.....??

Old March 11th 06, 10:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Floyd Landis peaking to early or TDF contender.....??

Floyd Landis peaking to early or TDF contender.....??

Will be interest to see what happens....?? The interesting part is that
Floyd has said that he was not really aiming to win the Tour of
California or the Paris-Nice originally. If he plays his cards right
and selects his races carefully it's possible that he could contend or
win the the TDF. But who knows I have not been following Floyd all that
closely last year.

Old March 12th 06, 01:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Dan Connelly wrote:
wrote:
Floyd Landis peaking to early or TDF contender.....??

Will be interest to see what happens....?? The interesting part is that
Floyd has said that he was not really aiming to win the Tour of
California or the Paris-Nice originally. If he plays his cards right
and selects his races carefully it's possible that he could contend or
win the the TDF. But who knows I have not been following Floyd all that
closely last year.

The record of P-N winners winning the Tour is pretty poor:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2006...06/?id=history
http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2006...06/?id=history

Last dual winner: Merckx 1971???

If I'm Landis, though, I take the wins where I can get them.

Floyd's got to be happy about this year's Tour favoring time-triallists
over climbers, though... Ullrich must be too, for that matter.

~bob
Old March 12th 06, 03:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

In both races he uncorked super time trials and rode defensively, with much
team support, through the rest of the race. I cannot see that he is peaking
too early.
oups.com...