Video of a helluva crash in New York

Old June 17th 08, 04:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
bobcullinan

Default Video of a helluva crash in New York

At the finish line of a crit in Harlem on Sunday, the winner ate
it...big time...right after he crossed the line. Check it out:

http://cycleto.com/...w=article&id=281

The good news...nobody hit him (how did they miss?), and he eventually
got up and rode away.

Yikes.
Old June 17th 08, 04:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz

bobcullinan wrote:
At the finish line of a crit in Harlem on Sunday, the winner ate
it...big time...right after he crossed the line. Check it out:

http://cycleto.com/...w=article&id=281

The good news...nobody hit him (how did they miss?), and he eventually
got up and rode away.

Yikes.

Too bad there wasn't a good look at the crash back
in the field at about 0:33. Wonder what happened
there.

Bob Schwartz
Old June 17th 08, 06:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
WeaselPoopPower

bobcullinan wrote:
At the finish line of a crit in Harlem on Sunday, the winner ate
it...big time...right after he crossed the line. Check it out:

http://cycleto.com/...w=article&id=281

The good news...nobody hit him (how did they miss?), and he eventually
got up and rode away.

Yikes.

Not only rode away but I see no road rash and his jersey appears intact.
WTF? Physio-pyscho-scientists please comment on how the hell that happens.

functional link: http://tinyurl.com/45895d

Old June 17th 08, 06:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Jun 17, 1:01 pm, WeaselPoopPower wrote:
bobcullinan wrote:
At the finish line of a crit in Harlem on Sunday, the winner ate
it...big time...right after he crossed the line. Check it out:

http://cycleto.com/...w=article&id=281

The good news...nobody hit him (how did they miss?), and he eventually
got up and rode away.

Yikes.

Not only rode away but I see no road rash and his jersey appears intact.
WTF? Physio-pyscho-scientists please comment on how the hell that happens.

functional link:http://tinyurl.com/45895d

Winning provides a huge surge of adrenaline and testosterone which
temporarily makes the skin impenetrable. You can get an idea of the
effect if you get belted by gamma rays.

Old June 17th 08, 07:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
SLAVE of THE STATE

bobcullinan wrote:
At the finish line of a crit in Harlem on Sunday, the winner ate
it...big time...right after he crossed the line. Check it out:

http://cycleto.com/...w=article&id=281

The good news...nobody hit him (how did they miss?), and he eventually
got up and rode away.

Yikes.

Not only rode away but I see no road rash and his jersey appears intact.
WTF? *Physio-pyscho-scientists please comment on how the hell that happens.

functional link:http://tinyurl.com/45895d

Winning provides a huge surge of adrenaline and testosterone which
temporarily makes the skin impenetrable. *

It ain't quite winning, but I reckon BAsher shaves his nutsack after
RBR posts for just these reasons.

You can get an idea of the
effect if you get belted by gamma rays.

What do you know about the Incredible Hulk's nutsack?

Old June 17th 08, 11:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 08:28:49 -0700 (PDT), bobcullinan
wrote:

At the finish line of a crit in Harlem on Sunday, the winner ate
it...big time...right after he crossed the line. Check it out:

http://cycleto.com/...w=article&id=281

The good news...nobody hit him (how did they miss?), and he eventually
got up and rode away.

He won the race. Is an Adam Hodges Myerson disciple.

I was in that race (at the back, but was dropped after being behind a
big crash on the sixth to last lap. They pulled me with 1 lap (of 53)
to go, which was annoying -- DNF.

JT
Old June 17th 08, 11:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 10:38:26 -0500, Bob Schwartz
wrote:

Too bad there wasn't a good look at the crash back
in the field at about 0:33. Wonder what happened
there.

One guy - who is very high up at Bicycleing Magazine - had his bike
snap in two. The frame was in two separate piece.

Not sure how he is doing but we can expect a report on
http://www.joaoisme.com/
Old June 17th 08, 11:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

This past weekend was all Tyler Hamilton, Michael Ball and Rashaan
Bahati. Though that Time guy swept up the big prize in the end.

AHM on the sprint
http://www.timeprocycling.com/2008/0...on-harlem.html

Some images (these pages are slow - images are superb):
http://www.teamorganicnyc.com/gallery_06_15_08.html

Previous day in Prospect Park
http://www.teamorganicnyc.com/gallery_06_14_08.html

A little of me
http://www.jt10000.com/images/zuiharlemtemp.jpg

Old June 18th 08, 12:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jun 17, 3:39*pm, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:
This past weekend was all Tyler Hamilton, Michael Ball and Rashaan
Bahati. *Though that Time guy swept up the big prize in the end.

AHM on the sprint http://www.timeprocycling.com/2008/0...on-harlem.html

Some images (these pages are slow - images are superb): http://www.teamorganicnyc.com/gallery_06_15_08.html

Previous day in Prospect Park http://www.teamorganicnyc.com/gallery_06_14_08.html

A little of me http://www.jt10000.com/images/zuiharlemtemp.jpg

You're on page 1 of the team organic photos, also?

Nice pictures. At first I was wondering why Ty-Ty and the
other Rock Racing dude were riding with behind the seat
bottle cages (incipient triathlism?) but it appears to be for
a video camera setup, right? There are two camera-like
things on Tyler's bars.

The Rock Racing shoe covers make them look like they
have enormous frog feet.

Ben

Old June 18th 08, 01:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

wrote:
This past weekend was all Tyler Hamilton, Michael Ball and Rashaan
Bahati. *Though that Time guy swept up the big prize in the end.

AHM on the sprint http://www.timeprocycling.com/2008/0...on-harlem.html

Some images (these pages are slow - images are superb): http://www.teamorganicnyc.com/gallery_06_15_08.html

Previous day in Prospect Park http://www.teamorganicnyc.com/gallery_06_14_08.html

A little of me http://www.jt10000.com/images/zuiharlemtemp.jpg

You're on page 1 of the team organic photos, also?

Yeah.

Nice pictures. At first I was wondering why Ty-Ty and the
other Rock Racing dude were riding with behind the seat
bottle cages (incipient triathlism?) but it appears to be for
a video camera setup, right? There are two camera-like
things on Tyler's bars.

Supposedly there is a movie in the making.

The Rock Racing shoe covers make them look like they
have enormous frog feet.

The whole outfit is bizarre. But while I don't like their/Ball's
style, I like the fact that they have style.